09-04-08 07:38 PM
49 12
tools
    isnt google maps the workaround on verizon?
    08-29-08 03:58 PM
    ^ yes it is
    08-29-08 04:01 PM
    Your going to a Verizon direct store and not some retailer right?
    08-29-08 05:12 PM
    BigC, did you say Sprint is $100 cheaper? That'd pay the etf in no time. I'm a TMo person and I really like them, but the sprint Simply plan seems to good to pass up for someone in your position. If you can get a good deal from Verizon, then I would wait for the store idi*t to pull his baloney and dial CS right there in the store. If they don't come through, then walk.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-29-08 07:00 PM
    Do this poilitely, by the way, and make sure you let him know you'd really like to stay with Verizon but you need his help.
    This can not be overstated enough!. No one wants to be yelled at and everyone has their pride. The only way to win this kind of argument is by letting them win. In other words, he'll think he won if he feels he saved an account, or he'll think he won if he out argues you. But many salespeople/managers don't want the customer to think that they got won over on them.
    08-29-08 07:26 PM
    Well I've had Verizon for over 6 years now. I have two accounts, one I use for work and one I use for personal. I have 5 lines on my personal account and my total monthly bill is around $300. I have never had Verizon not do what they said they would and overall I've been happy with them. The $149 charge for the upgrade is because there's a $50 discount for online orders. Submit your request through the Verizon web site and get it all in writing, that way you have proof of what you were committed too. As for the fees for early termination, I don't think you have a leg to stand on.

Good luck,
    Blueraven
    08-29-08 07:59 PM
    I've never had any problems with them either. My dad has been with them for 10+ years and we have 3 high paying lines. When I had problems with my env (randomly shutting off) he called them and told them about it. They wouldn't do anything in the store because I couldn't 'show' them when it turned off ---it was at random! So, he told them, and they had no problem pushing my upgrade a whole year. I bought the Voyager, but then I bought a Pearl on eBay and sold my Voyager. Best decision ever.
    08-29-08 08:16 PM
    Make sure you are going to a corporate verizon store. I have noticed that they always do a lot better than the dealers with customer service. I got my bb yesterday though a verizon corporate store. I had purchased the env-2 about two weeks ago and decided I wanted a bb instead. I was still within my 30 days and they hooked it up no questions asked.
    08-29-08 08:38 PM
    Sprint will create their own set of headaches, but one thing I can say about them is that they always have taken care of my problems. Sprint TV is awesome, and NFL Mobile is coming soon.
    08-29-08 08:54 PM
    so heres update:
    I walk in the store level headed and playin it cool. asked for the manager ans explained the situation to him. he was very understanding ad polite so i stayed the same. he called his district manager to see what he can do. the district manager would only allow the store manager to charge me for the retail price of 169.99. i ploitely declined and thanked him for his time. i leave the store and jump on the phone with cs and lost my mind with the poor guy that answered the call explaining the situation. he stayed cool and started to read a weeks worth of documentation on his computer about how i have been getting jerked around. he stepped up to bat and made good on the original offer right away. free 8330, free activation, no money out of pocket what so ever. he was very appologetic and got his manager instant approval while never even putting me on hold. the phone is being shipped out 2 day priority mail and he is going to call me to set it up on thursday. he even gave me his name number and extenion as a garauntee along with a n approved order number. sssooooooo, hopefully this is it and my baby comes on thursday. if for some reason this does not go down as it is supposed to, verizon will get the ax that day. so basically its curve or outski...lol thanks for all the help and replies from all of you. hopefully this works out. i will keep you guys updated on how things go. ed
    08-30-08 01:55 PM
    so heres update:
    I walk in the store level headed and playin it cool. asked for the manager ans explained the situation to him. he was very understanding ad polite so i stayed the same. he called his district manager to see what he can do. the district manager would only allow the store manager to charge me for the retail price of 169.99. i ploitely declined and thanked him for his time. i leave the store and jump on the phone with cs and lost my mind with the poor guy that answered the call explaining the situation. he stayed cool and started to read a weeks worth of documentation on his computer about how i have been getting jerked around. he stepped up to bat and made good on the original offer right away. free 8330, free activation, no money out of pocket what so ever. he was very appologetic and got his manager instant approval while never even putting me on hold. the phone is being shipped out 2 day priority mail and he is going to call me to set it up on thursday. he even gave me his name number and extenion as a garauntee along with a n approved order number. sssooooooo, hopefully this is it and my baby comes on thursday. if for some reason this does not go down as it is supposed to, verizon will get the ax that day. so basically its curve or outski...lol thanks for all the help and replies from all of you. hopefully this works out. i will keep you guys updated on how things go. ed
    Good work, glad it worked out for you, the one other thing i'd do while you have an intelligent contact, is get him to put you on the VIP program, from everything you've said, you more than qualify. This'll make the bold alot easier to get when it comes out on vzw in a year.
    08-30-08 02:07 PM
    After you get your curve and stuff, you might stroll into the store, get the district manager's name, while making sure the manager knows the phone people took care of you, then go home and write a letter to the company president. Make sure to include the names of every one who jerked you around. Corporate big shots do not like to hear these things from customers. The manager will be doing some splaining, I guarantee you.

Just in case you don't have it, here's his name and address:

Ivan G. Seidenberg
    140 West St
    New York, NY 10007
    (212)-395-1000

While looking this info up, I read some comments Ivan made about service and customers. I know many like Verizon and I wouldn't try to talk anyone out of going with them, but the guy doesn't seem to have a very high opinion of us little people,

Last edited by exelant; 08-30-08 at 02:30 PM.
    08-30-08 02:10 PM
    Good work, glad it worked out for you, the one other thing i'd do while you have an intelligent contact, is get him to put you on the VIP program, from everything you've said, you more than qualify. This'll make the bold alot easier to get when it comes out on vzw in a year.
    i forgot to mention, i am on a vip account with 3 lines and a corportate account with 15 lines.
    08-30-08 02:34 PM
    i forgot to mention, i am on a vip account with 3 lines and a corportate account with 15 lines.
    Damn, You are BigCoin...
    guess we'll be getting new Bolds in a year, huh?
    08-30-08 03:01 PM
    Damn, You are BigCoin...
    lol... let me get this curve 1st. then i will worry about the bold...lmao
    08-30-08 03:10 PM
    I switched out my phones no prblem at all with vzw, they canceled my order once I complained and boom here is the Curve whooo.

08-30-08 03:49 PM
    Damn, You are BigCoin...
    well the corporate lines are all for work (management) the other 3 are for me, the mrs. and the little one. as you can imagine my bigcoin on the three alone vanish fairly quickly...lol...i should just deposit a portion of my paycheck to verizon wireless....lol
    09-01-08 09:20 AM
    I have 4 lines and been a customer for 9 plus years paying almost $200 a month and I have never heard of this VIP program. Should I just call and ask to be added into VZW's VIP program?

09-01-08 09:36 AM
    You have to have a plan of 79.99 or higher to get the VIP Plan. But I haven't been successful on upgrading my phone a day sooner than my one year. Has anyone been successful without paying full price?

09-01-08 09:57 AM
    I've managed to do it within a few weeks of the anniversary.
    I never had to ask to be a VIP....I got something in the mail a while back that I was a member. I have 5 lines and my monthly bill is roughly $250.
    09-01-08 10:03 AM
    I got mine in the mail a few weeks ago as well. I've got two lines and an employer discount. We'vbeen with Verizon for about six years since we switched from US Cellular.

09-01-08 10:47 AM
    update:

its here. activated and working perfect. i got the phone today and it is set up and ready to go. now i am officially a part of the crackberry family. i would like to add that even though i had a very difficult time with this upgrade, verizon did come through and honored their original offer and did the right thing for me. thank you verizon and thank you my new crackberry family for your help and support during the upgrade challenge. i love this phone so far. i got a 8 mb sd card for it and a holder so far. now i need to go learn how to use this thing. thanks again all. ed
    09-04-08 06:36 PM
    Whatever help you need, you have come to the right place. I'm glad Verizon finally helped you. I've never had a problem with CS but I have had plenty of problems in store. I could tell you horror stories about my local store. I only go there if absolutely necessary. On the other hand, CS on the phone is excellent.
    09-04-08 07:24 PM
    update:

its here. activated and working perfect. i got the phone today and it is set up and ready to go. now i am officially a part of the crackberry family. i would like to add that even though i had a very difficult time with this upgrade, verizon did come through and honored their original offer and did the right thing for me. thank you verizon and thank you my new crackberry family for your help and support during the upgrade challenge. i love this phone so far. i got a 8 mb sd card for it and a holder so far. now i need to go learn how to use this thing. thanks again all. ed
    Glad it finally worked out for you.
    I'd look into a screen protector too..
    Welcome to the family....
    09-04-08 07:38 PM
49 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD