I have a Curve 8330 through verizon and browsing the web never seemed as fast as it should be, sometimes the page would pop right away and other it would just sit saying "Requesting..." I'd wait for 20secs then refresh and it would either load or I would repeat the process til the page loaded. Now I just DL the Speedtest app from xtreme labs. It reports my download speed between 500-1050kbit/s (ran it several times) which is fairly good for my device I believe but my upload speed is an atrocious 5 - 24kbit/s sometimes the upload would max at bit better 90-150kbit/s but that speed quickly falls since at the end of the test the avg. is 14.4 baud modem speed. Are these results typical, if not what can I do about speeding things up a bit? thanks
    12-09-09 08:26 PM
    Those are not typical. I am averaging just under 100 up.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-09-09 09:03 PM
    I have a Curve 8330 through verizon and browsing the web never seemed as fast as it should be, sometimes the page would pop right away and other it would just sit saying "Requesting..." I'd wait for 20secs then refresh and it would either load or I would repeat the process til the page loaded. Now I just DL the Speedtest app from xtreme labs. It reports my download speed between 500-1050kbit/s (ran it several times) which is fairly good for my device I believe but my upload speed is an atrocious 5 - 24kbit/s sometimes the upload would max at bit better 90-150kbit/s but that speed quickly falls since at the end of the test the avg. is 14.4 baud modem speed. Are these results typical, if not what can I do about speeding things up a bit? thanks
    Are you tethering for that speed test or are you runing straight from your phone? If you're running straight from phone, you might as well have a kid draw a number out of a hat - that's how accurate any phone-based speed test is on a BlackBerry due to the proxy server.

It sounds like you're experiencing latency through the RIM servers. I run devices of all types - sometimes get a touch of what you're seeing on any device, but 10:1 more frequent on a BlackBerry.

To get an accurate speed test, you will need to tether using WinDUN & run the speed test from your tethered computer. At the very least, you need to tether using Access Manager - but you do need to split off of RIM server routing.
    12-09-09 11:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD