Hi all,

I just upgraded from a nearly 4 year old Samsung i-730 to a BB Curve. I am really enjoying the Curve so far, but am hearing about all kinds of new phones coming out soon. Such as the Thunder/Storm etc.

I have a couple more weeks in which the Curve can still be returned and can continue using the i-730 until a "better" phone option becomes available.

The main thing is thinking two more years before I can get another phone, so I want to make best choice right now. Thanks for any thoughts!
    08-27-08 05:39 PM
    The Curve is a really good device, proven to be reliable.

Based on the price people are paying for the Bold in Canada, I would think the cost of the Thunder will be pretty high when it is released, even with a new plan discount.

Guess it depends on how much you want to spend?

I'll be sticking with my Curve until the price of a new model is around $300.
    08-27-08 07:23 PM
    The curve is a great device. The next time you are eligable for an upgrade their will be other great BBs for cheap. Also if a new device comes, you can always sell your curve in order to help pay for the new blackberry .

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-27-08 07:27 PM
    If you like the Curve keep it. THere is no official release date for anything else at the moment.
    08-27-08 07:31 PM
    Hi all,

I just upgraded from a nearly 4 year old Samsung i-730 to a BB Curve. I am really enjoying the Curve so far, but am hearing about all kinds of new phones coming out soon. Such as the Thunder/Storm etc.

I have a couple more weeks in which the Curve can still be returned and can continue using the i-730 until a "better" phone option becomes available.

The main thing is thinking two more years before I can get another phone, so I want to make best choice right now. Thanks for any thoughts!
    I wouldn't trade my Curve for anything. Its been the most reliable and durable.I've used the Tmobile Wing, Sidekick 08, Razr's, Samsungs, Nokias, iphones,LG's, Treo's and finally Blackberry's.... I always end up going back to Blackberry

08-27-08 09:27 PM
    Keep the curve!

08-27-08 09:39 PM
    Keep the Curve because:

1. Thunder release date is not even known
    2. The device will be expensive for a few months and will have kinks and bugs
    3. By the time it gets cheaper and the software is optimized, a long time would have passed. You sure dont want to miss the Curve experience for such a long time!
    08-27-08 09:46 PM
    Thanks for the helpful replies. After having the Samsung i-730...kinda a "swiss army knife" of phones for so long, I am really liking the ease and basic tools the curve offers. The i-730 does everything my desktop computer does (well, maybe a little exageration...lol) But the Curve offers a better experience at the basics...phone, eMail, contacts etc. ...if I could only load up free-cell ... it would be perfect...lol

Do people recommend the insurance plan for your Curve? I never buy those plans, and so far so good...knock on wood! Doing the math i figure $5.00 /mo x 24 months = $120 plus a replacement phone is like another $50...bringing overall insurance cost to a potential $170. I figure in a couple if years (and probably less) you could pick up a Curve on Craig's list or eBay for around that price?

Anyway what are your thoughts ... and thanks again!
    08-28-08 04:00 AM
    The insurance thing is how you want to pay for things. The curve is the first phone I put insurance on.

I don't do Craig's list or eBay, so insurance works for me.

I will carry insurance for the first 12 months, then drop the insurance. After 12 months I can upgrade for the discount price, however not get my new every 2 deal.
    08-28-08 06:29 AM
    Decided to keep the Curve, but plan on changing my 2 year agreement to 1 year. This costs more (obviously) but at least I am not stuck in a long term contract. By the time my one year contract is up...will be able to get a storm, niagra, bold (or just keep the Curve)...or whatever and hopefully prices and bugs will be worked out around that time-frame.

So thanks all for the great suggestions!
    09-02-08 03:03 PM
    If you paid more than 50 bucks for the curve, RETURN IT! And go back a buy it again. Best buy has it for 50 as well.

They were robbing people a week or two ago for 179, its now 49 bucks for a 8330 curve!

I haven't checked but wirefly usually has retailers best by 50 bucks... For the same service and same phone.

Curve is great, I love my pearl. But I'm holding out to try thunder when it launches!

Good luck!

P~

09-02-08 03:10 PM
    If I were you I would wait atleast untill sept 12 and see if there is a release date for the storm at that time then make your decesion

09-02-08 03:15 PM
    Wait a minute I just purchased the Curve with the 2yr contract two weeks ago for $132.00 at the Verizon store, I got boned huh.
    09-08-08 05:33 PM
    ^ GroundZ...does that include taxes? Also do you get the $70 rebate? If not, you should be able to return phone and get the better price. Best of luck to you and congrats...I think you will like your phone alot!

A Little OT...but, my favorite thing about the Curve is being able to do most things "one-handed" ... unlike my touch screen i-730. Nice when driving and drinking a beer at the same time. .....Just kidding!!!!
    09-08-08 05:40 PM
    I dont think it included Tax. I loved my 8830 WE, I just hated not having a camera and also not being able to send or receive pics. The Curve can do all that, so I am happy
    09-08-08 06:07 PM
    Wait a minute I just purchased the Curve with the 2yr contract two weeks ago for $132.00 at the Verizon store, I got boned huh.

Well the VZW website has it for $169.99 with a $70.00 online discount making it $99.99, and if you had your NE2 then it would have been free, if not then the promo price is $99.99
    09-08-08 06:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD