Nothin new on the horizon. It would seem Big Red has abandoned BlackBerry in favor of android. There is not even a new rumor.

I contemplated switching to ATT since they always get the better BlackBerry's but don't want to put up with network hassles.
    What do you all think? Will verizon have some sweet new BB's again?
    11-08-10 04:39 PM
    Nothin new on the horizon. It would seem Big Red has abandoned BlackBerry in favor of android. There is not even a new rumor.

I contemplated switching to ATT since they always get the better BlackBerry's but don't want to put up with network hassles.
    What do you all think? Will verizon have some sweet new BB's again?
    I just hang out...I like my 9330 so I'll just hang with my good 3G coverage. I had AT&T, and in my OWN experience and area, the coverage was horrible. 11 towers, 2 of them were 3G. The one right outside my door...Edge. So I rarely picked up 3G. Browsing on Edge BLOWS!
    11-08-10 05:39 PM
    there is plenty at VZW that is not blackberry that can tide you over and change the way you look at things
    11-08-10 06:47 PM
    there is plenty at VZW that is not blackberry that can tide you over and change the way you look at things
    Yep:

Hang out. I'm personally waiting for the S3. Thatll change the way I look at things.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-09-10 06:40 AM
    It would seem Big Red has abandoned BlackBerry in favor of android.
    Possibly because the sales volume is better????
    11-09-10 06:59 AM
    You have to decide. Are you going to stay with VZW or not? If you are and if you are going to stay with BB all you can do it wait and see if something shows up Q1 2011.

For me, I want to stay with BB. Q1 is not too far off so I'm going to wait to see if anything shows up. If no new BBs show up for VZW after Q1 I'm going to switch.
    11-09-10 09:06 AM
    Personally I welcome the shift of consumers away from Blackberries. They are obviously not going to pander to the tech crowd that wants bigger better brighter, they are just going to keep doing their thing for their market: BUSINESS

I've had so many customers rant about their $500 Blackberry that won't do this, won't do that. "I thought Blackberry was suppose to be the best". IT IS. Just not what you are trying to do.

Myself, I have a Droid 2 on the way, be here tomorrow. I love what a BB is good at but I want what a Droid is good at more. I wish the average person was educated enough to know the difference and not just expect RIM phones to be like iPhone.
    11-09-10 10:18 AM
    Personally I welcome the shift of consumers away from Blackberries. They are obviously not going to pander to the tech crowd that wants bigger better brighter, they are just going to keep doing their thing for their market: BUSINESS

I've had so many customers rant about their $500 Blackberry that won't do this, won't do that. "I thought Blackberry was suppose to be the best". IT IS. Just not what you are trying to do.

Myself, I have a Droid 2 on the way, be here tomorrow. I love what a BB is good at but I want what a Droid is good at more. I wish the average person was educated enough to know the difference and not just expect RIM phones to be like iPhone.
    Thank you for saying that. This is exactly the reason I have my S2 and not an iphone, it's a RIM device vs an Apple device.
    11-09-10 11:08 AM
    VZW hasn't abandoned BlackBerry. RIM just doesn't have anything to offer them right now and Android is easy for them because it's an OS used on devices from multiple manufacturers. RIM is in kind of an "in between" time right now with phasing out the old and getting ready for the new. I think we'll see some good things from RIM in the coming months.
    11-09-10 09:03 PM
    Better for me to hang with Verizon for now, since I'm not one who needs to switch to the newest phone every time one comes out, and the Bold does everything that I need it to do for now. The reliable service I get with Verizon is more important to me than getting a particular phone model and putting up with all kinds of signal and service issues.
    11-09-10 11:47 PM
    We've got several users wanting Torches and I don't want to switch their lines to our ATT account, so I'm telling them that we're hearing rumors that something new is coming for VZW. I sure wish it would come to them and T-Mo. Doing anything with ATT support takes at least twice as long as it does with VZW. I've been waiting 3 weeks for them to change a default setting that's keeping me from being able to order new lines. Multiple tickets created, never any found on the next call or they tag it for follow-up but just wait for me to call instead of actually following up. You'd think they would want me to be able to order...
    11-10-10 12:06 AM
    You have to decide. Are you going to stay with VZW or not? If you are and if you are going to stay with BB all you can do it wait and see if something shows up Q1 2011.

For me, I want to stay with BB. Q1 is not too far off so I'm going to wait to see if anything shows up. If no new BBs show up for VZW after Q1 I'm going to switch.
    This is what I'm planning on. I was able to upgrade at the beginning of last month but I figured with Christmas shopping and everything else that I would just wait and see what comes out after Christmas. My birthday is at the end of January anyway so if there is no BB out by the end of January, I may just get something else for myself as a birthday present.
    11-10-10 09:06 AM
    I'm feeling much the same way...I switched to a 9650 Bold from my 9550 just for a change of pace. I'm looking forward to the PlayBook, and hoping there will be another iteration of the Storm series sometime in the next year, or a Pearl 3G (which would be great because I love SureType). However, I follow the adage of not switching carriers for the sake of a phone...
    11-10-10 12:58 PM
    My next upgrade date rolls around in March. If BlackBerry doesn't have any new or exciting offerings on big red, I will most likely switch to the iPhone or an Android device. I'm sick of waiting and waiting and waiting.
    11-10-10 03:40 PM
    I like new phones and all , but Ill never leave Verizon for a phone, espeically not to go to ATT. Verizons network is too good. Theyll get new ones eventually.
    11-10-10 05:26 PM
    I didn't leave Verizon, I left BB. Even the Torch did not impress me.

I hope RIM steps up their game if they're planning to continue in the consumer market. I want to see significant BIS upgrades, and upgraded devices before I switch back though.

I think the lack of new BB models is partly RIM's fault and partly the carriers for not demanding cutting edge devices from them.
    11-10-10 08:47 PM
    I like new phones and all , but Ill never leave Verizon for a phone, espeically not to go to ATT. Verizons network is too good. Theyll get new ones eventually.
    Oh I'm not planning on leaving Verizon. I was talking about BlackBerry. If the next iteration of the Storm or the Storm replacement isn't out by my birthday then I'll probably get something else.
    11-11-10 02:41 PM
    I was talking to a rep last night and asked her if they were going to be getting the Torch because I have a lot of users wanting it and I'm trying to keep from switching them to our ATT account. She seemed very confident that they would be getting the Torch and soon. I sure hope she was telling the truth.
    11-12-10 01:39 PM
    I was talking to a rep last night and asked her if they were going to be getting the Torch because I have a lot of users wanting it and I'm trying to keep from switching them to our ATT account. She seemed very confident that they would be getting the Torch and soon. I sure hope she was telling the truth.
    I'm fairly certain Verizon won't be getting the Torch - at least not for a LONG while - for 2 reasons:

#1 - It's a GSM phone and won't work on Verizon's network, and there have been zero rumors of a CDMA version.
    #2 - AT&T paid part of the development cost of the Torch so it could be an exclusive for them. They didn't pay money to develop it only to have RIM turn around and give it to their biggest competitor, so I'm sure it's contractually obligated only to AT&T for some time.
    11-13-10 08:52 PM
    Where is the Pearl 3G arghhhh?
    11-15-10 08:10 AM
    Eventually is really wearing on me.
    11-16-10 05:31 AM
    I'm fairly certain Verizon won't be getting the Torch - at least not for a LONG while - for 2 reasons:

#1 - It's a GSM phone and won't work on Verizon's network, and there have been zero rumors of a CDMA version.
    #2 - AT&T paid part of the development cost of the Torch so it could be an exclusive for them. They didn't pay money to develop it only to have RIM turn around and give it to their biggest competitor, so I'm sure it's contractually obligated only to AT&T for some time.
    Like it would take a whole lotta ANYTHING to make it work CDMA? Switch out the necessary parts, give it a new name if there's any truth to the AT&T owns it legality jazz, change the look of it just enough to get away with not violating any copyright laws and freaking put it on the VZW market.

I no longer believe the AT&T ownership thing either. Not when I see the Torch coming out in GERMANY on T-MO. If T-MO can do it in Germany so can Verizon do it in the States. If AT&T only paid for PART of the development then they sure can't have total AT&T only dibbs on the phone. This T-MO/Germany thing pretty much tellsya that. At the very least, someone found a work-around for the AT&T owership thing.

Since rumors are just that - maybe no rumors on it means diddly squat either. I've had it up to my eyeballs with phone rumors and I'm freaking tired of VZW or RIM or whoever it is that's slowing down the BB release works. Tired of being promised things one month and it never happening, then promised the next month and never happening.

I was sticking up for RIM during the bad-mouthing they were getting a month or two ago but if theyr'e behind the slo-mo getting the Torch or Torch-like device to VZW they have managed to p-me off royally. I'm normally a pretty darn patient person but I'm about down to my last nerve on this topic and whoever is behind this waiting game crap is wearing on it.
    11-16-10 05:56 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD