Hey all,

Has anyone else in the Metro DC area (I'm in Northern VA) been having trouble with their signal strength of late? I've seen signal flucuate from 1 to 5 bars (or more specifically, from -100 to -80 dBs) without me even moving. I'm also getting fewer bars in places I used to have fairly solid strength. In comparisson, my AT&T personal phone (Verizon phone is for work) has been holding steady at between 3-5 bars no matter where I go. Seems odd to me, since Verizon used to trump AT&T almost everywhere.

Oh, signal has been issue both on my Storm, and a friends Curve.
    12-27-08 09:06 PM
    Hey all,

Has anyone else in the Metro DC area (I'm in Northern VA) been having trouble with their signal strength of late? I've seen signal flucuate from 1 to 5 bars (or more specifically, from -100 to -80 dBs) without me even moving. I'm also getting fewer bars in places I used to have fairly solid strength. In comparisson, my AT&T personal phone (Verizon phone is for work) has been holding steady at between 3-5 bars no matter where I go. Seems odd to me, since Verizon used to trump AT&T almost everywhere.

I have seen the same thing.
    12-27-08 09:40 PM
    i havent had any issues and im in md ...close to dc
    12-28-08 12:52 AM
    Hey all,

one thing for sure there should be some issues comming soon due to obama's inagaration (might be spelled wrong) lol lol
    12-28-08 12:55 AM
    I to live in the DC area (so. md)
    I keep looking outside to see when all those Verizon people will show up. My storm bounces from 0 to 3 bars while I am in my house. My wife has an EVN2 and has no problems. Just about every day I am call *228 option 2 to update the roaming conection. So far I dont think that has improved anything. This is not my first smartphone. It is however my first phone with Verizon. Sprint coveage was much matter then this.....
    I am thinking about going back to them but still hoping that it might be a program issue with the storm.
    I do love the storm. I have not had any problems with it so far. Offer then the fact I wish I could get better connection......
    12-28-08 02:24 PM
    I to live in the DC area (so. md)
    I keep looking outside to see when all those Verizon people will show up. My storm bounces from 0 to 3 bars while I am in my house. My wife has an EVN2 and has no problems. Just about every day I am call *228 option 2 to update the roaming conection. So far I dont think that has improved anything. This is not my first smartphone. It is however my first phone with Verizon. Sprint coveage was much matter then this.....
    I am thinking about going back to them but still hoping that it might be a program issue with the storm.
    I do love the storm. I have not had any problems with it so far. Offer then the fact I wish I could get better connection......
    That is about the same as my experience. I thought at first it was an issue with verizon, but now I'm starting to wonder if it's more a Storm issue. For whatever reason the storm is struggling to hold signal, where other verizon phones are fine. I wonder if it's a software or hardware issue...I'm tempted to say hardware because it isn't even a universal problem with storms.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-28-08 02:54 PM
    one thing for sure there should be some issues comming soon due to obama's inagaration (might be spelled wrong) lol lol
    Please calm down people, yes they are working on the network for the president swearing in ceremony! They are expecting 1 million people to attend which will over load the network. So they have to send in crews to install more equipment and that takes time.
    12-28-08 02:55 PM
    what is a good singal strenght to have?

Mine hoover around -100 to -115 sometimes it drops to -86

I dont buy the fact that they are working this issue that much. If they are working on this then it should have already started to improve.

I use my phone for work more then home, so I need a good phone, I can not afford to have drop calls or calls that I can not understand people when I am on the phone.

Why would an nv2 have better connections
    12-28-08 04:16 PM
    I am also having this problem with my Storm. It fluctuates from 3 bars to none (or one) when I am sitting in my favorite chair at home. I live near Frederick. I wonder if the OS updates help this.
    03-18-09 07:19 PM
    I am also having this problem with my Storm. It fluctuates from 3 bars to none (or one) when I am sitting in my favorite chair at home. I live near Frederick. I wonder if the OS updates help this.
    OS updates might help - signal issues on the Storm have been documented. I've not had trouble in the area personally, but then again, I don't live there. I should say I thankfully don't live there, as the stench from Capitol Hill & the Oval Office is probably unbearable.

Check with VZW tech support to see if they have any solutions. I know someone previously mentioned better signal with enV phones, but that is to be expected - LG & Samsung dumbphones are known to latch on to signals like bulldogs and are typically a little better than smartphones in this regard.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-18-09 07:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD