Is anyone else having an issue with lag time on sent SMS messages? I have been having a problem all morning. I even sent myself a couple of text messages and 10 min later they still haven't come thru.

Tried resending service books and did a battery pull but I'm still waiting for messages that I sent to myself. Also appears as though messages I have sent to others hasn't been delivered either. Email, internet and phone are working fine.

Anyone have a clue what's going on?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-27-08 11:20 AM
    Texting from one phone to another is working fine for me right now.

I do know that Verizon's servers do hiccup quite often though. The worse is when you are trying to push an email through them to a text account. I do this alot when testing a feature of a beta software platform that I work on. Sometimes the phone gets it within a minute. Other times you will be waiting a half an hour.
    11-27-08 11:43 AM
    Have had this happen before too, but no probs today.
    11-27-08 12:00 PM
    Just tested text to handset from another phone, and from the online SMS. Almost immediate delivery.

Is it possible that you were trying at a high volume time? That could have been the problem.
    11-29-08 11:43 PM
    Is anyone else having an issue with lag time on sent SMS messages? I have been having a problem all morning. I even sent myself a couple of text messages and 10 min later they still haven't come thru.

Tried resending service books and did a battery pull but I'm still waiting for messages that I sent to myself. Also appears as though messages I have sent to others hasn't been delivered either. Email, internet and phone are working fine.

Anyone have a clue what's going on?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    hard reset the phone (batt pull), OTA the phone (*228 opt 1), and turn off and back on. If this fails, call CS. You may need to be reset in the switch.
    11-30-08 05:01 AM
    i always have problems with SMS and MMS (more MMS) when the phone is chiming and receiving emails or texts. But when its late night and theres not much receiving going on, it works well.
    11-30-08 08:34 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD