03-17-10 08:23 AM
82 1234
tools
    This app seems real nice. I like the UI but hope they come up with able to manager notify's. Like Ubertwitt or socialscope. If they can get some features up, they will blow social scope out!
    If UberTwitter would intergrate Facebook into the application, it would give SocialScope a run for their money as well...
    03-03-10 12:07 PM
    If UberTwitter would intergrate Facebook into the application, it would give SocialScope a run for their money as well...
    Definetly!
    03-03-10 12:09 PM
    Seems slow when refreshing. Takes a minute or so for new items to show up.
    03-03-10 12:10 PM
    I have it on my tour with os5.0 and it works well i like the ui.
    03-03-10 12:45 PM
    i have to say.....this is a pretty sweet app
    03-03-10 12:59 PM
    sucks CB is not one of the RSS channels....can you add your own channels?
    03-03-10 01:04 PM
    I've installed this and tried it out. Probably not for me. Can I delete this app as normal on my Storm2 without any complications since it was a pushed product?
    03-03-10 05:51 PM
    Currently deleting the app! Not for me I think that the individual apps work far better than this does collectively. Since it is no issue for me that I have seperate apps this is toast. It was also very slow on my tour very very slow. Hung up and had to do several battery pulls to get out of it. Would also be nice if they gave the opportunity to remove parts you dont use since I don't do myspace don't need it or google talk. Just my .02
    03-03-10 07:57 PM
    hmm... i have a verizon tour and it has yet to be pushed to my phone.
    03-03-10 09:11 PM
    hmm... i have a verizon tour and it has yet to be pushed to my phone.

Same here... probably with the next battery pull but whatever ... I've ceased to care about these, I just hide them and forget about them if I don't want them...
    03-04-10 01:49 AM
    So to update, I was running the app up until yesterday evening. As has been stated, it's a good app, but to simple and not for me. I like the photo upload features of UT and the Facebook apps.

So I plugged it in to Desktop Manager because I didn't want to do an OTA removal. Then I just hid the link. As if it wasn't even there.

Good Try, Better luck next time.
    03-04-10 08:40 AM
    can i add my own news feed channels? or should i keep viigo over this
    03-04-10 10:50 AM
    DO NOT REBOOT! If you reboot before removing the app, you'll get the 552 error!

You need to use either Desktop Manager, BBSAK, or on the device itself and remove the app. You should be able to remove it and your phone will boot up like before the error.

Sometimes removing the app isn't possible, with or without the 552 error. This happened to me.

If you cannot remove the app, you need to reload your OS. Then re-install your 3rd party apps. Hopefully you've made a device backup so you can restore your device data.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f141/er...lution-417139/

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I wish I'd have seen this before I REBOOTED. Damn you Verizon. I'm trying to reload everything now. I hope to heck I get it all back....only I don't mean heck. I made a backup a few hours ago. Never again will I load something they push that I didn't ask for. Damn you Verizon.

The Apploader.exe didn't work. I'm trying it thru BDM now. It taking longer, I hope that's a good sign.....it's on the last of the five tasks and it says it may take up to 30 minutes. Wish me luck.

Damn you Verizon.
    03-05-10 08:49 PM
    Hopefully we don't see many members "bricking" their devices installing this application...
    Well here's another victim. </sarcasm>Thanks Verizon.</sarcasm>
    03-05-10 08:51 PM
    Well, I got my OS back. Then I did a restore of the backup I made using the device switch wizard. I was given to understand that doing it that way gets back all your third party apps. Then I did a restore the plain backup I did a number of hours ago. My third party apps are GONE. Even BBM, Memo Pad, and the Password Vault are gone. How do I get those back???? I freakin NEED that stuff. What am I supposed to do NOW?
    03-05-10 09:16 PM
    Well, I got my OS back. Then I did a restore of the backup I made using the device switch wizard. I was given to understand that doing it that way gets back all your third party apps. Then I did a restore the plain backup I did a number of hours ago. My third party apps are GONE. Even BBM, Memo Pad, and the Password Vault are gone. How do I get those back???? I freakin NEED that stuff. What am I supposed to do NOW?
    Well, I got my Passwrd Keeper, memos, etc. back. I'm still missing every last one of my third party apps. Damn you Verizon. Whoever thought of this needs to have his head examined.

Here we're told that OS 5 for the Tour is being held up because Verizon is oh so very careful to carefully test an OS before releasing it and it won't be released until they're sure it works correctly, yet they throw this half-baked piece of crap at us and say oh well I hope we don't brick TOO many users. How about a little due diligence. Quit pushing out crap I didn't ask for. Up to this point I would have said I was completely in Verizon's camp. I've always had pretty good customer experiences with reps in Stores, etc. But this half-baked scheme really takes the cake. You all should be glad I'm not so sloppy in my profession...dead patients aren't pretty. Sheesh.
    Last edited by amazinglygraceless; 03-05-10 at 11:21 PM. Reason: Language
    03-05-10 09:33 PM
    DO NOT REBOOT! If you reboot before removing the app, you'll get the 552 error!

You need to use either Desktop Manager, BBSAK, or on the device itself and remove the app. You should be able to remove it and your phone will boot up like before the error.

Sometimes removing the app isn't possible, with or without the 552 error. This happened to me.

If you cannot remove the app, you need to reload your OS. Then re-install your 3rd party apps. Hopefully you've made a device backup so you can restore your device data.
    I always hit "No" when it asks to reboot after deleting or installing an application, then I clear my event log and remove the battery. Since I prefer the battery pull over a soft reboot, I now know why I never had the 552 error when I was running OS 4.7 now...
    03-05-10 09:50 PM
    I always hit "No" when it asks to reboot after deleting or installing an application, then I clear my event log and remove the battery. Since I prefer the battery pull over a soft reboot, I now know why I never had the 552 error when I was running OS 4.7 now...
    Actually, I got the error right AFTER the battery pull that I performed after SB threw the error.
    Sure would like 5.0 to get released if this is a result of 4.7.1.161
    I sure won't trust anything that gets pushed without my asking for it ever again. I'm just lucky that I had some form of backup. What about the poor innocent souls that cruise along and say "look, a cool new thing from Verizon", install it, and get bricked. I'll admit I was furious with Verizon last night as I lost about 4 hours of my life putting things to right. I usually defend Verizon when the subject of cell carriers comes up but I have had my loyalty shaken a bit. Talkl about being a BB addict. You put your life in there (or at least all your passwords, memos, todos, dates) and then they get snatched. Can induce quite a bit of rage. Seems to be OK today although I still don't have everything back the way I had it. Grrr.
    03-06-10 10:20 AM
    Actually, I got the error right AFTER the battery pull that I performed after SB threw the error.
    Sure would like 5.0 to get released if this is a result of 4.7.1.161
    I sure won't trust anything that gets pushed without my asking for it ever again. I'm just lucky that I had some form of backup. What about the poor innocent souls that cruise along and say "look, a col new thing from Verizon", install it, and get bricked. I'll admit I was furious with Verizon last night as I lost about 4 hours of my life putting things to right. I usually defend Verizon when the subject of cell carriers comes up but I have had my loyalty shaken a bit. Talkl about being a BB addict. You put your life in there (or at least all your passwords, memos, todos, dates) and then they get snatched. Can induce quite a bit of rage. Seems to be OK today although I still don't have everything back the way I had it. Grrr.
    I so totally feel your pain. Every single one of your rants just now is exactly how I feel! I've been with Verizon for years too and I'm slowly getting frustrated with them about this crap.
    I was able to follow the direction on the "How to back up your 3rd party apps" thread and was able to retrieve all of my 3rd party apps, but now I'm having trouble with the synchronization in my account accounts with my Hotmail and RoadRunner email. When I read and delete them on the blackberry, they no longer synchronize to be "read" or "deleted" from the inbox and I can't figure out how to fix it. It's got me all pissed off about it too. I like having the synchronization because it saves me from having to filter through all the emails and figuring out which ones I've already read, needed to keep, or needed to delete. How frustrating.
    03-06-10 11:52 AM
    can i add my own news feed channels? or should i keep viigo over this
    From what I read, it doesn't seem like you can add custom feeds. Can anyone confirm this?
    I may have to check this out if I can add my own channels.
    03-06-10 05:59 PM
    Is there a way to display LED notifications when there is a Facebook notification?
    03-07-10 10:25 AM
    Has anyone tried this SocialBeat app yet? I just rebooted my Storm and saw that the link was sitting there.
    I have a BB Tour and I found out about the app via the forums on Viigo, so I checked my application folder and there it was. I have not used it nor do I plan to.
    03-07-10 08:57 PM
    I use this app for quick looks and updates just got it tho

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    03-07-10 11:30 PM
    I have a Storm 2 and still have not had this pushed to me.
    03-08-10 12:44 PM
    So after installing this app to my Storm 2....i literally got reboots after reboots. So i deleted it from my storm by going to Options - Applications - BB button delete "Social Beat" it asked if i wanted to Reboot and hit Yes and i did not encounter any error messages and the frequent reboots stopped.

Nice app, but def has bugs! :-/
    03-08-10 02:20 PM
82 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD