10-27-10 11:06 PM
36 12
tools
    see, thats why you stick with classics.. I've had no issues with my C2, never had issues with my C1, except for a tired roller ball which is easily replaced..
    The new OS release is a meh for me. I see no noticeable changes... at least yet. I am enjoying my new weatherbug upgrade, but past that, I still see nothing thrilling.
    Oh, and my bed side mode is working just fine. If it didnt I think I would be a bit torked too...
    10-26-10 06:44 AM
    I had a C1 on sprint, and when I got the C2 it gave issues.
    10-26-10 03:39 PM
    see, thats why you stick with classics.. I've had no issues with my C2, never had issues with my C1, except for a tired roller ball which is easily replaced..
    The new OS release is a meh for me. I see no noticeable changes... at least yet. I am enjoying my new weatherbug upgrade, but past that, I still see nothing thrilling.
    Oh, and my bed side mode is working just fine. If it didnt I think I would be a bit torked too...
    Stick with what classic? Curve2???? I don't get the point of your post. Curve had a whole host of issues: speaker blast, the trackball wake-up issue, I can't remember them all. Each new OS fixed one thing and broken a dozen others.
    Last edited by plkcable; 10-26-10 at 03:52 PM.
    10-26-10 03:43 PM
    I still say I haven't had any issues with my phone from day one. My track pad is great and my volume and apps are fine. Speeds are awsome too. You know as well as anyone PK that I have a tendancy to TRY to break my phone for the sake of fixing them. My C1 only had once or twice needed a trackball replacement but even now it works fine. I gave it to my daughter to act as an mp3 player/ movie player. I have done all of the OS updates via OTA and its been fine. I feel and hear all the issues that have been reported but I just haven't had any of the issues. I love my phone and will always recommend the Curve line as a reliable blackberry.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-27-10 05:43 PM
    9630/5.0.0.975= no 552 errors, no white screen tech error, no random music playing, no browser click issue...

Color me impressed. Sort of.

10-27-10 06:02 PM
    I finally put OS 6 on my bold and I Love it!!!! I even got a replacement and I put it on the replacement. Just 1 question if anybody can help me. How do I restore my memory. Before I had 317 mb now I'm down to 268. Any ideas. I only have 3 apps since I put os 6. On 5 I had 6 apps.

10-27-10 06:46 PM
    I finally put OS 6 on my bold and I Love it!!!! I even got a replacement and I put it on the replacement. Just 1 question if anybody can help me. How do I restore my memory. Before I had 317 mb now I'm down to 268. Any ideas. I only have 3 apps since I put os 6. On 5 I had 6 apps.

Did you shrink OS6 before you put it on your Bold? You probably have a lot of bloat on there that you don't need or want I would imagine. I always shrink the h=e=double hockey sticks outta any OS I put on my phone with BB Hybrid Tools...found here:
    BBHybrids Tool (Public Version) - Downloads - BBHybrids Forums
    10-27-10 08:08 PM
    Did you shrink OS6 before you put it on your Bold? You probably have a lot of bloat on there that you don't need or want I would imagine. I always shrink the h=e=double hockey sticks outta any OS I put on my phone with BB Hybrid Tools...found here:
    BBHybrids Tool (Public Version) - Downloads - BBHybrids Forums
    I didn't. is there a way i can get rid of all that bloat ware or just reinstall using BB Hybrid Tools?

10-27-10 08:25 PM
    I didn't. is there a way i can get rid of all that bloat ware or just reinstall using BB Hybrid Tools?

Well, I believe, if you know which cods are which (someone with knowledge of OS6 and what makes it up could tell you this) you could use a program for your PC called BBSAK or Blackberry Swiss Army Knife which allows you to plug your phone to your PC and have all the cods read. That is, all the files that make up your OS and the apps are listed and then you can selectively remove them one or two at a time. However, I believe you need to be a bit more adept at tinkering if you want to do it this way.

Now someone will have some more ideas here, I'm sure, so we will listen to them before doing anything crazy with your phone, ok? I don't want to steer you off course. However, if it were my phone; I'd bite the bullet, run Shrink and do the whole shebang over again and drop all the extra stuff. This, of course, means you will need to re-register your apps again and set up your phone again. But if gaining some memory is important, this is one choice.

The other choice is to do nothing and not worry about it. So maybe see what other s have to say and weigh their advice. Maybe I have just given you a few thing to investigate is all. I don't know. I hope I haven't muddied the waters.
    10-27-10 08:42 PM
    I have the same issue, my bedside mode does not work, but if you search on the forums there is a way to get it to work
    10-27-10 09:13 PM
    Thanks jaydee and ani. I will keep looking for now leave it as is. But will try a reinstall tomorrow. And maybe the bbsak thing first.

10-27-10 11:06 PM
36 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD