Nah- as is obvious, I enjoy pissing off (and on) the bozos. And someone who thinks he owns a thread where he asked a way to steal is definitely a bozo.

Enjoy your popcorn.
    You're calling people Bozos while posting multiple times to a thread like this in the space of a few hours? Admit it, it's keeping you awake at night.

03-23-09 08:18 PM
    You're calling people Bozos while posting multiple times to a thread like this in the space of a few hours? Admit it, it's keeping you awake at night.
    Not keeping me awake at night. I sleep quite well, thank you.

I have taken this thread off of my subscribed list (I hate the auto subscribe - just never turned it off).

I can post as much as I do because they won't let me go to work and I have to deal with what little they will allow me to do by phone and/or computer.

The OP is a worthless sack who will never amount to anything until he grows up & learns to make some sense.

In the meantime, I'll know that my way is so out of touch that it allows me to have more in one car than his residence is worth and even though I am not working at the moment, I still have a full paycheck coming in. I get to pay cash for my personal cars while Bozo has to sweat paying a little extra for tethering.

So you can judge who is doing alright and who isn't.

As for the poster claiming what the TOS says compared to what VZW enforces, there is a difference between streaming video/audio in the TOS and Slacker/Pandora/YouTube. Any beginning Internet class will tell you there is a huge difference. The TOS is covering high-bandwidth applications and not phone based ones. And before anyone argues that point, VZW and AT&T will both shut down your service for watching or streaming torrent files (or tethering), but has no prohibition for techs helping people figure out BlackBerry settings to allow Slacker or iHeartRadio. They even advertise that you can watch YouTube videos from your BlackBerry.

All of this argument as to what the TOS means and the various dopes thinking they can get away with beating the system coming mostly from those who make less than $20/hour and who don't understand the difference between GPS chip types, nor understand the difference between AMPS/TDMA-GSM/CDMA/iDEN/UMTS. But oh yes, they know more than those of us who've worked in the industry for 20+ years, who actually have accomplished more than working in a convenience store/fastfood/department store.

Then there are the kidiots who live @ home with mom & dad & think they have a right to a BlackBerry.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-23-09 09:10 PM
    I apologize,

I didn't acknowledge how knowing the difference between GPS chip types and AMPS/TDMA-GSM/CDMA/iDEN/UMTS, make one an expert at interpreting contracts and legal agreements. I guess I should have taken that Beginners Internet course also.

The TOS is a legal agreement. Law is practiced without passion nor prejudice(both of which have been exhibited in this thread).

Bottom line, yes you can tether, and yes you are breaching your TOS. If anyone gets shut down, please let us know. That will put an end to this endless, yet entertaining debate.

I want to start a debate that is more relevant, can Batman beat Spiderman. We know at least one of them tethers.
    03-23-09 10:37 PM
    Dammit, I didn't realize he unsubscribed form this thread, I guess my apology will never be heard.
    03-23-09 10:42 PM

In the meantime, I'll know that my way is so out of touch that it allows me to have more in one car than his residence is worth and even though I am not working at the moment, I still have a full paycheck coming in. I get to pay cash for my personal cars while Bozo has to sweat paying a little extra for tethering.
    Hahaha I love how you assume.

Remember, when you assume, you make an *** out of you and well.... just you.

I am a single 35 year old male with no kids.
    I live in a 3k+ sq ft house (not counting the garage)
    I have a truck a car and 3 motorcycles all in my name all paid off except the car which I owe a mere $165 on.
    The house has a pool,an indoor hot tub, and a Brunswick pool table in the completely furnished basement. So yeah, I am sure you have a lot more then me. (If you want to call schinanigans, let me know how you want me to take the pics to prove it)

I work during the week and ride the best roads in the world during the weekends.

If you ever want to come to Western NC, let me know, I will put you up as I do have the extra room.

Oh, BTW, my girlfriend is a trapeze artist (very flexible) so my sex life is grand too. (legal assistant during the day)

Basically, my life is grand.

You see, this whole time you assumed I am an uneducated young kid.
    Well truth be told, I am a college educated, 35 year old male. Not to mention, I actually make money. I never said I can not afford paying the $30 VZW wants to charge me, I said I don't want to pay it and do not think it is fair as I pay for unlimited data and come no where near what they allow on a soft cap.

Making money and being willing to give it all away to major corporations is 2 different things.

Maybe me understanding that is why I am sure it is obviously that I probably
    have more then you at a lot younger age then you.

BTW, I also work for myself, and have all the time I want off when I want it off.

Basically, even with the economy the way it is, I do ok for myself.

Like I said, I can take all the pics you want with whatever you want in the pic to prove I took it. So please call BS, please, please, please.
    Last edited by d6racer; 03-24-09 at 02:56 AM.
    03-24-09 02:47 AM
    Sh!t, I will save you the embarrassment of asking me. (mostly since I will be leaving town tomorrow and won't be back for about a week)

Some are bad pics sorry, but taken with the BB and I am a little drunk.

The dogs I did not mention (just cause I love them)

Brunswick pool table

Indoor hot tub with blurred out dog in the pic

Outdoor pool (can't afford an indoor pool because my life sucks )

Those pics I just took with the BB but there is a piece of paper with D6racer written on it in them.

These pics were already taken prior to this so there is no proof.....oh well, you will have to take my word on them.

The bike is my daytona 600 street fighter (hence d6racer) and the f150 is also mine.

The bike actually has more custom work in it now then it did in the pic but I guess you just have to take my word for it.

My race bike (yeah, I actually race hence the tag racer at the end of my sn)

And let us not forget my completely street legal race rep that I use to **** off the old farts in the neighborhood like you.

Oh, and last but not least, the trapeze artist girlfriend.

Yeah, she is actually my gf.

So yeah, my life does suck and I hope one day I can be as cool as you and own as much stuff as you.

BTW, I am the kid you hated in school.
    You know the one you wanted to be like but couldn't.

(And yes, I actually did work for everything I own and was handed nothing including my college education which I paid for myself)
    Last edited by d6racer; 03-24-09 at 03:36 AM.
    03-24-09 03:15 AM
    Oh, you know what else will **** you off?

I am actually in really good shape.
    11-12% body fat and work out regularly.
    High IQ and made honor roll.

And best of all, I am boning your wife.

So.....

Now, if you want to have a challenge of wits, you will lose.
    If you want to have a challenge of possessions, you will will probably loose there too.
    A challenge of physical fitness, I can most guarantee you will lose.
    A challenge of significant others, you will definitely lose.

Basically, compared to me you have been riding the

Last edited by d6racer; 03-24-09 at 03:43 AM.
    03-24-09 03:33 AM
    Its interesting how hard you work to seek the approval of people whose opinions you claim you don't care about.

Oh, congratulations on the pile of stuff you own. I'm sure it accurately represents your social status to your peers.

03-24-09 10:22 AM
    When did this turn from a discussion on tethering to a D**** measuring contest? I want proof that those aren't pictures of someone else's stuff!
    03-24-09 05:14 PM
    Naw, I don't think it raises my social status at all.
    It was just in response that his one car is worth more then my residence.
    Childish, yes, but I was a little...ok, a lot drunk last night when I posted. LOL
    (Stayed up shooting pool last night with a friend.)

As far as owning a BMW, that is great. Just not in to them myself. To posh for me, I actually prefer bare bones sports cars or old school muscle but I will take a bike over a car any day. I suppose if you are not in to riding though, you would never understand but that is ok, to each their own.

**** measuring contest, no thanks, I am hung like a light switch.
    I am sure grandpa would beat me thanks to those little blue pills he takes.
    03-24-09 06:57 PM
    Since I apparently scared off the geezer (at least I think that's what he said... TL/DR), I guess I can join a flame war with a fellow knee dragger.

The bike is my daytona 600 street fighter (hence d6racer) and the f150 is also mine.

The bike actually has more custom work in it now then it did in the pic but I guess you just have to take my word for it.
    Street fighter = something a squid has wadded and patched back together with duct tape and zip ties (because he can't figure out how to use a pair of safety wire pliers).

My race bike (yeah, I actually race hence the tag racer at the end of my sn)
    Hmmm... SV650 with stock forks (I always choose suspension mods over a pipe when money is an issue) and recent paint (but didn't replace the broken brake lever after the last get-off).

Post more pics when you get the (yellow novice) number plates on it!
    03-24-09 10:22 PM
    LOL. but that is a picture of the SV the day I bought it.
    Sorry don't have a current picture of it.
    However, the levers were cut down not broken.
    The forks have cartridge emulators.
    The rear shock is upgraded.
    Steel braided brake lines
    Rear sets just have the spacer plates.
    But you can put it down if you want, I will still sleep fine tonight and promise I won't cry.

You might ride better then me, dunno and won't assume.
    Too many people act like the king of riding and still have 1 inch chicken strips.
    I have also ridden with people that are very humble and ride the wheels off any bike.
    You should come out here to Western NC and we can find out.
    I can't prove my riding ability any other way for you unless maybe when I get back home in a week you want pictures of my knee pucks.

Have I had a some get offs on my bike?
    Yeah sure.
    Built it as a street fighter though because I wanted to.
    I have liked the looks of street fighters for a long time.
    They are the modern day cafe racer.
    Speed Triple will be the next bike and when I have time, I am going to build an old school cafe racer. (if you know anything about old school motorcycle culture then I am sure you noticed the ton up logo as my avatar). I suppose you can see I have a fondness for European bikes especially British ones at this point.

I actually put more money in custom work on the d6 building it as a fighter then it would have cost putting it as stock (like I said that is early in the stages) I have different lights and several other things done to it now. More importantly, you will not find any duct tape or zipties. Get off was not my fault, but if you want to assume I am a squid, that is fine.
    I ride fast at times when road conditions permit. However, I wear full gear when i go out (either a 1 pc or 2 pc suit, track boots, gauntlet gloves, full helmet, basically everything I wear on the track).

However, I will say you have a decent eye, but are still incorrect about many things and have a wrong opinion of why one would build a fighter. Visit custom fighters, most people there actually buy bikes to build as fighters which was my intention to do until that jack arse on his phone whipped out in front of me so I decided to turn that bike in to a fighter. I just wish I had half the talent to build as some of those guys do.
    03-24-09 11:06 PM
    Ok, here come the morality police.

I don't feel it is stealing at all.
    I could understand if had a 450 minute plan and found a way to hack the system and erase usage. That is stealing.

However, I have unlimited minutes and data and I am just finding a different way of using it and I still would never go over the soft cap even though it is unlimited.

If I found a way to use my phone as a FREE gps system and canceled my VZ navigator is that stealing? No, I am no longer using the VZW service.
    The phone is mine and what programs I decide to put in it and use are my business. All I am doing is finding a different way to transfer the data I already pay for.

If you are worried about people like me running your bill up

Rest assured, I have made your bill cheaper then because I over pay my service most months as I don't use that much Data (no where near 5gb or even 1gb), I have unlimited minutes and don't always need it and rarely use my VZ Navigator. So, since I am making your bill cheaper, please send me a refund check.

I have the free versions of Tetris and Pac-man from Benny Chow.
    I suppose since VZW offers games I stole from them and drove the price up for other honest customers.
    Douchenozzlery at its finest.

You aren't stealing Verizon's games, you're choosing to go with a cheaper option. That does not equal stealing Verizon network services for your own, very selfish, gain. Tethering without paying uses the Verizon network. It uses much more data than your BB browser, even the "30 minutes" you spend printing something off.

You don't consider theft stealing because you don't do it daily? Are you the kind of person who thinks it's okay to do things like this because you feel entitled, like the world owes you favors? Do you have kids you are teaching this crap to? Shameful doesn't even begin to describe it. Would you be okay with your kids stealing a pack of gum from the gas station because it only costs $0.79? That's essentially what you're saying when you don't consider "free" tethering every once in a while stealing.

I'm pretty sure the gobs of data you use even for your "30 minutes to print something off" doesn't pay for the minutes you don't use on your phone. That is a pathetic argument.

The phone is yours. The network is not. Self-important a**holes like yourself are driving prices up. Scum, scum, scum.
    03-26-09 09:25 AM
    Douchenozzlery at its finest.

You aren't stealing Verizon's games, you're choosing to go with a cheaper option. That does not equal stealing Verizon network services for your own, very selfish, gain. Tethering without paying uses the Verizon network. It uses much more data than your BB browser, even the "30 minutes" you spend printing something off.

You don't consider theft stealing because you don't do it daily? Are you the kind of person who thinks it's okay to do things like this because you feel entitled, like the world owes you favors? Do you have kids you are teaching this crap to? Shameful doesn't even begin to describe it. Would you be okay with your kids stealing a pack of gum from the gas station because it only costs $0.79? That's essentially what you're saying when you don't consider "free" tethering every once in a while stealing.

I'm pretty sure the gobs of data you use even for your "30 minutes to print something off" doesn't pay for the minutes you don't use on your phone. That is a pathetic argument.

The phone is yours. The network is not. Self-important a**holes like yourself are driving prices up. Scum, scum, scum.
    im going to go ahead and jump it because well.. you just arent getting it.

so...say you're in a company car.. and when you're in a company car you get all the free gas you want [up to a certain limit.. say 50 gallons per month]. say you're only using 10 gallons per month of the 50 that you are allotted. you decide hey, i want to drive my own car. it gets worse gas mileage though, but whatever. so you start using 20 gallons of your allotted 50 gallons. how is that stealing? you're still using less than your allotted amount. sure, in verizon's contract you arent allowed to tether, but if you are using less than the limit they set, its not that big a deal.

verizon is out to make money, thats why they put it in, so they can make an extra $15-$30/month. why do BIS users have to pay $15/month more to tether? why should i have to pay the same price as BES users pay with tethering, when i dont even use BES services?

remember when verizon used to charge for ringtones? $2.50-$4 PER 15 second clip. it wasnt even a full freakin song. and how about SMS? they used to be cheap. they were 10 cents for a while, and now they are up to 20 cents, and they cost verizon NOTHING. they are little blips of data that piggieback through. yet since ive been a customer text messages went from 10cents to send and 2cents to receive, up to 20cents both ways...and guess what, it isn't costing them a penny more to transmit the messages.

I get it if someone tethers all the time, but to the casual user its a rip-off for many reasons. i used tetherberry in beta and in 1 week i used ~70mb. in a month that equates to ~300mb plus the 100 i used on my actual phone. is that really worth $30/month? or how about the hassle of having to add and remove it from my plan everytime i do use it just so verizon only charges me for the days i use it.

i wouldn't mind paying if verizon only charged me for the days i use it, without having to constantly add and remove the service. (i.e. if i connect 5 days of the month, i pay $5. 10 days? $10... and so on) .. of course they would never do this because verizon is hoping that users simply forget about it and pay the full $30/month rather than only paying for what they use.
    Last edited by snork; 03-26-09 at 10:19 AM.
    03-26-09 10:16 AM
    Ah. Thank you for enlightening me. I was unaware that it's okay to steal if you're otherwise getting "ripped off."

I think tethering charges on a tether-by-tether basis is a great idea. I would definitely take advantage of it. Do any other carriers do this that you all know of?

But I'm still not going to take things that aren't mine and use the justification that the world isn't fair and the company charges a price I don't feel like paying.

Maybe a little "free" tethering here and there won't cause significant issues (if lots of people do it, it will), but my conscience just won't let me take things that aren't mine, no matter how inconsequential it may seem. Guess I'm a goody-goody/prude/uptight...and I'm okay with that.
    03-26-09 11:04 AM
    Ah. Thank you for enlightening me. I was unaware that it's okay to steal if you're otherwise getting "ripped off."

I think tethering charges on a tether-by-tether basis is a great idea. I would definitely take advantage of it. Do any other carriers do this that you all know of?

But I'm still not going to take things that aren't mine and use the justification that the world isn't fair and the company charges a price I don't feel like paying.

Maybe a little "free" tethering here and there won't cause significant issues (if lots of people do it, it will), but my conscience just won't let me take things that aren't mine, no matter how inconsequential it may seem. Guess I'm a goody-goody/prude/uptight...and I'm okay with that.
    I do things based on principles. Others have a stronger moral compass, some people are scared to break a rule.. etc etc. I won't hold it against you if you choose to pay for tethering and barely use it, I just don't see why I should pay for something I don't use. Heck I wish part of my plan was refunded based on minutes I don't use since 90% of the time I don't use more than 40-50% of my minutes. If I am using something a lot and its really making a difference (i.e. running torrents, downloading alot and really hogging bandwidth, or even coming remotely close to my 5gb limit), I can see paying for it.

Unfortunately I don't think any other companies do a pay-per-tether thing. The closest thing verizon does is offer the vznavigator on a per-use basis. my parents have it, its like $3 or $4 per use..not bad if you only use it once or twice a month.. but meh
    03-26-09 11:59 AM
    I love how people twist things with faulty analogies. The company car issue, for example. The gas is intended for use in the company car, as the unlimited data use is for your BlackBerry.

If I gave you unlimited use of a company car for business use only, your thought process is that since I gave you unlimited use and you work so hard for me, I shouldn't discipline you when I find out you're taking it to the mountains on weekend skiing trips.

One of the problems of today's youth is their tendency to rationalize, especially in areas of morals, values & honesty. Either you have those or you don't. There is no gray area; no degrees. Its like the old adages: if any part of the statement is false, the entire statement is false. If you're honest 90% of the time & dishonest 10%, you cannot be called honest or trustworthy.

Entitlement is only valid when you've earned it.

03-26-09 12:59 PM
    Man, I laugh every time people say text messaging costs carriers nothing.

Just a "blip" of data eh? Verizon users alone transmit over 30 billion (that's billion, with a B) messages per month as of November 2008. Assuming you could capture not only the content of the message but also the billing data all in just 1KB of data, that's over 30 terrabytes each month.

Just a blip though. Maybe we should make you store it then.

03-26-09 01:08 PM
    I love how people twist things with faulty analogies. The company car issue, for example. The gas is intended for use in the company car, as the unlimited data use is for your BlackBerry.

If I gave you unlimited use of a company car for business use only, your thought process is that since I gave you unlimited use and you work so hard for me, I shouldn't discipline you when I find out you're taking it to the mountains on weekend skiing trips.

One of the problems of today's youth is their tendency to rationalize, especially in areas of morals, values & honesty. Either you have those or you don't. There is no gray area; no degrees. Its like the old adages: if any part of the statement is false, the entire statement is false. If you're honest 90% of the time & dishonest 10%, you cannot be called honest or trustworthy.

Entitlement is only valid when you've earned it.

Call it per diem them. You get gas money. If you don't use it all when on company business, that's your deal. You get to keep the extra. Other companies only reimburse you for the gas you use. If Verizon operated this way we'd only pay when we tether, not a monthly fee.

I know that if we all adhered to Verizon's 'rules', if I wanted to tether, I should pay $30 extra per month. But this isn't a discussion on what Verizon thinks is right and acceptable. This is a discussion on what is right and what is fair.

If I get 5gb/month, I'm entitled to use that much, so says the Verizon. Legitimately I can, they just want me to do it all through my blackberry. The only reason they say no tethering is so they can make an extra $30/month off their customers. So answer me this, why does it cost me $15/month more to tether than a BES user. I don't get BES services, nor do I need them, yet I have to pay the extra money just to tether with VZW.

You can look at everything in black and white all you want, but there is grey area. It exists everywhere in [almost] everyone. Choosing not to acknowledge it is either ignorant or lazy. Its up to you to decide which category you fit in.
    03-26-09 01:45 PM
    Man, I laugh every time people say text messaging costs carriers nothing.

Just a "blip" of data eh? Verizon users alone transmit over 30 billion (that's billion, with a B) messages per month as of November 2008. Assuming you could capture not only the content of the message but also the billing data all in just 1KB of data, that's over 30 terrabytes each month.

Just a blip though. Maybe we should make you store it then.

is verizon required to store all SMS? I say it doesn't cost them anything because it doesn't affect network traffic at all. SMS piggybacks off other signals, which is why they are limited to 160 characters, specifically so they don't bog down their network. Yes, supporting SMS costs them money, but the difference between 100,000 SMS and 100,000,000 SMS is next to nothing.
    03-26-09 01:49 PM
    Call it per diem them. You get gas money. If you don't use it all when on company business, that's your deal. You get to keep the extra. Other companies only reimburse you for the gas you use. If Verizon operated this way we'd only pay when we tether, not a monthly fee.

I know that if we all adhered to Verizon's 'rules', if I wanted to tether, I should pay $30 extra per month. But this isn't a discussion on what Verizon thinks is right and acceptable. This is a discussion on what is right and what is fair.

If I get 5gb/month, I'm entitled to use that much, so says the Verizon. Legitimately I can, they just want me to do it all through my blackberry. The only reason they say no tethering is so they can make an extra $30/month off their customers. So answer me this, why does it cost me $15/month more to tether than a BES user. I don't get BES services, nor do I need them, yet I have to pay the extra money just to tether with VZW.

You can look at everything in black and white all you want, but there is grey area. It exists everywhere in [almost] everyone. Choosing not to acknowledge it is either ignorant or lazy. Its up to you to decide which category you fit in.

Omg. You seriously think that if you are allowed $50 a month in gas for company business, you can just fill up your personal vehicle with any leftover? Do you work for Tyco?

I'm given $40 a day for food when I travel. I wouldn't in my wildest imagination try to keep any unused money. Its beyond reprehensible to even consider doing that.

03-26-09 01:52 PM
    You all of course know VZW recently caught someone and charged them almost 4000 for data charges. I would stay away from tetherberry for now, or make sure to use it VERY sparingly
    03-26-09 01:56 PM
    Omg. You seriously think that if you are allowed $50 a month in gas for company business, you can just fill up your personal vehicle with any leftover? Do you work for Tyco?

I'm given $40 a day for food when I travel. I wouldn't in my wildest imagination try to keep any unused money. Its beyond reprehensible to even consider doing that.

I guess your company doesn't do per diem then. Mine simply reimburses me, but my girlfriend's company does that. She gets X dollars for food and travel depending on where she is going, any that she doesn't spend is hers to keep. If she chooses to eat somewhere for cheap, she can keep whatever is leftover to do whatever with.
    03-26-09 01:57 PM
    You all of course know VZW recently caught someone and charged them almost 4000 for data charges. I would stay away from tetherberry for now, or make sure to use it VERY sparingly
    Ouch, sucks to be them. Guess it's a good thing I have no real need to tether (besides as a cure for boredom)
    03-26-09 01:58 PM
    I guess your company doesn't do per diem then. Mine simply reimburses me, but my girlfriend's company does that. She gets X dollars for food and travel depending on where she is going, any that she doesn't spend is hers to keep. If she chooses to eat somewhere for cheap, she can keep whatever is leftover to do whatever with.
    This is an awful way to track expenses. I can't imagine any SOX audited corporation utilizing this since there is no accountability.

03-26-09 03:11 PM
122 12345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD