Has any one found a cure for the issue of sideloaded apps on a Verizon Z10 not being able to detect a network connection without WiFi? I have tried the suggestion of making sure I open a sideloaded app right after restarting the phone and this does not work for me. Are there any Verizon users out there who encountered this and found a working, permanent solution?

Posted via CB10
    05-23-13 01:04 PM
    Which apps are you using?

Just to help out anyone here that might have an answer for you...
    05-23-13 01:12 PM
    I never had a issue with that..what apps you trying to run.

Posted via CB10
    05-23-13 06:46 PM
    Just tried three side load Droid apps and all connected repeatedly.

My PlayBook side loads do, however, give me that error more times than not.

Tim

Posted using a Z10
    05-23-13 07:26 PM
    I've had the issue with Words with Friends, Facebook Page Manager, the old version of Flip board, and Pandora...

Posted via CB10
    05-23-13 08:12 PM
    It's a known issue by blackberry. Hopefully 10.1 fixes it.

Posted via CB10
    05-23-13 08:21 PM
    You have to pin the bar at the bottom and leave it. I got the tip from another thread. You can bring it up by swiping down from the top. I guess you have to do it as soon as the phone reboots and you startup an android port.

Kinda annoying since I get random reboots every night, and I have to restart the phone again every morning to wait for the app player to reboot so I can pin the bar. The worst is the wifi only issue effects songza and I want to listen to it first thing in the morning.

Patiently waiting for some type of update of something.

Posted via CB10
    05-23-13 08:49 PM
    Has any one found a cure for the issue of sideloaded apps on a Verizon Z10 not being able to detect a network connection without WiFi? I have tried the suggestion of making sure I open a sideloaded app right after restarting the phone and this does not work for me. Are there any Verizon users out there who encountered this and found a working, permanent solution?

Posted via CB10
    All my sideloaded apps work just fine. I do have a few times per week where I lose connection so I'll have to use WIFI. For me, if I restart my phone it will connect back to the network. But it does get annoying have to restart my phone. If I don't use my android sideloaded apps, during, then it doesn't drop connection.

I just installed the latest leaked OS and dropping signal has not happened so far. So perhaps the issue is fixed.
    05-25-13 01:20 PM
    I have recently discovered the distinction between "restart" and "REALLY restart" on the Z10.

If you press the power button down for a few seconds until you get a menu, and then select "restart" from that menu,that's the first sort of restart.

If you press and hold the power button for at least 10 seconds and you get the "LTE" screen, then the screen goes off and stays off, that's the second sort of restart. (Basically a full power-down, then you have to hold the power button again to start it back up.)

I have found that once the Android apps (and I'm only referring to officially ported Android apps, I have never sideloaded anything) get into the "no network" state, they will all suffer that problem until you restart the device, BUT IT HAS TO BE THE 2ND KIND OF 'BATTERY PULL' SORT OF RESTART. (Because if you wanted to, you could probably pull the battery and accomplish the same thing as "restart type #2", but I really don't like physically pulling the battery just to restart a mobile electronic device.)

Anyway - it seems that the first Android app that launches after such a restart launches/initializes the Android runtime. And as long as that initializes properly, it seems to work fine for most apps after the first one launched. I have noticed that sometimes even the first app doesn't seem to initialize the runtime right, and I get errors. Last time that happened, I tried a different Android app, that ran fine, and then everything was fine after that.

I hear that there have been significant improvements to the Android runtime in 10.1. (Though we will have to wait until the fall when 10.2 is scheduled for release for the newer JellyBean Android runtime.)
    05-29-13 09:02 PM