I prolly will be switching to verizon when the storm comes out (after some reviews and trying it for my self. I mean cmon, things fresh, cant wait). I kno the price of the phone is still unknown, that I don't care about right now, what I need to kno is how much will be signing up for verizon cost me? How much are security deposits and such?

I'm on tmobiles pre pay plan right now, which was perfect because I didn't have any credit (not bad credit, just not enough at 20 years old) and I didn't have to put down any thing besides the month of use, and the price of the first blackberry. Not sure if there is a termination fee, shouldn't be tho.

Anyone with any knowledge of this? Thanks!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-07-08 02:45 AM
    A deposit depends on your credit and none of us can tell you that. Besides are deposit the only other thing will be a $36 activation fee on your first bill.

10-07-08 09:55 AM
    A deposit depends on your credit and none of us can tell you that. Besides are deposit the only other thing will be a $36 activation fee on your first bill.

Correct. I can tell you this, however: I hope you have EXCELLENT credit, because Verizon is very strict and the deposits are relatively high for this carrier if your credit is sub-par. Just a heads-up.
    10-07-08 10:01 AM
    Also, I'm sure this is the same with most carriers, your first month's bill will be high. You get pro-rated for the current part of the month you use when you join, and for the entire next month.
    10-07-08 10:06 AM
    Also, I'm sure this is the same with most carriers, your first month's bill will be high. You get pro-rated for the current part of the month you use when you join, and for the entire next month.
    Also true, which is why it's best to sign up with a new carrier toward the very end of the month.
    10-07-08 10:07 AM
    This really doesn't make sense, but I know of two people on two separate occasions that had the following happen; each individual went to a storefront Verizon and tried to sign up for new service. They were both told they would have to pay a $150.00 deposit. They both decided not to pay the $150.00. Then both of them were able to get new service without paying any deposit when they signed up at verizonwireless.com. So I guess maybe credit standards are overlooked when signing up online? ?
    10-07-08 10:19 AM
    This really doesn't make sense, but I know of two people on two separate occasions that had the following happen; each individual went to a storefront Verizon and tried to sign up for new service. They were both told they would have to pay a $150.00 deposit. They both decided not to pay the $150.00. Then both of them were able to get new service without paying any deposit when they signed up at verizonwireless.com. So I guess maybe credit standards are overlooked when signing up online? ?
    Interesting. I cannot imagine that by simply signing up online, you would not have to pass a credit check or pay any sort of deposit. Hmmmm...
    10-07-08 10:21 AM
    All my new carrier plan and phone purchases are always done online and on third party site. You get better deals on phones that way. I got the Razr for free when it was still like $100 in stores. When I switch to T-Mob I actually made money by going to a 3rd party site because the phone was free and had a mail in rebate so I ended up actually making like $15 by going to T-mob. I have never had to pay the security deposit ever since I was 18.
    10-07-08 11:36 AM
    Sometimes you can get the Activation Fee waived if your credit is really good. but is completely depends on your credit.
    10-07-08 01:15 PM
    I still just don't understand how someone with, let's say, bad credit can walk into a store and have to pay a deposit, but can sign up online and avoid all credit issues. How does that make sense?
    10-07-08 01:18 PM
    if you gyus dont work for the company please dont assume you just make an *** out of u and me deposits are 400.00 if you have no credit or bad credit, if you have limited credit it will be 125.00(no way around that unless your opening up like 5 lines)and you will get it back after a year with interest as long as you pay on time, activation fees cannot be waived due to the crazy budget verizon is going on but you can get 25.00 refferal credit act fees are 35.00 for prim lines and 25.00 for sec lines

ps i can ship you the phone 2 weeks before releases if you want to port over your number
    10-07-08 01:31 PM
    if you gyus dont work for the company please dont assume you just make an *** out of u and me deposits are 400.00 if you have no credit or bad credit, if you have limited credit it will be 125.00(no way around that unless your opening up like 5 lines)and you will get it back after a year with interest as long as you pay on time, activation fees cannot be waived due to the crazy budget verizon is going on but you can get 25.00 refferal credit act fees are 35.00 for prim lines and 25.00 for sec lines

ps i can ship you the phone 2 weeks before releases if you want to port over your number
    Do you really feel that was necessary? Really?
    10-07-08 01:39 PM
    its funny how one little cs rep can speak for the entire corporation concerning budget issues... hmm....
    10-07-08 01:53 PM
    All my new carrier plan and phone purchases are always done online and on third party site. You get better deals on phones that way. I got the Razr for free when it was still like $100 in stores. When I switch to T-Mob I actually made money by going to a 3rd party site because the phone was free and had a mail in rebate so I ended up actually making like $15 by going to T-mob. I have never had to pay the security deposit ever since I was 18.
    You have to be careful with signing up for service with a third party store. My friend got a BlackBerry Pearl pretty cheap at a kiosk at the mall. Turns out in the fine print it stated he had to pay the third party an extra $75 on top of the ETF he had to pay to get out of his T-Mobile contract. Of course you don't have to worry about it if you don't plan on canceling early.
    10-07-08 02:33 PM
    I still just don't understand how someone with, let's say, bad credit can walk into a store and have to pay a deposit, but can sign up online and avoid all credit issues. How does that make sense?
    you're right. the deposit will be the same regardless of where you sign up. online, indirect, corp, other 3rd parties.

but, hey, you get the deposit back after a year! so it's really like a savings account! plus, when you pay your bill on time and in full (i know you will) you will be building up your credit! wow.
    10-07-08 02:38 PM

i've been getting my waived act fees approved. this is very store dependant.
    Last edited by chrisy520; 10-07-08 at 02:44 PM.
    10-07-08 02:40 PM
    Sometimes if you order online it will not show that you have to pay a deposit but still may be required to activate service. Build that credit up son I was approved for 5 lines with no credit when I was 19, credit is everything in the times we live in.

10-07-08 02:47 PM
    Correction, make that no deposit when I was 19

10-07-08 02:49 PM
    Sometimes if you order online it will not show that you have to pay a deposit but still may be required to activate service. Build that credit up son I was approved for 5 lines with no credit when I was 19, credit is everything in the times we live in.

i agree with all statements!

i never thought i'd need credit when i was 18. but it has come in handy many times! getting phones, car, house. credit is sometimes more important than having tons of cash (cash rich, credit poor).
    10-07-08 02:50 PM
    its funny how one little cs rep can speak for the entire corporation concerning budget issues... hmm....
    cs rep haa ive been in retail for 8 years management experience been in just about every department in the store please keep your comments to yourself before i disconnect your servicel lol
    10-07-08 04:42 PM
    cs rep haa ive been in retail for 8 years management experience been in just about every department in the store please keep your comments to yourself before i disconnect your servicel lol
    Uhhh oh kstout.... Better be quiet before the sales rep with management experience shuts your ish off!!
    10-07-08 04:45 PM
    I am not entirely sure what a deposit will be because it all depends on your credit. I can however tell you that if you sign up online generaly there is an instant rebate instead of a mail in rebate. This is not always the case but it will say right in the information about the phone on the site. Hope this helps a little. BERRY ON
    10-07-08 05:00 PM
    Uhhh oh kstout.... Better be quiet before the sales rep with management experience shuts your ish off!!
    yea thats what happens when the company starts cutting down sales reps make more than managers, i am not the only one that demoted myself shush too many funny customers
    10-07-08 05:00 PM
    I'm guessing this, as with most other issues, is carrier specific. I am 23 and have never opened up a credit card account personally and I just started paying my own cell phone bill this month (spoiled, I know). And I didn't have to pay a deposit, just the $36 activation fee.
    10-07-08 05:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD