Kind of a hypothetical question. Two people have 9630's. One is in the US and the other is in Afghanistan. The one in Afghanistan has the global plan. Can they talk to eachother via skype for free? Will skype work on a verizon phone that is not in the US? Thanks.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-29-10 04:59 PM
    I'm pretty sure Skype-to-Skype calls are unlimited internationally with no extra charge.
    03-29-10 05:05 PM
    I also heard that skype will only work on your mobile device in the US though. Does anyone know if there's any truth to this?

03-29-10 05:09 PM
    I'm pretty sure Skype-to-Skype calls are unlimited internationally with no extra charge.
    Actually Skype instant messaging will be free, but international calls are charged (much cheaper than most international rates though). Verizon Skype requires credit on the skype account to make international calls as they are not billed by Verizon.
    03-29-10 05:22 PM
    The Verizon Skype BlackBerry only works on the Verizon network in the US.

It does not work outside the US.
    03-29-10 05:46 PM
    The Verizon Skype BlackBerry only works on the Verizon network in the US.

It does not work outside the US.
    I know!! That sucks. That was just updated today. We were told during the Skype training it was available internationally and now its not...maybe a software issue?...

03-29-10 10:10 PM
    Any clue if they will open it up to Alltel converts or is it going to be just for VZW branded devices?
    03-29-10 10:46 PM
    I don't know of any reason why it wouldn't work on an Alltel BB. I could be wrong though.
    03-30-10 01:55 AM
    I have an Alltel branded 8330 and I get the dreaded Verizon Only message when I launch the app.
    03-30-10 10:24 PM
    has to be on a verizon branded device
    03-30-10 11:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD