01-31-10 03:40 PM
44 12
tools
    What a dissapointment...

Come on, who really thought there would be any kind of announcement?
    01-27-10 10:04 PM
    Why does ATT get all the good phones? Bold? Iphone? If it didn't have crappy coverage everyone would be with ATT. I'm on Verizon and I feel stuck with garbage phones. Droid? Eris? Palm Pre Plus? We get crappy Iphone wannabees and updated Tour this and Storm that. Total BS.
    Having an ipod touch which is basically an iPhone without the phone and a Moto Droid I gotta say I would much rather have the Droid. I guess peoples opinions vary but there is not one device on ATT that would make me want to switch. As a matter of fact my brother just came over to VZW from ATT so I guess people run the other direction as well.

I see nothing special about this iPad and don't understand the big deal. Not only is it starting at $499 but it is an ATT deal again. You can buy a laptop or a netbook for less and they will do at least as much and in a laptops case more.
    01-27-10 10:10 PM
    The only thing I saw from Verizon in the media today is the company is cutting 13,000 jobs in the landline sector this year, for obvious reasons.
    Landline != Wireless. I keep seeing new-hire classes over here.
    01-27-10 10:19 PM
    I will not leave Verizon for a phone. My brother LEFT AT&T because he couldn't tolerate the bad service anymore. He would had gladly upgraded to the iphone with them provided he had good coverage. He really liked that phone. But he came on board with Verizon and got the Tour. And he likes it a lot . Has been a learning curve for him because he isn't used to BB but he is very pleased with the service and his coverage. My sister-in-law has a dumbphone but she loves it too. So two more happy new customers that have left the AT&T lack of coverage.
    01-27-10 10:32 PM
    Once again, what is more important than a phone making phone calls, or receiving phone calls. If you cant do that majority of the time, and you sacrifice that for phone needs, you need to rethink your values.

Think of it this way:

What would you rather have when you are in an emergency, a phone that has coverage, or no coverage?

Its pretty cut and dry. Any other reason to get a phone outside of this, is just people selling themselves.
    Since you're offering false choices, I'll chose C) No emergency or D) A guardian angel looking out for me.

There are markets where people have a choice among wireless providers who offer solid coverage (a commodity) and what sets them apart to customers is handset selection (added value). If you change to another provider who meets your coverage needs and offers a handset that you prefer for whatever reason, other than the obvious strawman, why is this 'selling themselves' or some failure in values?
    Last edited by callmeox; 01-27-10 at 11:54 PM.
    01-27-10 11:51 PM
    Come on, who really thought there would be any kind of announcement?
    I wasn't holding my breath, but I sure was hoping!
    There was no pot of effin gold at the end of irainbow! FML.
    01-28-10 07:58 AM
    Since you're offering false choices, I'll chose C) No emergency or D) A guardian angel looking out for me.

There are markets where people have a choice among wireless providers who offer solid coverage (a commodity) and what sets them apart to customers is handset selection (added value). If you change to another provider who meets your coverage needs and offers a handset that you prefer for whatever reason, other than the obvious strawman, why is this 'selling themselves' or some failure in values?
    Or you could do what you are doing which is trying to put words in my mouth.

I dont feel like repeating this so please tell me where

"Anytime you leave a company for a phone is a stupid reason" is wrong.

If all things are equal, then I completely understand, but unfortunately they arent.

If Sprint is working in 99% of the places you are, then it is dumb to jump to vzw for a tour, same with AT&t customers who jump for an iphone.

There are at least 3 to 4 other legitimate reasons why you can jump ship, and a phone not be any of them.

Coverage, price, affordability, your work "forcing" you, they are all better than "Well this phone does something I like".

If the market is there where everything is on even keel, it is very slim, unfortunately wireless will never have 100% relaibility rate, that is just fact, all you have to worry about is yourself.

Once again, a phone is nice, and a phone is important, but to say it is the sole reason to jump carriers, its well, pretty silly.
    01-28-10 11:11 AM
    Why is it that everybody who has VZW was excepting that they would get the I-Phone?? VZW is to restrictive and Apple wants control! Just a heads up.. I have had Sprnt, T-mobile , Verizon and AT&T and I have had better luck with AT&T then with others.... Thats just me though. If you want the I-Phone go get it, I have the I-Phone and have had zero problems with it.
    01-28-10 02:36 PM
    Bold and Iphone. Nuff said.
    01-28-10 02:56 PM
    The 2 companies will never work together. if you understand how each company operates you will understand the reasons why you will not see Apple in Verizons lineup. And for those hoping for an Apple at LTE rollout, won't happen. Neither company will budge on how they operate. Someone here said the two were talking and Verizon said they would love to have Apple, sure they would but Apple will not bow down to Verizon and vice versa. Bottom line is your Apple and Verizon hopes are futile. You'll never see it happen.
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

01-29-10 07:52 PM
    Or you could do what you are doing which is trying to put words in my mouth.

I dont feel like repeating this so please tell me where

"Anytime you leave a company for a phone is a stupid reason" is wrong.
    I can't tell you that it is wrong since it is obviously your opinion and not a statement of fact. Even the craziest assertions, when framed as an opinion, can not be "wrong".
    01-30-10 09:25 AM
    Tons of people choose their carrier based on the devices. To assert otherwise is foolish. People leave based on devices. Look at the iphone. People chose ATT strictly for that reason. To call those millions of users 'wrong' is ignorant. A phone is much more than strictly a phone these days. At it's core, sure it's a phone. But it is now a mobile office, computer, camera, and video device, etc.
    01-30-10 10:17 AM
    Tons of people choose their carrier based on the devices. To assert otherwise is foolish. People leave based on devices. Look at the iphone. People chose ATT strictly for that reason. To call those millions of users 'wrong' is ignorant. A phone is much more than strictly a phone these days. At it's core, sure it's a phone. But it is now a mobile office, computer, camera, and video device, etc.
    Once again, this would be true, if there were only one type of "phone" out there.

Now, phones have to do more with operating system than anything else. If you want google, there are 3, soon 4 different carriers to use, BB, there are 4, wm is on all 4, and apple is the only one on 1.

The question then comes to, what does an iphone give you that NO other phone out there does....and the answer is very rarely anything that you will actually have a hard time not finding without a little reasearch.

Leaving a company or being with another one because of a phone is just not a sound reasoning. Look at how many people are clamoring for the iphone to be on vzw, because at the end of the day, it is all about the service. If it wasnt then that majority that left for the iphone, wouldnt be up in arms that their service is subpar
    01-30-10 03:56 PM
    Why does ATT get all the good phones? Bold? Iphone? If it didn't have crappy coverage everyone would be with ATT. I'm on Verizon and I feel stuck with garbage phones. Droid? Eris? Palm Pre Plus? We get crappy Iphone wannabees and updated Tour this and Storm that. Total BS.
    Bold and Iphone. Nuff said.

Really?...

I think it would be safer to say that if Verizon had the iPhone, "everyone would be with Verizon."

The iPhone is really the only device that I'm sure Veirzon wishes they had...

I'd suggest you not use the Bold as an example of a must have device when trying to make a legitimate argument about Verizon not having good phones. You complain about "updated Tour this and Storm that," but the Bold 9700 is just an updated Bold... The same way the Storm2 and upcoming Tour2 are updated versions of their predecessors...

On top of that, I really don't know why you would use the Bold as an argument in the first place. It really doesn't do anything the Storm2 doesn't, or really any other BlackBerry that's come out in the past three years...

On top of this... How many Android or webOS devices does AT&T currently carry?

I'll admit that I would like to see the iPhone on Verizon, but to say Verizon has garbage phones because they don't yet have the iPhone or Bold is ridiculous and borderline ignorant...

As far as Verizon not being mentioned in the iPad announcement, I guess I was as surprised as anyone, though the iPad really didn't blow my mind...

I'm hoping that if Verizon gets an iPhone, that it'll be announced at a later time, as I can see Verizon and or Apple not wanting to have one major announcement outshine the other... But right now its just wishful thinking.

The 2 companies will never work together. if you understand how each company operates you will understand the reasons why you will not see Apple in Verizons lineup. And for those hoping for an Apple at LTE rollout, won't happen. Neither company will budge on how they operate. Someone here said the two were talking and Verizon said they would love to have Apple, sure they would but Apple will not bow down to Verizon and vice versa. Bottom line is your Apple and Verizon hopes are futile. You'll never see it happen.
    You could have said the same thing about Verizon and Google before they announced their partnership....
    Last edited by R.O.C.; 01-31-10 at 04:25 AM.
    01-31-10 04:23 AM
    Once again, this would be true, if there were only one type of "phone" out there.

Now, phones have to do more with operating system than anything else. If you want google, there are 3, soon 4 different carriers to use, BB, there are 4, wm is on all 4, and apple is the only one on 1.

The question then comes to, what does an iphone give you that NO other phone out there does....and the answer is very rarely anything that you will actually have a hard time not finding without a little reasearch.

Leaving a company or being with another one because of a phone is just not a sound reasoning. Look at how many people are clamoring for the iphone to be on vzw, because at the end of the day, it is all about the service. If it wasnt then that majority that left for the iphone, wouldnt be up in arms that their service is subpar

I must be an exception, as the iphone offers apps and programs related to my profession that other phones don't. The BB gets close (which is why I run a tour), and the droid MAY get to the point that it covers the apps I would use, but who knows if and when..

I'd love to have another iphone...but will not go to ATT.. Tried twice already when the 3g and then the 3gs came out..lasted about 2 weeks both times before I returned them..

the fact that I can plug an iphone into my car radio and navigate the ipod functions from the factory deck is nice, coupled with a streamlined bluetooth interface that will take over when a call comes in.. the apps related to my profession are on an iphone only. some webpages that i need access to will open fine on an iphone, but are painful to try and navigate from my BB...

but being that verizon cant figure out why a portion of my incoming calls intermittently go straight to vmail...might be forced to jump ship.
    01-31-10 11:36 AM

Thank goodness for Google and the android OS.
    01-31-10 12:01 PM
    the fact that I can plug an iphone into my car radio and navigate the ipod functions from the factory deck is nice, coupled with a streamlined bluetooth interface that will take over when a call comes in.. the apps related to my profession are on an iphone only. some webpages that i need access to will open fine on an iphone, but are painful to try and navigate from my BB...

but being that verizon cant figure out why a portion of my incoming calls intermittently go straight to vmail...might be forced to jump ship.
    Well I can do that with my Droid; as my BB Storm when I had it. Heck if I had a radio that had BT I could just run my phone's music through it.
    Hey trust me people keep touting the iphone the Droid OS is the business.
    My Droid is the $ h!t. Also if rumors are correct wait til Nexus1/Passion comes.

Also the big deal about the ipad even the Apple fanbois aren't really that excited. Hey just go an buy an Acer laptop for half the money and if u want it that bad get a mi-fi from Vdub. Quit drinking the kool-aid people.
    01-31-10 12:07 PM
    Well I can do that with my Droid; as my BB Storm when I had it. Heck if I had a radio that had BT I could just run my phone's music through it.
    Hey trust me people keep touting the iphone the Droid OS is the business.
    My Droid is the $ h!t. Also if rumors are correct wait til Nexus1/Passion comes.
    you can plug your droid, or your storm, into a plug in the car, and not only charge it, but get the artist information, playlist etc on your factory radio? I wasnt aware that their were adapters available, other than your run of the mill 3.5mm aux input jack..

and I dont like music over BT personally.
    01-31-10 01:59 PM
    you can plug your droid, or your storm, into a plug in the car, and not only charge it, but get the artist information, playlist etc on your factory radio? I wasnt aware that their were adapters available, other than your run of the mill 3.5mm aux input jack..

and I dont like music over BT personally.
    I have an 03 honda civ my radio is stock. But I use an adapter to run my music from my phone thru my car stereo. In order to find that out I would have to upgrade to a newer system. Music over bt is excellent. I have a portable bt speaker for that as well as a bt headset.
    But I have run my S1 and I run my droid thru my stereo. Maybe someone else can vouch for the other stuff.
    01-31-10 03:40 PM
44 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD