This whole week BB messages are taking forever to get delivered... we're talking hours. Anyone else?

In Ohio here..
    09-17-09 01:13 PM
    There has been a rash of RIM-related server issues affecting email & BBM. Check with VZW tech support for any ETA or resolution.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-17-09 02:11 PM
    I checked, not a known issue in the North East. Not sure where you are. Are you using 5.0 or the included version? I've been sending BBM's yesterday and today without delay.
    09-17-09 02:23 PM
    I havent been having a problem either unfortunately...
    There are no current RIM alerts either.
    09-17-09 02:36 PM
    Dan what have you tried so far in terms of troubleshooting?
    09-17-09 02:54 PM
    Dan what have you tried so far in terms of troubleshooting?

Not much. Couple reboots through out the week.
    Verizon -> Verizon = OK
    Verizon -> Sprint = sporadic problem. By this I mean, I have one sprint friend that msgs seem to go through ok. Another is constantly taking hours to send.
    09-17-09 03:17 PM
    Have your friend and you do the following>
    Soft reset-Pull batt while phone is on leave off for 45 seconds.
    Register HRT
    Send Service books
    Maybe even delete and add again as BBM contact.
    09-17-09 03:21 PM
    What he has described is network interoperability issues. Service books & registration won't help.

I have been experiencing nearly identical symptoms for the past ten days across four carriers. This tells me it isn't device related & it isn't a carrier issue.

09-17-09 04:11 PM
    BBM is strictly RIM isn't it? We provide the same server connection as sprint does... Shouldn't matter the intercarrier thing.. At least I don't think...

09-17-09 04:16 PM
    BBM is strictly RIM isn't it? We provide the same server connection as sprint does... Shouldn't matter the intercarrier thing.. At least I don't think...
    Different carrier interconnects, but you are correct - in conversation with the person sitting next to you - same carrier, same CO, same NPA-NXX, message goes from your phone to the CO switch, to the interconnect, to RIM servers, then reverse it to come back through, for an oversimplified picture.

What is happening is in problems at the interconnects & RIM servers. The Sprint to RIM interconnect may be having problems, so BBMs to/from a Sprint customer may be delayed or lost, while BBMs to/from a VZW or AT&T customer might not.

Today the problem might be with Sprint, tomorrow AT&T, the next day Sprint again, then VZW, then T-Mobile, then AT&T again, etc.

Sprint or AT&T or T-Mobile interconnect issues wouldn't show up in the VZW troubleshooting tools.

Unfortunately, one of the big issues with BlackBerry is the communications model is not as reliable as the simpler connectivity of any other device. Back in the day, we had AOL users who could access the Internet, Prodigy users who could access the Internet & Compuserve users who could access the Internet. Then there were those who didn't take the easy route & had a basic ISP. Unlike the AOL/Prodigy/Compuserve camp, ISP Internet users connected with a minimum of connections. With that, they also had fewer restrictions & faster speeds. They also didn't need to worry about the AOL/Prodigy/Compuserve servers going down or an additional layer of interconnects.

Which was used by serious computer users?

BlackBerry = AOL/Prodigy/Compuserve

All others = direct ISP connection

Which is used by serious smartphone users?

09-17-09 06:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD