10-02-09 04:59 PM
39 12
tools
    right, i much rather pay a one time fee of $30 than a monthly charge of $15, ill say that..

anyway, if he just needed it for a little bit, pdanet has a 30 day trial period.
    username = Irony

All those "free" 3rd party apps are going to get you huge bills and then you will be creating threads about how to get credits for breaching your contract.

Look back a few months at the college kid who racked up a $3600 bill because he was using tehterberry.

We all know that was Twins causing trouble!
    10-02-09 03:31 PM
    I would much rather not pay the extra 150 a year (minimum) and use it occasionally. Not saying I use it or don't use it. But there's no way they will suck 15, much less 30 a month from me for something that I would have used anyway. And I bet flaming people on the net makes you feel better huh? Biiiig man.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-02-09 04:05 PM
    I would much rather not pay the extra 150 a year (minimum) and use it occasionally. Not saying I use it or don't use it. But there's no way they will suck 15, much less 30 a month from me for something that I would have used anyway. And I bet flaming people on the net makes you feel better huh? Biiiig man.

again... username = Irony

You arent getting the point of what half of the people that posted in this thread are saying. Using those 3rd party things are a breach of contract. That means that when you are caught basically stealing data from Verizon you will be billed. THAT means that instead of paying the 180 or the 360(depending on your data package) you will be billed similiar to what some people have posted on here which was 2,500 dollars or more. Now im no mathmatician but 180.00 is less than 2,500.00 im pretty sure. Not to mention that the speeds using those sketchy applications are no where near the speeds of the official tethering feature offered from VZW.

So to wrap this up, when you use that crap you will most likely get caught and be billed a TON more than you would have paid and it wont be credited back to you for agreeing to add the feature.
    10-02-09 04:12 PM
    Yeah the minimum for it would be 15 a month x 12 months in a year = 180...
    I agree itsthemusic
    Username=Irony

Or you could do what you are saying get caught, be charged for the data and an etf... hmmm... I wonder if its better to get my oil changed for 20 bucks every 3 months or wait till my engine blows and fix that for 2 grand...
    10-02-09 04:15 PM
    Right, I know how to do math? If you noticed...I said the app was $30....now lets do a math session really quick....

_____
    $150...WOW!
    10-02-09 04:18 PM
    WTF app is 30$???
    You can tether through vzam for free...
    Username=Ironic
    10-02-09 04:21 PM
    riiiiiight, not sure what universe your in. Well im done arguing with you. Time to do something useful.
    10-02-09 04:26 PM
    We all know that was Twins causing trouble!
    You really need to stop listening to that Vet guy - let's see here - I am supposedly Dogs, blue_and_bold, RicanMedic, sjsjr, MrButthead, JoeyMoose, and every new user who has registered here in the past six months.

I am so confused now. For all I know, tomorrow I might be itsthemusic.
    Last edited by TwinsX2Dad; 10-02-09 at 04:31 PM.
    10-02-09 04:28 PM
    pffffft I am the Walrus?
    10-02-09 04:29 PM
    pffffft I am the Walrus?
    Or Waldo. Where is he, anyway?
    10-02-09 04:32 PM
    Right, I know how to do math? If you noticed...I said the app was $30....now lets do a math session really quick....

_____
    $150...WOW!
    True. $180-$30 is in fact $150. Which is still less than $2500+ (Last time I checked atleast.......)which you will be hit for when VZW catches it.
    10-02-09 04:39 PM
    Okay if u barley use the tethered feature and just surf no downloads they will not catch you!!!!! If you use it everyday and are downloading gigs of info they will catch you and they will bill you by the megabyte!! You do not need a thrid party app in case no one has noticed there's a standard modem on com 6 placed onto your pc when you install desktop manager. A custom config script and the login to vzw is all that's required and that info is found in many many threads. Like everyone else says here though if you are planning on using the **** out of it pay the 30 a month. If you only need it occasionally or in an emergency (cable or dsl down). Then go ahead I have used it with no problems!!

10-02-09 04:40 PM
    Moral of the story is you never get ahead cheating. But like I said if your smart about it you can slip through the cracks.

10-02-09 04:41 PM
    Okay if u barley use the tethered feature and just surf no downloads they will not catch you!!!!! If you use it everyday and are downloading gigs of info they will catch you and they will bill you by the megabyte!!
    Or if you grab content unavailable to BlackBerry, like flash, or have Windows/Mac/Linux-specific functions/apps running on a BlackBerry line, they can catch you.
    10-02-09 04:59 PM
39 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD