Didn't know whether to post this in the Storm or Curve 8900 forum cause I didn't feel like getting bashed so I came here.

I am a Storm owner and was wondering if I could unlock the Curve 8900 using the Storm's "SIM card"?
    02-01-09 10:02 PM
    Nope can't use the 8900 on a cdma carrier. It will work on gsm only. But the storm will work on gsm. They run on different frequencies
    02-01-09 10:22 PM
    Oh and to clarify also a sim card will not unlock the phone. Only a code will unlock it
    02-01-09 10:23 PM
    That SIM card on the Storm is for over-seas travel. In the States, you use CMDA, out of the States, you use GSM (SIM card)
    02-01-09 10:51 PM
    Thanks guys.
    02-01-09 10:59 PM
    That SIM card on the Storm is for over-seas travel. In the States, you use CMDA, out of the States, you use GSM (SIM card)
    ok, maybe a dumb question but is the sim card on? Does it even go on? Never had a sim card phone (always with verizon) so is it activated or what? You know vw, always charging to turn on stuff...Planning to go to Japan and need to know if it will just work or if I have to do something with it. BTW, travel agent said that phones from US won't work in Japan (Okinawa actually) but the vw rep says yes. Is there a way to find out if card is 'on'?
    02-10-09 02:40 PM
    ok, maybe a dumb question but is the sim card on? Does it even go on? Never had a sim card phone (always with verizon) so is it activated or what? You know vw, always charging to turn on stuff...Planning to go to Japan and need to know if it will just work or if I have to do something with it. BTW, travel agent said that phones from US won't work in Japan (Okinawa actually) but the vw rep says yes. Is there a way to find out if card is 'on'?
    The Storm will work in Japan, you just have to call customer care to ensure that your SIM is active on your account. (The rep that sold you the phone was supposed to do it originally but it is skipped a lot of times)
    02-10-09 03:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD