my district manager came in and he had one for his concession phone. its soooo sick. the touch screen is amazing. you actually have to press down on the screen itself (it moves inwards a bit) and it makes a "click" sound whenever you type on it.

im excited :3
    11-14-08 10:24 PM
    That is awesome! I plan on getting a Storm within the first 2-3 weeks of release. I'd love to get it sooner (the release date) but due to some matters out of my concern it will have to wait. Was the OS as laggy as it has been reported by some? So many questions and not enough time lol! Thanks in advance
    11-14-08 10:28 PM
    That is awesome! I plan on getting a Storm within the first 2-3 weeks of release. I'd love to get it sooner (the release date) but due to some matters out of my concern it will have to wait. Was the OS as laggy as it has been reported by some? So many questions and not enough time lol! Thanks in advance
    the OS wasnt laggy, however i did notice that when i rotated the phone from portrait to landscape (to bring up the virtual qwerty keyboard) the phone "hungup" and a combination of the suretype and qwerty keyboard showed up on screen.
    11-14-08 10:29 PM
    I played with one today too. I was experiencing some significant lag though, but it also didn't have the most current version of the software. Someone told me that it was a couple of versions behind. Nice phone otherwise. If they can fix the lag, then the phone is mine. The browser was superfast.
    11-14-08 10:34 PM
    the OS wasnt laggy, however i did notice that when i rotated the phone from portrait to landscape (to bring up the virtual qwerty keyboard) the phone "hungup" and a combination of the suretype and qwerty keyboard showed up on screen.
    Did it finally switch to qwerty or stay half and half? also meant to say control not concern lol (been up since 7 am). I still have not had a chance to check out the unboxing of the 9500 but do you know if it will have a holster with a belt clip? That was my only complaint with my Pearl.
    11-14-08 10:34 PM
    I played with one today too. I was experiencing some significant lag though, but it also didn't have the most current version of the software. Someone told me that it was a couple of versions behind. Nice phone otherwise. If they can fix the lag, then the phone is mine. The browser was superfast.
    yea the one i was playin with had the newest software so that must have taken care of the lag issues

i will say that the phone is noticeably heavier than the curve and the 8830.
    11-14-08 10:35 PM
    Did it finally switch to qwerty or stay half and half? also meant to say control not concern lol (been up since 7 am). I still have not had a chance to check out the unboxing of the 9500 but do you know if it will have a holster with a belt clip? That was my only complaint with my Pearl.
    there are holsters w/ belt clips available (came in our shipment yesterday)

i rotated the phone back to portrait then again to landscape and it fixed the keyboard.
    11-14-08 10:35 PM
    yea the one i was playin with had the newest software so that must have taken care of the lag issues

i will say that the phone is noticeably heavier than the curve and the 8830.
    I noticed it was heavier than my Curve also. I mentioned it to my boss and his response was "It's because you're weak. You need to go to the gym more." LOL
    11-14-08 10:37 PM
    i watched some youtube on it, the picture quality is pretty cool too. also with the camera, after you take a picture you can zoom in/out on it and pan it around/rotate the image
    11-14-08 10:40 PM
    That's good to know about the holsters. I might just get a Seidio Hard Case like I did for my Pearl or take a look and see if Otterbox is making a Defender for the Storm either way that baby is mine by Christmas. I've been fortunate enough to have no problems with youtube. Also both of you feel free to hit me up on bbm.
    11-14-08 10:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD