So Skype is out for z10 and just our luck.... Only for 10.1 OS wth!!!! Seems we get short end of the stick again.
    angieberry10 likes this.
    05-12-13 01:33 PM
    don't feel too bad,,, it's only a droid port that doesn't run well,,, you're not missing much til it goes native...
    05-12-13 02:14 PM
    don't feel too bad,,, it's only a droid port that doesn't run well,,, you're not missing much til it goes native...
    Actually it runs quite well,
    But still don't worry 10.1 is right around the corner, and I'm sure if Verizon does not have it, you will get an autoloader

Flicked From CB10 On My Z10
    05-12-13 02:28 PM
    There are very few areas that have gotten the update to 10.1. Don't feel bad until everyone else does and you don't.

Posted via CB10
    05-12-13 02:31 PM
    So Skype is out for z10 and just our luck.... Only for 10.1 OS wth!!!! Seems we get short end of the stick again.
    I don't know of anyone who has received the official 10.1 yet so you are not alone. But the fact that it's made available now makes me think 10.1 is coming very shortly.

Posted via CB10
    05-12-13 02:33 PM
    Well for Verizon after speaking to a rep they said 10.1 has been bumped up to mid July

Kah
    05-12-13 02:42 PM
    Well for Verizon after speaking to a rep they said 10.1 has been bumped up to mid July

Kah
    Ouch that's not good.

Posted via CB10
    05-12-13 02:43 PM

Kah
    Really? Keep in mind that most reps don't know anything about when stuff is to be released.

Posted via CB10
    05-12-13 02:47 PM

Kah
    HUH not good indeed
    05-12-13 02:48 PM
    I tweeted my carrier support about 2 weeks ago and they responded saying mid May. Did you try that with Verizon? Do they have a support twitter account?

Posted via CB10
    05-12-13 02:51 PM

Kah
    wow,,, bumped up??? wonder what is was before that??? november???
    05-12-13 03:46 PM
    I tweeted my carrier support about 2 weeks ago and they responded saying mid May. Did you try that with Verizon? Do they have a support twitter account?

Posted via CB10
    Odd, the three Verizon Tech 2s and a supervisor I have been talking with the past 4 weeks know nothing about 10.1..

Tim
    05-13-13 05:47 AM
    I have Skype side loaded on my Verizon Z10 , works fine.
    05-16-13 12:08 PM
    Also have Skype side loaded on three VZW Z10s (non 10.1). It's actually more reliable than the "Blackberry-built" Gtalk '(cr)app. Just use the Chrome Extension method... super easy.

Posted via CB10
    05-16-13 12:45 PM
    Back in the older BlackBerry days, loading an OS that wasn't carrier blessed took a minor amount of work. These days, it's so crazy simple that seriously anyone could do it. If you can make an account to post on Crackberry, you've already shown the aptitude to load one of the 10.1 leaks. I am on my third leak --10.1.0.1756 currently-- and the thing is buttery smooth and fast. Far better battery life than the Verizon stock software was and I can install things like Skype (I haven't, because I don't use it -- but I could, and many have).

I am by no means suggesting people leave their comfort zone if they don't want to... stay with Verizon's rollout schedule if you're ok with it and happy with your Z10's performance. I am just saying that the worst case thing is that you're not happy with 10.1 (can't imagine how) and you use Link to restore back to factory. Also very simple.

Seriously, it is that easy. I am not going to be a tied to any carrier, ever as far as my operating system goes. I ran off carrier builds for many years while with Sprint on older BlackBerrys, and will do the same with Verizon.

Enjoy your Z10 on your terms.
    05-21-13 07:17 PM
    Back in the older BlackBerry days, loading an OS that wasn't carrier blessed took a minor amount of work. These days, it's so crazy simple that seriously anyone could do it. If you can make an account to post on Crackberry, you've already shown the aptitude to load one of the 10.1 leaks. I am on my third leak --10.1.0.1756 currently-- and the thing is buttery smooth and fast. Far better battery life than the Verizon stock software was and I can install things like Skype (I haven't, because I don't use it -- but I could, and many have).

I am by no means suggesting people leave their comfort zone if they don't want to... stay with Verizon's rollout schedule if you're ok with it and happy with your Z10's performance. I am just saying that the worst case thing is that you're not happy with 10.1 (can't imagine how) and you use Link to restore back to factory. Also very simple.

Seriously, it is that easy. I am not going to be a tied to any carrier, ever as far as my operating system goes. I ran off carrier builds for many years while with Sprint on older BlackBerrys, and will do the same with Verizon.

Enjoy your Z10 on your terms.
    No re-input of passwords or anything like that? I've been apprehensive of updating an OS even though I've been doing it on BBs for many years.
    05-21-13 08:44 PM
    No re-input of passwords or anything like that? I've been apprehensive of updating an OS even though I've been doing it on BBs for many years.
    You can take a backup first, run the autoloader (it doesn't take long) then when the phone first starts it's like it's fresh from the box. So you'll want to go through the connect to a wireless network thing, input your BBID and go through the annoying gestures tutorial. After that, just restore your backup in from Link.

Your accounts will be there, but yes, you *will* be asked for the passwords again, but that's about it -- the hub will have a message for each account. A full backup, reload, restore and setup again usually takes less than an hour total (most of it is that Link takes a while to do backup and restores; the actual loading of the OS is pretty fast).

Strangely, the only thing that never restores is your wallpaper selection. Weird, but not a big deal.... I just reset it. The rest is just as it was before the wipe / restore, but faster and better.

The main thing is have a nice backup first -- which everyone should do anyway. Some people like to do a super clean load and just reinstall their apps, get their contacts back on (by whichever method - Gmail, Contact X, maybe you have them on your SIM or whatever), and hand configure it all over again. I jsut don't have that sort of time or interest. Backups from older versions have always worked just fine on the 10.1 releases.

And remember, you can always use Link to put the stock OS back on if you don't care for 10.1. I doubt you'll be disappointed though. Check out http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-leaked-beta-os-f395/ and make sure it's for the STL-100-4 and you're set!

http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le...-hours-798224/ Here's a thread specifically about the 1756 leak for the 100-4 model we use.
    Last edited by eninrebmun; 05-22-13 at 01:58 AM. Reason: added a link
    Ruby_red21 likes this.
    05-22-13 01:54 AM
    When is coming new version 10.1
    05-22-13 09:49 AM
    Also have Skype side loaded on three VZW Z10s (non 10.1). It's actually more reliable than the "Blackberry-built" Gtalk '(cr)app. Just use the Chrome Extension method... super easy.

Posted via CB10

uh quick question, huh lol. I really need Skype on my Z10 like yesterday, but I have absolutely no clue how to put it on my phone since I do not have the new OS 10.1 update. Please help!!!
    05-22-13 11:19 PM