Why does Skype via Blackberry on my Storm 2 not work while I am in Spain?
    It works on my buddy's iPhone on AT&T while he is here. Is there a way to use it to call other Skype accounts?
    Thanks,
    Mike
    09-20-10 08:32 AM
    Verizon's skype uses voice minutes, not data. You will get raped on your next phone bill if you call into a local number while overseas to make a skype call.
    09-20-10 08:53 AM
    Is there a way around it?
    09-20-10 09:02 AM
    No

10 chars
    09-20-10 09:04 AM
    Is it a Verizon regulation? My friend on AT&T can use his.

I am using Vodafone on my unlocked Storm2 while here. Can I do something with that?
    09-20-10 02:21 PM
    Skype is only available in the US when used over the mobile network
    Here is some FAQ's
    09-20-10 02:39 PM
    I'm suprised you can't use it overseas. There are a few signs posted at some Premium Retailers that focus Skype use for talking to soldiers overseas. I don't know if its misleading or not, but try hooking up your s2 to Wi-Fi and see if you can get it to work.
    09-20-10 02:41 PM
    Yeah even on Wi-Fi its a no-go. That is really misleading. It was one of the reasons I purchased a data plan over here was the international calling feature that seemed like it would work over here. Frustrating.
    09-20-10 02:54 PM
    Yeah, sorry about that! Hopefully you can figure something out!
    09-20-10 02:59 PM
    Yeah even on Wi-Fi its a no-go. That is really misleading. It was one of the reasons I purchased a data plan over here was the international calling feature that seemed like it would work over here. Frustrating.
    No it's not going to work internationally or over wifi. Did you even see the link I posted for the FAQ's? It's all in there. Be misinformed no more.
    09-20-10 03:01 PM
    No it's not going to work internationally or over wifi. Did you even see the link I posted for the FAQ's? It's all in there. Be misinformed no more.
    Thank you sir. Just looking for the answer that I want to hear and not necessarily the right one.
    09-20-10 03:07 PM
    Thank you sir. Just looking for the answer that I want to hear and not necessarily the right one.
    LOL! ok
    09-20-10 03:27 PM
    While the voice isn't cheap, I've yet to see a better offering than Verizon Wireless' global data plan for BlackBerry. It's an amazing value compared to the other major US competitors.
    09-20-10 04:50 PM
    I'm suprised you can't use it overseas. There are a few signs posted at some Premium Retailers that focus Skype use for talking to soldiers overseas. I don't know if its misleading or not, but try hooking up your s2 to Wi-Fi and see if you can get it to work.
    How is that misleading? You have Skype on your phone here, they have Skype on a computer over there. When they log in, they can see if you are available and can call you.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-20-10 08:30 PM
    While the voice isn't cheap, I've yet to see a better offering than Verizon Wireless' global data plan for BlackBerry. It's an amazing value compared to the other major US competitors.
    Um, you obviously haven't looked at Sprint. They offer the exact same data plan.
    09-21-10 12:00 AM
    Um, you obviously haven't looked at Sprint. They offer the exact same data plan.
    Last I saw, Sprint had removed their international data plan. Did they finally replace it?

09-21-10 07:44 AM
    Last I saw, Sprint had removed their international data plan. Did they finally replace it?

Same plan as ever but Retentions needs to add it.
    09-21-10 08:29 AM
    Same plan as ever but Retentions needs to add it.
    I'm looking on their site now, but don't see it. It was a $40 add on right? Technically, it's $5 more than VZW's Global Plan, which replaces the $30 BIS. Either way, both are tremendous values compared to AT&T's listed global data plans. I can't even find T-Mobile's, just per MB pricing (astronomical).
    09-21-10 12:28 PM
    I'm looking on their site now, but don't see it. It was a $40 add on right? Technically, it's $5 more than VZW's Global Plan, which replaces the $30 BIS. Either way, both are tremendous values compared to AT&T's listed global data plans. I can't even find T-Mobile's, just per MB pricing (astronomical).
    You're wrong about AT&T as well. Their plan is unlimited data for $69.99 but you can't add and remove it like you can on VZW. It's a 12-month option.

Basically, the big 3 all have almost identical unlimited international data plans. T-Mobile is a total waste in basically every way.
    09-21-10 12:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD