I was looking upgrade my phone within the next couple of months, but with the way technology changes I feel like I would want to upgrade to another phone within a year (especially with windows mobile 7/LTE coming out around then). I am the primary line on the 1400 Family Talk plan so I am also eligible for annual upgrades. Is there any advantage then to signing a 1 year contract instead of a 2 year contract then since I can upgrade at 12 months anyway?
    01-24-10 10:18 PM
    In your case, two year probably works out anyways. As long as you're never going to drop below $49.99 for monthly access on your primary, you still have your annual upgrade so I'd said do the 2 year
    01-24-10 10:26 PM
    Yeah you get an uprade at 10 months versus 12 months.
    01-24-10 10:27 PM
    You'll pay $70 more to upgrade 2 months sooner. Is that worth it?
    01-24-10 11:26 PM
    Thanks for the help guys, that's pretty much what I was expecting to hear, just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing anything. I'll just stick with the 2 year and pocket the extra 70. 2 months isn't a big deal.
    01-25-10 12:16 AM
    I have the same plan as yours. Primary line gets a 2 year contract, and all the others have 1 year contracts. I don't mind paying the extra $20 upgrade fee to get a new phone every year. Plus if you carry insurance on your primary line, like I do, if you decide to keep your phone past the 1 year mark, I cancel the insurance and then upgrade if I have an issue with the phone.
    01-25-10 10:09 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD