06-25-08 12:05 AM
33 12
tools
    I'm eligible for the new every two on July 12th and I'm pretty sure I will get the $100 dollar credit, as well.

But, I really want the curve now. I know it should be pretty plain and simple. If I get the 100$ credit, then I should wait and it will be cheaper. But, the more time I spend on these forums and the more time I look at the curve on line the more I want it in my hands today!

And as a side note, I'm also going to get the 29.99 data plan, and upgrade from the 5 dollar texting plan to the 10 dollar texting plan with the In-texting which is who i text to most. So, I will be paying 40 dollars on my family's bill. Not too bad if you ask me.

So, what do you guys think?
    06-23-08 04:47 PM
    Do it, I would.
    06-23-08 04:49 PM
    Just do it! I promise you won't regret it.
    06-23-08 04:50 PM
    Does your contract end on the 12th? Because you're eligible for the new every 2 pricing before the end of your contract, I just got my curve friday with the new every 2 pricing and my previous contract doesnt end until next month.
    By the way, I love the Curve! Good choice
    06-23-08 04:57 PM
    Do you mean I should wait or go ahead and do it now?

I just spoke with a verizon rep and he said that it would be 219 when I go to upgrade, plus the 100 dollar credit, making it 119 and then a 70 dollar rebate would make it around 50 dollars after all is said and done.
    06-23-08 05:06 PM
    Does your contract end on the 12th? Because you're eligible for the new every 2 pricing before the end of your contract, I just got my curve friday with the new every 2 pricing and my previous contract doesnt end until next month.
    By the way, I love the Curve! Good choice

No, I'm eligible for the NE2 pricing on the 12th. My contract ends on November 11th.
    06-23-08 05:07 PM
    Do you mean I should wait or go ahead and do it now?

I just spoke with a verizon rep and he said that it would be 219 when I go to upgrade, plus the 100 dollar credit, making it 119 and then a 70 dollar rebate would make it around 50 dollars after all is said and done.
    I meant get it Haha, sorry
    06-23-08 05:09 PM
    I meant get it Haha, sorry
    Ah, okay!

No worries, Just wanted to clear that up! If I get it and am really happy with, I can see BlackBerry being my number one choice as a cellphone/smartphone and pda
    06-23-08 05:11 PM
    I would call vzw and tell them you want to upgrade early and see what they say. I upgraded my curve on May 22nd and my NE2 was not due until July 29th. And I got my $100 upgrade credit.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-23-08 05:12 PM
    Ah, okay!

No worries, Just wanted to clear that up! If I get it and am really happy with, I can see BlackBerry being my number one choice as a cellphone/smartphone and pda
    Oh it will be. Once you go berry, you may stray, but you'll always come back!
    I even did it myself.
    06-23-08 05:12 PM
    Well, I'm definitely going to do it.

VZW said they could get me the new credit because it's really close and my phone is beginning to not work. So, that's a plus.

Now, just to work out to pay for it...credit cards are a pain in the ***.
    06-23-08 05:34 PM

Now, just to work out to pay for it...credit cards are a pain in the ***.
    If you get it in the store or from the 800 number, you can put up to $300 on your Verizon account and pay for it when your bill comes due. That is what I do. I get all my stuff the day after my billing cycle starts and have them put it on my account. It turns out to be 2 months of interest free.

06-23-08 05:43 PM
    If you get it in the store or from the 800 number, you can put up to $300 on your Verizon account and pay for it when your bill comes due. That is what I do. I get all my stuff the day after my billing cycle starts and have them put it on my account. It turns out to be 2 months of interest free.

Well, I live in an extended network area, so right now, until the alltell merger is complete, there are no verizon stores near me, atleast not within a 50 mile radius...ugh.

So, I would be doing it over the phone with a service rep. so, how would I have them put it on my mom's account, because as of right now she's the only one who can deal with the VZW customer service reps, but that will chance when I have her put my name on the account as well.

Would I/we just tell them that we want it billed on our account? How do I even approach them with that?
    06-23-08 06:13 PM

Would I/we just tell them that we want it billed on our account? How do I even approach them with that?
    At the end of the order, they ask how I would like to pay for it. I say "charge it to my account". And they say okay.

The amount will appear on your next bill.

06-23-08 06:38 PM
    Awesome, thanks so much.
    06-23-08 06:39 PM
    Well, I just ordered my new Black Berry 8330 Curve!!

I am so excited!! I can't wait for it to get here!

The VZW service rep said he had me down for the 44.95 data plan, but I told him that that wasn't the one I wanted or needed and that I want/need the 29.99 plan and he said to notify whomever I speak with when I call to activate the phone. Anyone forsee any problems with that?

Regardless, I'm excited, obviously and cannot wait to waste my time on something besides my guitars and books
    06-23-08 08:25 PM
    Wait... you are asking an insanely addicted BlackBerry community if you should get a BlackBerry?!?!

I think he is using us to convince his wife... haha
    06-23-08 08:27 PM
    haha, not married yet! soon to be engaged though
    06-23-08 08:37 PM

well, I did it! And you were right, I do not regret it at all!!! Thanks, Brooke
    06-23-08 09:21 PM
    The VZW service rep said he had me down for the 44.95 data plan, but I told him that that wasn't the one I wanted or needed and that I want/need the 29.99 plan and he said to notify whomever I speak with when I call to activate the phone. Anyone forsee any problems with that?
    No you won't have any problems. The $29.99 plan has been around long enough they all know about it, I think they default people to the higher plan for those that don't know much about it.
    06-23-08 10:33 PM
    No you won't have any problems. The $29.99 plan has been around long enough they all know about it, I think they default people to the higher plan for those that don't know much about it.

Awesome, thanks man.

The customer service rep had me worried.
    06-23-08 10:43 PM
    Just a heads up. This happened to me be sure they have you down for the email plan for $29.99 when I looked into the plan and changed to it they added the $29.99 tethering plan I think that's what it's called and well the bill was higher than I expected bc the wrong plan was added. Got it fixed but figured I'd warn other fellow vzw users.
    06-23-08 11:49 PM
    Go for it get it.

06-23-08 11:55 PM
    Just a heads up. This happened to me be sure they have you down for the email plan for $29.99 when I looked into the plan and changed to it they added the $29.99 tethering plan I think that's what it's called and well the bill was higher than I expected bc the wrong plan was added. Got it fixed but figured I'd warn other fellow vzw users.

Thanks, I'll be sure to check into that. It worries me alot, but hopefully it won't be a big deal.
    06-23-08 11:58 PM
    The Curve is a great device. You'll love it!
    06-24-08 12:02 AM
33 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD