10-29-10 09:23 PM
77 1234
tools
    I've had my bold for a couple months and yesterday and today are the first time I've ever exp going from 3G to Red X etc... hopefully they're working on something
    08-30-10 12:55 PM
    If it makes you feel any better TMO in my area is jumping all over and sometimes losing signal sitting in the same place.
    08-30-10 01:00 PM
    A few months ago my signal went from solid 5 bars one day to bouncing non-stop,. This signal bounce was causing massive battery drain anywhere from 15 to 20% per hour. I got a new phone, new battery, tried multiple OSes, and nothing solved the problem. Then all of a sudden, a few days ago, my signal strength came back and battery drain dropped back to the 2-3% again.

I always thought there was something going on with VZW's towers as my signal bounce came on so suddenly and was relentless. Plus, I went to Italy for 10 days and had no problems at all with signal bounce. And now that it's suddenly back to normal, I'm sure it's the towers and not the phone.

Maybe there is some sort of upgrade taking place and your problems, liek mine, will suddenly go away as mysteriously as they stated. Good luck.
    08-30-10 10:52 PM
    Alot of discussion of crappy jumping signal on Verizon. So i wanted to show video of mine aka proof! lol Most up to date PRL and Verizon OS. This happens in all different areas. Happens when sitting in one spot as seen in vid. I believe there is a problem somewhere within verizon towers. As you can see, the signal jumps from full or close to full to none. Doesnt slowly go up or down, just jumps!!

And yes the vids are nothing but quiet and my screen! lol

09-03-10 12:13 AM
    I have tour running .732 that seems to have the same problems lately. I live in NE Ohio.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-03-10 01:39 AM
    I had this with 2 tours also, so my reason to think its not the phone

09-03-10 07:27 AM
    9630/5.0.0.975 OS fixed this for me. Anyone else?

10-16-10 07:44 AM
    Does OS 975 for Bold fix signal flux?

10-16-10 08:21 AM
    Someone in thread http://forums.crackberry.com/f172/no...erizon-539629/ said that it didn't fix the issue for his Bold. But that seems strange. The VZW Bold and Tour are essentially the same device, now with the same OS. I'd say get the newest OS and see for yourself. So far I still have not had the issue since upgrading to 9630/5.0.0.975.

10-16-10 08:47 AM
    It's a widespread hardware issue with CDMA Bolds, Tours and certain Curves. Some will say it's a tower issue but when you have Motorola devices like the Droid X or Droid 2 that DON'T have this signal fluctuating issue, it's clearly not the network.
    10-16-10 10:42 AM
    Its a known software issue! Not hardware. Others on other networks have no problems. This new releases yesterday hope fic the problem

10-16-10 01:07 PM
    Its a known software issue! Not hardware. Others on other networks have no problems. This new releases yesterday hope fic the problem

I've runned 5.0.0.975 (official OS) and 6.0.0.280 (latest OS6 leak) and my 9650 still has the fluctuating issue. Sprint has this issue as well. I have a feeling it's the EVDO radio inside BlackBerry devices.
    10-16-10 03:25 PM
    My 8530 has been doimg the same thing. Big Red kept telling me it was a device issue. Worked on the first one with a tech for a hour and a half. He said it was device. Got a new one not a refurb.....same thing.....call 1 hour after tech works with me he says...its a bad device.....I'm on a third one now and it does the same thing......maybe its not the device DUH!

10-16-10 04:04 PM
    My 8530 has been doimg the same thing. Big Red kept telling me it was a device issue. Worked on the first one with a tech for a hour and a half. He said it was device. Got a new one not a refurb.....same thing.....call 1 hour after tech works with me he says...its a bad device.....I'm on a third one now and it does the same thing......maybe its not the device DUH!

It's a known widespread hardware issue that CDMA BlackBerry's signal fluctuates. Basically ALL Verizon/Sprint Bolds-Tours-Curves have this issue. On the other hand GSM BlackBerry's don't have this isssue. If it were software releated it would've being fixed last year when the Tour was having this issue.
    10-16-10 07:16 PM
    My VZW 8330 didn't have this issue.

10-16-10 07:20 PM
    Must be a Storm2 issue as well because mine does it quite often too. My original Storm2 and my CPO Storm2 both. Mine is so bad, I can be on a call it drops the call with no service then right back to full service again in a few seconds. Pretty annoying.
    10-18-10 10:14 AM
    I'm still having it with 975. Freaking blows man.

10-21-10 04:12 PM
    Yes, I noticed yesterday that I'm still getting the signal fluctuation issue. Not as much as on the previous OS at all, but still a pain.

10-21-10 04:27 PM
    Yes, I noticed yesterday that I'm still getting the signal fluctuation issue. Not as much as on the previous OS at all, but still a pain.

Have you called CS and had your signal analyzed? Also, does your signal bounce when you're outdoors? As you probably know, VZW won't really work with you on indoor signal bounce. I have spend a lot of time on the phone with tech support and the end result was a hybrid PRL that stabilized my signal. I now have very little signal bounce, usually between 4 - 5 bars.

10-21-10 04:42 PM
    Try the following: have a friend with a non-BB device stand right next to you, set both devices to show dBm for signal strength and watch if they jump around or if only one does.

My Tour always fluctuated where family members' Droids never fluctuated like it did. My Droid 2 has a very slight fluctuation here and there but not the +/- 10dBm swing my Tour had and it doesn't continually drop 3G.
    10-21-10 05:16 PM
    Yes, I've called CS and tech support. They had me update my PRL, sent me a new 9630. Neither work. The signal fluctuation happens inside and outside. It happens all the time.

10-22-10 07:45 PM
    I had to argue to get a new phone. Have it coming on Tuesday so fingers crossed it works.

10-24-10 11:17 PM
    Yes, I've called CS and tech support. They had me update my PRL, sent me a new 9630. Neither work. The signal fluctuation happens inside and outside. It happens all the time.

Once it was verified that I had signal issues OUTSIDE and I was only .7 mile from a VZW tower, tech support filed a report and very soon thereafter, a HYBRID PRL showed up on my device and my signal stabilized. This was after several calls to CS. Patience, perseverance, and VZWs willingness and ability to follow through fixed the issue...for me. VZW might say this is not an option for someone else.

It seems from other posts that the signal bounce issue has spread to customers who did not have the problem in the past, even with the Tour or Bold, both of which seem to have similar signal issues. Of course, one cannot get a straight answer from VZW, but it seems they have been reconfiguring their towers in the wake of the Alltel takeover and signal issues have arisen as a result. I know that many poster and VZW techs blame the radio in these devices, but VZW has proved to me they can fix a signal bounce issue. Also, some have reported a more stable signal with the .983 release for the Bold as well as the OS6 leak.

10-28-10 08:03 AM
    The 975 leak fixed it just a bit. I just put os6 on my new bold, rather certified new, that big red sent me. Tomorrow I will post up if it works. As by my house its a bit more stable but I still have yet to try it where I work and see if it is the real deal. Only issue aside small ones with os6 is the email font. When I get a email its huge the letters how do I make it smaller

10-28-10 07:13 PM
    When I got my 9650, I had verizon's 5.0.0.743, reception bounced like crazy. Installed the 6.0.0.280, reception still bouced up and down. I flipped my sim today...what a difference! work e-mail had a minimum of 7-12 minute delay. Since the flip, I am down to 1-2 minutes of delay for the push. I strongly recommend this for anyone who isn't travelling outside the states! Good, clean, simple fix! Thanks!
    10-29-10 12:09 PM
77 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD