03-17-10 08:23 AM
82 1234
    this app has been chewing through my battery like crazy.
    03-02-10 05:47 PM
    Do I need to put this in my browser?

LOL @ me for still wanting to try after almost killing my Tour.
    03-02-10 06:10 PM
    Too late! Lol. Took me an hour to get it back up and running. Won't try downloading this again until the 5.0 from Verizon is released, because I read on here that the 4.7 has had problems. Luckily I backed up my phone's contents before doing this.
    Verizon has not released 5.0 yet,,, so if they are pushing it to phones running 4.7, it should work.
    03-02-10 06:29 PM
    i think PrttyBrwnEyez13 is referring to OS 4.7 having random 552 errors. Any app can cause it on that OS.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-02-10 06:32 PM
    -t appeared after I "Hard Booted" my phone.

03-02-10 06:33 PM
    If social beat is better than the crappy fb app rim has put out, I might use it instead but I'm still kind of leary about it...
    03-02-10 06:41 PM
    i think PrttyBrwnEyez13 is referring to OS 4.7 having random 552 errors. Any app can cause it on that OS.

That's correct
    03-02-10 06:56 PM
    OTA for various devices posted here: Social Beat v1.4.0.71 - @BBTweeps
    03-02-10 08:17 PM
    Played with it a bit. The UI is very very nice. Quite appealing to look at, crisp snappy responses on my Storm. Incorporates left/right swiping in all the right places. The carousel style toolbar at the top is incorporated better than any other app I've seen. Only hiccup with the UI that I found is when scrolling back to the top of a stream, there's a bit of shaking when it hits the top.

Twitter functionality is very basic. It allows you to @reply and retweet. There are a lot of features that could be added which many Twitter users have been accustomed to having at their fingertips (follow, unfollow, block, lists, etc..)

It has integrated Facebook pretty well. Poking around with it I haven't seen any method to post pics to Facebook. News Feeds and posting on Walls is seamless though. As well you can Like, Comment etc..

GoogleTalk integration has the typical buddy-list and maintains a list of all your chats separately. It allows you to set your availability status. Beyond that though, there doesn't seem to be any extra features, like the ability to add/remove contacts etc.

RSS works well. Lacks the ability to add a custom feed though. You're limited to the feeds pre-loaded which you can toggle on/off. I would rather it incorporated GoogleReader than just a bare bones RSS reader.

I have never touched MySpace so I can't comment on that.

Overall, SocialBeat has done a good job of incorporating multiple social mediums, and has built a very nice UI. I would just hope that it's a work in progress and that more features for each medium will be added to it.
    Very well said! I somewhat use myspace and don't really care for it on this app- mostly just links to the browser. BUT I'm not the biggest myspace fan, so it doesn't really matter. Nice work in progress!
    03-02-10 08:26 PM
    After downloading it, I will have to mess with it for a few days and see which one I prefer but I do like the UI, it doesn't seem as cramped...
    03-02-10 08:43 PM
    yeah, i just got it pushed to my storm2 today. i dont like having to give my phone # for it.
    03-02-10 09:18 PM
    It pushed to my Tour. I tried to download it, and when it installed, it wouldn't run because my phone is supposedly out of memory, which seems to happen too often with the Tour. What should I do?
    03-02-10 09:32 PM
    Unfortunately, that link won't help 9630/ owners. It's not a memory issue. We have plenty of memory. It's a bug in the 4.7 OS that causes apps to install incorrectly even when we have lots of free memory.

03-02-10 09:35 PM
    I just played around with it after downloading it just now. It was pushed to my bb after i had to do a battery pull due to the ticking clock...

Im only a FB and twitter user so i didn't test out the myspace or rss or googletalk.....

I'm still toying with it but I feel as if my Ubertwitter and FB app is better than Social Beat. It only allows you to do simple things like tweet/update FB status, and check others..... i dont see a way to upload a picture to your twitter/FB...

It's size is 724K bytes, where ubertwitter is 563K and FB is just over 1M bytes. The "manage social beat"/options didn't give you much options to customize the app. If you're not heavy on any of these social networks or just a simple person who just tweets and retweets others...... then Social Beat would be best vs. having multiple apps hogging up your space.

The UI is nice. It doesn't lag much on my storm 1 which is amazing compared to other apps that i tried out.
    03-03-10 03:02 AM
    DO NOT REBOOT! If you reboot before removing the app, you'll get the 552 error!

You need to use either Desktop Manager, BBSAK, or on the device itself and remove the app. You should be able to remove it and your phone will boot up like before the error.

Sometimes removing the app isn't possible, with or without the 552 error. This happened to me.

If you cannot remove the app, you need to reload your OS. Then re-install your 3rd party apps. Hopefully you've made a device backup so you can restore your device data.

I deleted it because I got that memory error too. But later when I changed the battery and rebooted, it still bricked my Tour! This is ridiculous! I'm sitting here right now trying to restore my stupid blackberry and I've got a freakin meeting at 9am!
    03-03-10 06:19 AM
    Hasn't been pushed to me. Maybe one has to have stock OS? I'm running .451.

03-03-10 06:42 AM
    easy solution.....if you don't want to use it....just hide the app. thats what i did.
    03-03-10 07:00 AM
    the app has an issue with BerryBuzz. it randomly blinks the LED for no reason. it actually blinks the LED the same color that i have set for my incoming SMS/MMS. i disabled BerryBuzz and it still blinks. also makes me think that this app is may be using some of my SMS/MMS allocations since it required your mobile number to set up the app.
    03-03-10 07:40 AM
    it was pushed to me also... I installed it... gave it a try...
    but it's too limited... I'll stick with ubertwitter and the native FB app...

I hate these carrier pushed apps...
    03-03-10 07:57 AM
    I'm testing it out now, but I definitely have not made up my mind yet. It seems simple and has worked great so far, but I don't know, I can't help but feel it is lacking.
    03-03-10 08:26 AM
    Is there any way that having this or any app pushed on to my 9550 could have drained the battery over night? I unplugged my phone at about 9pm cause of a full charge. Then i woke up at 8am to see the battery warning light flashing and a new app in my downloads folder.

Not gonna lie, this kinda freaked me out.
    03-03-10 08:51 AM
    I'm testing it out now, but I definitely have not made up my mind yet. It seems simple and has worked great so far, but I don't know, I can't help but feel it is lacking.
    This pretty much sums it up for me. Very good for basic functionality. Does anyone know if there is a way to have it launch immediately on reboot? I use a twitter app. and google talk and would like this to replace both. However, the google talk app auto signs in on reboot. I have a storm so I reboot often. It's nice to have google talk automatically available as opposed to having to remember to start an app.
    03-03-10 10:23 AM
    Checking Social Beat out now.. if I were to use this to replace my ubertwitter and facebook apps, I would lose the upload photo features which I use very frequently, additionally, you cannot follow/unfollow users on twitter nor can you synch facebook with your schedule (for birthdays, this is particularly helpful) or your contacts (nice for having pictures quickly for each contact you have friended on facebook)...

Overall, I feel this app is a nice idea, but I prefer a dedicated app with more functionality for each social network. This would probably be a great app for someone who uses these networks lightly and sparingly.. but if you want to get the most out of your mobile social networking experience.. I'll pass.
    03-03-10 11:18 AM
    My Fiance downloaded it on her tour and it nuked her tour. Becauseful. I havent heard of tis happening to anyone else but just incase, back up before you download.
    03-03-10 11:32 AM
    This app seems real nice. I like the UI but hope they come up with able to manager notify's. Like Ubertwitt or socialscope. If they can get some features up, they will blow social scope out!
    03-03-10 12:04 PM
82 1234