Please don't lose your phones!

(Sorry. These types of calls seem to come in very large waves, especially on Friday night/Saturday morning. It's kinda depressing... )

Hints:

1. If alcohol is involved, take a friend, not a phone.
    2. Don't leave it on a restaurant table where it can be easily snatched. Leave it in a purse or pocket.
    3. Consider getting a BluAlert bracelet. (Sold on thinkgeek.com.) Not only do they alert you to calls when your phone is silenced, but they will vibrate if the phone leaves your immediate area.

I hope this doesn't sound too "Well, duh!"-ish. Just trying to be helpful.
    07-18-09 03:17 AM
    Please don't lose your phones!

(Sorry. These types of calls seem to come in very large waves, especially on Friday night/Saturday morning. It's kinda depressing... )

Hints:

1. If alcohol is involved, take a friend, not a phone.
    2. Don't leave it on a restaurant table where it can be easily snatched. Leave it in a purse or pocket.
    3. Consider getting a BluAlert bracelet. (Sold on thinkgeek.com.) Not only do they alert you to calls when your phone is silenced, but they will vibrate if the phone leaves your immediate area.

I hope this doesn't sound too "Well, duh!"-ish. Just trying to be helpful.
    Standard, but always solid advice. Happens way too often though..

I've lost count on how many times my mind has said "Doh!" Listening to some people's stories.. What can you do though, except to try and recitify the situation.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-18-09 03:26 AM
    I have never heard of this bluealert bracelet thing but it sounds a tad overboard lol but I know what its like to lose a phone, I never wanna go there again lol

07-18-09 03:28 AM
    I have never heard of this bluealert bracelet thing but it sounds a tad overboard lol but I know what its like to lose a phone, I never wanna go there again lol
    They're actually kinda neat, if a little finicky to get setup. I used one to get myself out of the habit of leaving my phone on vibrate after work.

(Quick warning, though: they arrive sized for the wrists of Shaq and you have to mod 'em a little to get them to fit. If you've ever changed a watchband, it's cake, and there's already holes for the watchband pins but you will need a sharp knife.)
    07-18-09 03:40 AM
    Ordered one a couple weeks ago. It is really good at reminding me that I left my phone on my desk. It is a nice piece and draws questions as to the nice bracelet I am wearing. My only problem is I now need something to tell me I left the bracelet on the nightstand.

07-18-09 03:35 PM
    I tended bar for a few years and there were always 3 things left behind after a busy night-credit cards, cash on the floor and cell phones. I liked the cash on the floor part.
    07-18-09 03:39 PM
    I should start working at a bar then!!
    07-18-09 03:40 PM
    hmm thanks for the bluealert bracelet thing... thats pretty slick maybe I will check it out
    07-19-09 03:51 AM
    I should start working at a bar then!!
    Sheesh, I could probably do the bartender part. You know how many life stories I hear working at a call center?

The vengeful ex is one that calls in quite often. And as long as they're on the account, you gotta do as they say, though in your mind, you know things are about to get...interesting.
    07-20-09 12:23 AM
    Always buy insurance too. It is not our responsibility to replace your phone if you lose, break, or have it stolen. Also don't lie about having insurance if you don't. I love the typical, "well I SHOULD have it on there" comment when you know good and well you were too cheap to buy it when you got your phone.
    07-27-09 08:22 PM
    Sheesh, I could probably do the bartender part. You know how many life stories I hear working at a call center?

The vengeful ex is one that calls in quite often. And as long as they're on the account, you gotta do as they say, though in your mind, you know things are about to get...interesting.
    I know what you mean or they call in to get a number blocked cuz their g*d d*mn ex bf wont stop calling or txting lol and his sister too cuz shes a lyin b**** its fun stuff lol
    07-27-09 11:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD