From the NY Times:

"The statement also highlighted the continuing drop in demand in RIMs core smartphone business. The company warned that it may have to cut its expectations for fourth-quarter phone sales because phones shipped during the current quarter are piling up in retailers warehouses rather than going into consumers' hands. "

And Rim's actual statement:

"The Company is still in the process of finalizing its fourth quarter outlook, and based on preliminary estimates, RIM expects unit shipments in the fourth quarter to be below third quarter levels. The lower expected shipments in the fourth quarter are due to several factors including lower than expected sell-through in the third quarter and RIMs current view of fourth quarter demand. "

I'm considering the 9930 but am not rushing anything.
    12-02-11 02:27 PM
    I wouldn't hold my breath. But then again if retailers have them and can't sell them, they may do anything to get rid of them.
    12-02-11 05:45 PM
    VZW actually RAISED the price of the 9930 by $30...from $199 to $229 in their stores. Plus...the ONLY BB I've seen VZW advertise is the Curve. Think they're trying to tell us something?

If you attempt to get a new BB from VZW they will try and talk you out of it and into another platform.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-24-11 04:00 PM
    I thought it went up in price but I was not sure. I thought when I checked about a week ago, my price was $169 and yesterday it was $199. Interesting. I thought Rim was going to be running some "specials" to try getting more adoptees. Maybe Verizon is trying to do the opposite tactic - dissuade by higher pricing!
    12-25-11 01:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD