I live near Joliet and work near Chicago. I wanted to know how good the service is primarily in those 2 locations, as well the rest of the Chicagoland area.

Also, how does the 3G network work in those areas too?

I currently have TMobile but I'm looking to switch in order to get the Storm (& its 3G ability)...

thanks for the help.
    11-09-08 09:24 PM
    These are major cities. Coverage there will be awesome. I would go to verizonwireless.com and search for coverage maps, this will give you idea of the coverage in your areas. Then stop by a store and check data on a working device to get an idea of good it is.
    11-09-08 09:32 PM
    coverage in the Chicago area is great!! as long as your above ground youre good to go. I live 20min south of Chicago and the network is alive and well!!
    11-09-08 09:34 PM
    I live near Joliet and work near Chicago. I wanted to know how good the service is primarily in those 2 locations, as well the rest of the Chicagoland area.

Also, how does the 3G network work in those areas too?

I currently have TMobile but I'm looking to switch in order to get the Storm (& its 3G ability)...

thanks for the help.

I live in Mokena and go to college in Joliet. My husband works all over downtown Chicago. We have had Verizon for about 15 years and have always had spectacular coverage.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-09-08 09:53 PM
    The service is awesome. I travel all over Chicago and the suburbs and out of state occasionally and talk about 2000 min per month. I very rarely have a problem inside a building. I love their network and CS.
    11-09-08 09:53 PM
    I'll have to echo everyone else and say that I've had nothing but great service in the city and suburbs (live in the city, work in Woodridge area). AND if you take any of the subways in the city, Verizon now has service (along with U.S. Cell) in them. I've checked and it works just fine.
    11-10-08 07:07 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD