01-31-10 03:40 PM
44 12
tools
    Apparently Verizon was/is timing something to happen simultaneously with Apple's announcement (Verizon timing a "kick off" with Apple's event | Electronista), but Apple's event seems to have ended with no mention of Verizon whatsoever.

Any thoughts? It appears that Verizon is not Apple's partner with the iPad... which leaves only a CDMA iPhone as the reason for Verizon's connection to today's Apple announcement?

Or were the reports about Verizon making an announcement simultaneously with Apple simply false?
    01-27-10 01:43 PM
    Probably false. Why not ride Apple's coat tails on the day of the "big" announcement?
    01-27-10 01:52 PM
    +1 -- also the iPad with 3G uses AT&T as wireless provider.
    01-27-10 02:18 PM
    What a dissapointment...
    01-27-10 02:34 PM
    Did you really think would vzw would join forces with IScrew you
    01-27-10 02:40 PM
    Why does ATT get all the good phones? Bold? Iphone? If it didn't have crappy coverage everyone would be with ATT. I'm on Verizon and I feel stuck with garbage phones. Droid? Eris? Palm Pre Plus? We get crappy Iphone wannabees and updated Tour this and Storm that. Total BS.
    01-27-10 02:41 PM
    i just think it's funny that for the last year VZW folks were thinking the iphone or anything with apple was gonna go with VZW. It's not gonna happen... not ever... maybe LATER after LTE comes out... but now? no.
    01-27-10 02:55 PM
    Why does ATT get all the good phones? Bold? Iphone? If it didn't have crappy coverage everyone would be with ATT. I'm on Verizon and I feel stuck with garbage phones. Droid? Eris? Palm Pre Plus? We get crappy Iphone wannabees and updated Tour this and Storm that. Total BS.
    Ending 4th quarter with over 90 million customers, I would have to disagree.
    01-27-10 02:59 PM
    Ending 4th quarter with over 90 million customers, I would have to disagree.

Not questioning that. If there was one McDonalds in a city of 300 million, that McDonalds would get alot of customers too. Point is we're on Verizon for the coverage. Most everyone would jump ship if ATT was as good at coverage. You go where you get signals and that's verizon. A testament to service, not necessarily phone choice.
    01-27-10 03:03 PM
    Not questioning that. If there was one McDonalds in a city of 300 million, that McDonalds would get alot of customers too. Point is we're on Verizon for the coverage. Most everyone would jump ship if ATT was as good at coverage. You go where you get signals and that's verizon. A testament to service, not necessarily phone choice.
    But that is your opinion, not fact. You are one of the 90 million+. So I doubt everyone else shares your view.
    01-27-10 03:08 PM
    I wasnt surprised, I would have been shocked if they would have announced the iPhone for Verizon, as they are still under a contract with AT&T. As the contract end date gets closer that is when you may start hearing more about this.
    01-27-10 03:24 PM
    ..... Most everyone would jump ship if ATT was as good at coverage....
    Not true cause if AT&T had as good as coverage then their prices would likely be equal to what Verizon's are now. You have to pay for those towers you know...
    01-27-10 03:45 PM
    Any person who leaves a company strictly for a phone, needs their head checked.

Its a phone, no matter what people make it out to be, it is supposed to make calls and receive calls, if it doesnt do that, then it is worthless.

If you cant find a phone you like on the carrier you have the best coverage with, then you arent looking hard enough, period.
    01-27-10 04:39 PM
    Yeah I'm happy with my phone and the coverage. I really like the 9700 but to leave a carrier for a phone isn't worth it for me

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-27-10 04:43 PM

Its a phone, no matter what people make it out to be, it is supposed to make calls and receive calls, if it doesnt do that, then it is worthless.

If you cant find a phone you like on the carrier you have the best coverage with, then you arent looking hard enough, period.
    I couldn't agree with you more. Would I enjoy trying an iPhone out? Yes. Do I want service that actually works? Yes. In that case I will stay with Verizon.
    01-27-10 04:51 PM
    iPhones are cool, but I would never go back to AT&T. If I really, really feel like I need that, I'll get an iTouch.
    01-27-10 05:20 PM

You're assuming that every area in the US has a dominant provider when it comes to a coverage and that everyone has the same needs when it comes to handsets. That is just not true.

Many have a choice, so why would they need to have their head checked?

But that is your opinion, not fact. You are one of the 90 million+. So I doubt everyone else shares your view.
    Some of the 90 million (like me) were acquired and didn't intend on being Verizon customers. I actually selected away from VZW years ago, but here I am with a contract for another 10 months. I will enjoy the choice that my free agent period will give me.
    01-27-10 05:34 PM
    The only thing I saw from Verizon in the media today is the company is cutting 13,000 jobs in the landline sector this year, for obvious reasons.
    That sucks hopefully they will be absorbed in other areas of the company.
    Anyhow I was wondering wether or not someone was going to start a thread
    on this. But hey I did notice something interesting S Jobs said people hopefully will find this more desireable than a smartphone. Well can u imagine carrying one of those around. Also we may see an Apple Pad come to VZ when LTE comes out but not just yet. Also don't count out Google I would imagine they want soem of this pc market as well. Can u say Chrome?
    The Google OS ain't that bad boyz n gurlz. I like no love my Droid.......
    Ok like strongly hows that.........................................
    01-27-10 05:56 PM
    How is the Droid garbage? There is little that phone can't do. Since ATT and T-Mobile are GSM and most manufacturers make GSM phones.

If you want to become part of the fruity San Francisco "I have an app for that" club then just get an iPod Touch. Same difference.
    01-27-10 06:41 PM
    Ipad + Verizon mifi or Sprint 4G mifi=workaround with lots of flexibility

01-27-10 07:55 PM
    You're assuming that every area in the US has a dominant provider when it comes to a coverage and that everyone has the same needs when it comes to handsets. That is just not true.

Many have a choice, so why would they need to have their head checked?

Some of the 90 million (like me) were acquired and didn't intend on being Verizon customers. I actually selected away from VZW years ago, but here I am with a contract for another 10 months. I will enjoy the choice that my free agent period will give me.
    Once again, what is more important than a phone making phone calls, or receiving phone calls. If you cant do that majority of the time, and you sacrifice that for phone needs, you need to rethink your values.

Think of it this way:

What would you rather have when you are in an emergency, a phone that has coverage, or no coverage?

Its pretty cut and dry. Any other reason to get a phone outside of this, is just people selling themselves.
    01-27-10 08:00 PM
    Maybe it's just me...but I feel that Apple is shooting themselves in the foot by AGAIN partnering with AT&T. Obviously Apple didn't learn from the mistake with the iPhone. They've had nothing but issues with the so-called "fastest" 3G network...calls dropped, severe network congestion...you name it. So now they bring out the iPad...and AGAIN tie it to AT&T's network. What does Apple HONESTLY think is going to happen NOW?
    01-27-10 08:47 PM
    How is the Droid garbage? There is little that phone can't do. Since ATT and T-Mobile are GSM and most manufacturers make GSM phones.

If you want to become part of the fruity San Francisco "I have an app for that" club then just get an iPod Touch. Same difference.
    I agree and it can do lots more than the iphone.....................
    Lots
    01-27-10 10:00 PM
    Apple's iPad event: What we didn't get : Ben Patterson : Yahoo! Tech

Does this thing even have a web cam. Heck at least the net books on VZ have one
    01-27-10 10:02 PM
    Actually what you say is total BS. Tell me what makes VZW's phones garbage?

It's people like you that have no clue whatsoever.
    01-27-10 10:03 PM
44 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD