07-31-09 06:15 PM
28 12
tools
    I posted something nice to say the other day about my technician who went through and through with me about my storm, we tried everything on it to make it work like it should, and for me to get service bars, he concluded that it was a hardware issue and that I would have a brand new Storm today (Thursday the 30th of July).

Guess what, I do not have my storm. I called Verizon this morning looking for a tracking number to see where FedEx had my phone. Guess what! The technicians supervisor did not approve my new phone. So I got switched over to Executive Relations. I had a trip planned today to Kentucky and we (as in my family) were going to leave as soon as my storm got here. So I asked the very nice lady if I could just drive 40 minutes out of my way and go and pick up the new storm there. I was on hold for 46 minutes while she talked to the manager Doug (champaign, IL corporate store manager), and guess what he would not give me a new device. So there went another hour of my day. I asked them why not and she said something about a FRU issue, I do not know what that is. So here I am running on my old and trusty vx6700 and checking all my email using a laptop (I feel like its 2004 and I am tethered to my laptop, what a whiner eh?)

The best part of the story is that I had made reservations on hotwire.com for a hotel and I lost 65 bucks because I thought I really was going to be in Kentucky today. And I cant get the money back.

Then to update about an hour and half ago I get the automatic message that my devices are coming my way! But they forgot to add my unit number on it. So what do you do, you call FedEx right? I called FedEx and they said Verizon had to make a change to my address. Its my address I thought why cant I make a change to it? So I called back Verizon, yay, another 27 minutes explaining what is going on and another 30 minutes waiting for them to talk to FedEx!

So pray for me and my sanity and pray that I get my devices! One is a Storm and one is the Motorola Rival for my niece!

Yes I won the battle, i get to exchange out my nieces piece of crap c340 which had three batteries go dead in it for a Motorola Rival.

I like Executive relations, they are the best and now I have a personal friend there to talk to, he said he would have gone crazy too!

Semper Fi

Waiting to see what Blue and Bold says about this one!
    Last edited by CARTEEUSMC; 07-30-09 at 09:18 PM.
    07-30-09 09:09 PM
    Wow I can hardly wait to break and complain about the 14th one.
    07-30-09 09:12 PM
    How did I break it? I did something to it to cause it not to receive a signal? I can post a picture of the device if you guys want!

BTW my wife has a storm too, so that is a combined total!
    Last edited by CARTEEUSMC; 07-30-09 at 09:16 PM.
    07-30-09 09:14 PM
    Naw I was making refernce to the posting the other where I believe you have been though quite a few storms, no?
    07-30-09 09:16 PM
    Yes we have been through some storms. We are waiting on a tornado
    07-30-09 09:17 PM
    Heard rumor of a Thunder - not a tornado. Although, that would be a great name for a device.
    07-30-09 09:19 PM
    i went through the same thing with Verizon several times on getting phones sent out and credits for phones that were returned that i was charged for.... i hate verizons customer service... and i am also waiting for the storm 2(what ever the name will be)
    07-30-09 09:34 PM
    Heard rumor of a Thunder - not a tornado. Although, that would be a great name for a device.
    Isn't the Storm named BlackBerry Thunder for Vodafone?
    07-30-09 09:34 PM
    Or BlackBerry Hurricane, sounds more violent and powerful. Tornado is usually small-range and just plain winds with damaging abilities. Hurricanes violent floods sound like the massive storm arriving after the Storm 1, heh, meteorology is something I have always been interested in.
    07-30-09 09:36 PM
    Not for those in KS...could you imagne the ad?

There's a Tornado coming...

Us: NNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOO

To Verizon!

Us...the ****!? *RAGE!*
    07-30-09 09:59 PM
    Also to be fair...CARTEEUSMC could be like my uncle. My uncle can't have pagers, watches, or cellys because of the magnetic field. I mean I can't use most phones for longer than 6 months. before they start to randomly drop calls and the batt. life drops to 30mins of talk
    07-30-09 10:04 PM
    now thats funny about Kansas
    07-30-09 10:09 PM
    And being how absentminded I am, and I do not really know how to post a picture inside the forums, I posted a picture of my 4 year old xv6700 as my profile picture, because it is obvious that I do not know how to take care of a phone. So if you are ever in Tuscola, IL, stop by and see those crazy Cartee's out in the yard throwing their cell phones around watering them down with their garden hose. For a fee, they will even run over your blackberry and then start a thread on how Verizon did not let you get a new one when all we did was run it over.

Ma says tommorrow we are going skee shootin with em, bring your shotguns!
    07-30-09 10:22 PM
    Also to be fair...CARTEEUSMC could be like my uncle. My uncle can't have pagers, watches, or cellys because of the magnetic field. I mean I can't use most phones for longer than 6 months. before they start to randomly drop calls and the batt. life drops to 30mins of talk
    I have an abnormal body electrical field. I can grab your car antenna & silence your radio. I cannot rely on a windup watch - for years, I could only wear the old tuning fork Accutrons. I have four Rolex watches I only wear on special occasions, because they will vary by two to three minutes per hour of me wearing them. The wands at the airport do not like me. If I hold my hand within an inch of a CRT display, the color does odd things, as if you held a powerful magnet close to one.

I have little effect on higher radio frequencies, though and have phones for years with no issues.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-31-09 12:10 AM
    you got her na rival? shame on you. should have given her a trance.
    07-31-09 12:55 AM
    14 storms? Wow, I would think after that many it would be hard to say anything negative about Verizon...well kudos to you for being consistent in wanting a phone that works, kudos to them for being good to a customer. Kudos to you and wirelessvet for chirping at each other.

07-31-09 12:57 AM
    And being how absentminded I am, and I do not really know how to post a picture inside the forums, I posted a picture of my 4 year old xv6700 as my profile picture, because it is obvious that I do not know how to take care of a phone. So if you are ever in Tuscola, IL, stop by and see those crazy Cartee's out in the yard throwing their cell phones around watering them down with their garden hose. For a fee, they will even run over your blackberry and then start a thread on how Verizon did not let you get a new one when all we did was run it over.

Ma says tommorrow we are going skee shootin with em, bring your shotguns!
    OT but at least friendly.
    Holy crap a local! They have an outlet mall in Tuscola but no VZW store? Or just not a corporate one?

07-31-09 02:59 AM
    Just curious, I read the other post about your 14 Storms, don't remember that you listed the reason each was returned. Maybe you could tell us what was wrong with each phone. That might clear things up for some. I suppose it's possible to have that many phones not work properly especially if you want them to do exactly as they are supposed to. I don't blame you for that. I know I'll never buy a Storm though after your post. I also have to say your "redneck story" was funny. Thanks, it's always nice to start my day with a good laugh!

07-31-09 06:13 AM
    The device 13 times?? Nah..
    I sent a kid walking yesterday who had five Storm replacements......he said it would "open programs on it's own" and it would not call out or receive calls, and more ridiculousness. You could tell that he carried it in his pocket and it was all scratched up and the screen was loose, obvious it wasn't taken care of. I refuse to continue to replace a phone when you can see it's mistreated.
    07-31-09 06:39 AM
    storms are trash even VZW has accepted it.....there offering refunds and swaps and everything else......cartee is just the victim of a bad product....
    NOt really... ppl that are outside of their 30 days are screwed. We aren't swapping or any of that without going through our policies like we would on any other phone.
    07-31-09 07:18 AM
    storms are trash even VZW has accepted it.....there offering refunds and swaps and everything else......cartee is just the victim of a bad product....
    NOt really... ppl that are outside of their 30 days are screwed. We aren't swapping or any of that without going through our policies like we would on any other phone.
    B&B - I agree totally. I have not been instructed to any such thing.
    07-31-09 07:42 AM
    Yeah what the **** kind of company would do that? I know the money comes from the service not the phones, but theres no way we would all get an email saying - we are offering refunds and everything else??? Gump's just bored apparently.
    07-31-09 07:48 AM
    14 storms? Wow, I would think after that many it would be hard to say anything negative about Verizon...well kudos to you for being consistent in wanting a phone that works,
    After twp bad ones, an intelligent & reasonable soul would realize they were buying junk & would try something else.

Like if I bought a GMC truck & it was a lemon, I might pass it off as a bad example. If I got a second one & it was also a diaper-load, my next truck would be a Ford or Dodge.

If I bought a Storm & had the issues some people are claiming, I'd not be stupid enough to get yet another BlackBerry. If I were that stupid, I'd certainly not advertise I was by spouting off in public about it.

07-31-09 08:06 AM
    After twp bad ones, an intelligent & reasonable soul would realize they were buying junk & would try something else.

Like if I bought a GMC truck & it was a lemon, I might pass it off as a bad example. If I got a second one & it was also a diaper-load, my next truck would be a Ford or Dodge.

If I bought a Storm & had the issues some people are claiming, I'd not be stupid enough to get yet another BlackBerry. If I were that stupid, I'd certainly not advertise I was by spouting off in public about it.

Agreed. After the 4th phone I would be thinking my curve wan't so bad. After the 7th I would be thinking my 8703 wasnt that bad... and by the 11th I would be thinkin my razor wasn't so bad. Its hard to believe this story just because we're blaming the device 13 times? Maybe twice or thrice I would believe. Get a tour. If you have had that many replacements you should damn well able to get a tour.
    07-31-09 10:36 AM
    I sent a kid walking yesterday who had five Storm replacements......he said it would "open programs on it's own" and it would not call out or receive calls, and more ridiculousness. You could tell that he carried it in his pocket and it was all scratched up and the screen was loose, obvious it wasn't taken care of. I refuse to continue to replace a phone when you can see it's mistreated.
    Thank you for that.
    07-31-09 01:32 PM
28 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD