10-14-08 12:48 PM
31 12
tools
    So as of now I'm an iPhone user and have been waiting ever since the day i made the mistake of switching to the 3g model for any excuse to change to another carrier and still have a super cool smart phone. My wait is obviously nearly over and I'm just wondering how much it's going to run me per month. I've never had a BB and haven't used verizon for about a year and a half. (iPhone launch convert)

Here is what I'm paying for my current plan. I'm hoping someone can let me know how much verizon is going to want for a similar plan:

Anytime Minutes 450
    Night & Weekend Minutes 5000
    Mobile to Mobile Minutes Unlimited
    Free Nights and Weekends
    $39.99

Unlimited data (web and email) and Visual Voicemail
    $30.00

1500 Text Messages $15.00

Thank You
    10-08-08 10:37 PM
    450 anytime mins
    free VZW to VZW
    unl n&w mins
    no roam/ld

unl data 29.99

Unl vzw to vzw txt/pix/vid AND 1500 to other networks $15

So basically the same as you are now. You may be cheaper depending on your txts. If you can do < 500 off net you can have $10/mo with unl vzw and 500 off net.
    10-08-08 11:32 PM
    Or you could get the 450 minutes with unlimited txt/pix/vid to anyone for 59.99 + 29.99 data for $89.98. Way better deal because you can use IM/BBM/MSN/ICQ etc and not have any text overage...
    10-09-08 09:12 AM
    Unlimited BIS on vzw is $29.99, then whatever your current plan is.

I personally can't live with anything less than unlimited minutes which is $99/month, plus unlimited text, and I have two lines with data plans - it adds up quick.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-09-08 09:15 AM
    I really love my visual voice mail. Not sure of it's worth the extra couple bucks per month though. Also is the vz navi worth the $10? I was fine with google maps and a gps pinpoint. Will the storm be locked to vz nav or will there possibly be a free google maps type navi released later?
    10-09-08 11:09 AM
    Google Maps will work most likely its hard to tell cause the Storm will run 4.7 OS.

Your plan will not be any more expensive than it is now. Maybe even see if you get a discount cause of where you work. I have practically the same plan as you and it is $70.XX a month.
    10-09-08 11:48 AM
    I get about $15 off my AT&T bill becouse I work at Mercedes Benz. Not sure if they discount verizon as well.
    10-09-08 12:33 PM
    I get about $15 off my AT&T bill becouse I work at Mercedes Benz. Not sure if they discount verizon as well.

You can check here for Verizon.

https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=aZun3uJW
    10-09-08 12:40 PM
    visual voicmail might not be free, it might run you a couple bucks like on othe vzw phones. also if you want vz nav which is supper dope thats another 10.00..
    10-09-08 01:19 PM
    as others have said paralell to your plan

450 minutes
    unlimited nights and weekend
    free vzw to vzw
    unlimited text
    Total=59.99

Data plan
    Unlimited E-mail
    Unlimited Internet
    Total=29.99

Visual Voicemail
    Total = 2.99

VZ Nav
    Total= 9.99

i personally can do without VZ Nav, even though its a great service, i have a GPS in my car and i just have no need for it, the only reason i ever needed it which actually really helped me out was when i was walking around philadelphia with my ex looking for a restaurant we wanted to try, and it gave us turn by turn directions etc, very useful, but for the most part i don't see any other reason to have to use it unless u need a navigation system when if thats ur sole navigation system id say well worth it.
    10-09-08 03:14 PM
    Check out youmail.com for visual voicemail.

10-09-08 05:16 PM
    450 anytime mins
    free VZW to VZW
    unl n&w mins
    no roam/ld
    $39.99

unl data $29.99

$10/mo with unl vzw and 500 off net.

Looks like i'll get this kit. I am a very light user. I mostly use it for browsing. Someone mentioned that i should get unlimited messages so I can use IM/BBM/MSN/ICQ etc... but i was under the impression that was covered under my data plan not my txt message plan.
    Last edited by MikeRiv; 10-09-08 at 06:08 PM.
    10-09-08 06:04 PM
    Or you could get the 450 minutes with unlimited txt/pix/vid to anyone for 59.99 + 29.99 data for $89.98. Way better deal because you can use IM/BBM/MSN/ICQ etc and not have any text overage...
    thats exactly what i have w/ my BB Pearl and i couldn't be happier w/ it. now that the Storm is coming out soon, i'm set and unless some much better device comes out with a better network and a better plan/price, then i'm staying w/ VZW for good
    10-09-08 06:20 PM
    ok i like youmail
    10-09-08 08:02 PM
    I get 22% off my bill from where i work. They give all sorts of discounts for places of employment.
    10-10-08 08:27 AM
    I get 19% off through my company's discount (it's a personal line). I didn't even know we had a deal w/ Verizon until someone told me.
    10-10-08 08:41 AM
    That's sucks I only get 15% off and I have the federal government deal! Lol

10-10-08 08:55 AM
    Looks like i'll get this kit. I am a very light user. I mostly use it for browsing. Someone mentioned that i should get unlimited messages so I can use IM/BBM/MSN/ICQ etc... but i was under the impression that was covered under my data plan not my txt message plan.
    If a lot of people you know and text message have Verizon get the cheapest In network messaging plan (the 500 message plan) then only out of network texts go against the 500 texts. I send a good amount of texts each month but only MAYBE 100 are out of network. Unlimited messages are only useful if you are a very heavy texter to all carriers. If you send 2000 texts a month and 500 are AT&T users, 500 T-Mob users, 500 to Sprint users, then you would def want an unlimited text plan.

Also MSN, ICQ, Yahoo, BBM, AIM, Google Talk, Windows Live messenger, and most all IM programs now are supported on the BB natively, which means DATA not text messages.
    10-10-08 12:03 PM
    If u sign a new deal im pretty sure it works in a new deal for unlimited txt and stuff to everyone built into the nationwide plan i know thats what i got but im on a family plan with 4 lines
    10-10-08 03:49 PM
    I like youmail, the transcription isn't very good right now, but you can get an idea of what the VM is about. I also like that there is a setting so telemarketers cannot leave me a voicemail and that unknown numbers either if I choose. I also like the prompt, the computer says my name nicely and not like a weird system sound.
    10-12-08 10:50 AM
    I'm switching from AT&T as well, in all likelihood - transitioning from an HTC Touch/WM6 to a Blackberry, after being on the AT&T network for 8+ years. If this Storm and VZW are all it's cracked up to be, my fiance will come over too when here contract is up in June.

For now though, I'm probably going to piggy back on my mom's account (add a line) and then add data/VZ Nav - so, $9.99 + $29.99 + $10 ??? (assuming there are no issues with adding a Blackberry line to non-blackberry accounts - not sure why it would matter, but the BB thing is all new to me)...do they have texting share plans on VZW, by any chance?
    10-13-08 11:40 AM
    I'm switching from AT&T as well, in all likelihood - transitioning from an HTC Touch/WM6 to a Blackberry, after being on the AT&T network for 8+ years. If this Storm and VZW are all it's cracked up to be, my fiance will come over too when here contract is up in June.

For now though, I'm probably going to piggy back on my mom's account (add a line) and then add data/VZ Nav - so, $9.99 + $29.99 + $10 ??? (assuming there are no issues with adding a Blackberry line to non-blackberry accounts - not sure why it would matter, but the BB thing is all new to me)...do they have texting share plans on VZW, by any chance?
    You can add the $29.99 data plan to a Blackberry on any plan.

As for texting and family share plans, Verizon allows you to do it either way. You can either get a basic family plan and add a texting package in units of 250, 500, 1500 or 5000 (500-1500 include unlimited vzw to vzw texts) for each phone or you can choose a select family plan that has unlimited texting to anyone for both the phones on the plan. The select plans make the texting package about $20 for both phones and the other texting packages are charged per line.
    10-13-08 03:53 PM
    You can add the $29.99 data plan to a Blackberry on any plan.
    Is that $29.99 per Blackberry? Like if I had a family plan with two lines, and I wanted to have a BB on both lines, I am guessing I would have to pay the $29.99 twice, once for each BB. Is that correct?
    10-14-08 08:03 AM
    Is that $29.99 per Blackberry? Like if I had a family plan with two lines, and I wanted to have a BB on both lines, I am guessing I would have to pay the $29.99 twice, once for each BB. Is that correct?
    yes, you are correct. $29.99 per line.
    10-14-08 09:28 AM
    yes, you are correct. $29.99 per line.
    Many thanks!
    10-14-08 09:43 AM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD