i just did a no no while trying to delete some stuff. i need to resend service books to restore bb browser. where do i do that?

yeah i tried searching

resend service books
    verizon bb site

and a bunch of other terms. just not seeing it.
    07-19-08 09:39 AM
    login to Verizon.com and look for bb internet email options or try this on your phone go to options/advanced options/host routing table hit the menu button then register now
    07-19-08 09:44 AM
    TO get the browser back you can on the deivce go to options>advanced options>Host Routing Tables> menu> register now.

The site for the BIS where you can send service books is BlackBerry Internet Service FOR VZW
    07-19-08 09:44 AM
    blueberry23 and lastraid -
    thanks alot. saved me a ton of time.

what does that actually do? or is it just F.M.?
    07-19-08 09:48 AM
    Reg Now - registeres the device with the data network and resends service books.

FM?
    07-19-08 09:58 AM
    thanks again, and good looking out.

i love this site.
    07-19-08 10:07 AM
    Just FYI: if you want to actually resend the service books and you don't want to sit on hold and wade through a menu to ask someone at verizon to do it for you, you go to Email Setup on your phone.
    Choose add/edit email accounts and log in to your blackberry Internet Service account. Then you choose: HELP and hidden under there is a button called "Resend Service Books".

As a UI professional I can't stress enough how annoyed I am that they choose to put an importing advanced action under the "Help" link which should just be help. Which I told the helpful verizon person on the phone who was entirely unclear on why I was so mad.
    Anyway, FYI.
    04-26-10 01:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD