10-26-10 02:09 PM
31 12
tools
    This S2 sucks. somedays texting is great, some days its like the phone has the jitters from to much caffeine and it types 3 or 4 letters for each one you press. Sometimes it slows down so much when typing I just give up. Sometimes it rings for incoming calls sometimes not. Sometimes I get an audible notice for emails, sometimes not. Ugh, I feel a DX coming soon...
    10-22-10 12:02 PM
    While I'm happy they are replacing the phone, I can't say that I'm very happy with the replacement itself. Seems to me replacing a device with the same device that's been discontinued due to the same symptoms I am currently experiencing seems rather silly.

Ugh...
    Its their policy... believe me you are not the only person with this view. Even the tech reps feel this way. But their hands are as tied as your's are. I'm actually surprised they replaced it for you. From what I remember, if you were eligible for your NE2 or even an early upgrade, you had to take that option. Besides the fact that your phone is most likely out of its 1yr warranty. I'm pleased that you were given a phone but WATCH your next bill in case you had a rep who didn't want confrontation and replaced it without telling you the "out of warranty" replacement cost. I'd be having a hissy fit if I were you.

see thats what I get for not reading the WHOLE thread? Glad you got an S2 but sorry you are still having issues. I'd be frustrated but at the same time, you've gone about it the RIGHT way. I want to tell you on behalf of the tech you've been working with and of other friends and collegues of mine that we appriciate when a customer is calm and collected. I know you were because you didnt jump on here ranting about the "poor" service you got on the phone. Props to you... And about that tech who "referred" you to blackberry... he was either new or extremely lazy. I noticed the time of your post that day... tech support closes at 10p MST...
    I just thought that was a bit funny.
    Last edited by IDsweetcheeks; 10-26-10 at 06:08 AM.
    10-26-10 05:51 AM
    I can promise you this is wrong. Verizon does not have any policy that says you will receive a new/different phone after any number of replacements.
    Plausible deniability... It's a "secret" policy that customers arent supposed to know about... so naturally every one knows. This tit for tat on the 3 replacement policy has been fought for so long here and between techs and customers its sick and sad.
    It was a good policy until some wacko store tech leaked it out as a "work around" to get a new phone after someone was out of their 30 day WFG. Its become the biggest "I want a new phone for free" scam out there.
    The S1's were POS's yes. S2's were not much better. and dont even get me started on the T1 and T2s. I'm sure under proper use and no swims or falls the phones are mediocre at best. I know friends and collegues who take exceptional care of their phones and know its limitations who wanted to chuck them to the moon. The bottom line... read reviews BEFORE you buy and wait at LEAST six months to get a new technology phone.

okay, I'll stop now before I start my iPhone rant.
    as you were.
    10-26-10 06:02 AM
    Well the tech I spoke with said my TEC insurance covered the replacement and so far nothing has shown on my bill. However, I am on my 3rd replacement and it's starting to do some really weird stuff but typical, or so I've read, for this S2 phone. Freezes, key response while texting gets so slow it makes you want to cry, has epileptic seizures while texting, etc.

I have to get a replacement again and I don't want to make the phone call. I know I am just going to get a complete POS again.
    10-26-10 09:10 AM
    Morning...... Does anyone know when the HTC Pro going to drop? that is the new BLACKDROID.
    10-26-10 10:29 AM
    Well the tech I spoke with said my TEC insurance covered the replacement and so far nothing has shown on my bill. However, I am on my 3rd replacement and it's starting to do some really weird stuff but typical, or so I've read, for this S2 phone. Freezes, key response while texting gets so slow it makes you want to cry, has epileptic seizures while texting, etc.

I have to get a replacement again and I don't want to make the phone call. I know I am just going to get a complete POS again.
    Good luck. I'll cross my fingers for you that you get a rep who is willing to help. There ARE plenty of those if you can weed through the snot nosed kids who do the job for weekend party money. Some actually DO care and work hard at their jobs.
    10-26-10 02:09 PM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD