I'm currently with at&t and as of late have had a lot of reception issues. Up until I got my BB Bold,I've had two brand new bold's and neither works properly as far as holding onto a 3G signal in an area where there's good 3G coverage.

My other two at&t 3G phones were fine in this reguard. I'm thinking of the switch to VZW and have questions.

How's VZW's 3G coverage and speed compared to at&t? I'm interested in the BB tour and was wondering if this phone roams internationally like my at&t phone does?

Would I have to contact VZW prior to traveling or pay an extra fee to enable international use? Or would the phone pick up the GSM signal where ever I'm at?

One last question is is does VZW really have the best coverage out of all the providers? I know this is a matter of opnion but I hear a lot of good things about verizon. So should I make the switch?
    11-11-09 07:04 PM
    I'm currently with at&t and as of late have had a lot of reception issues. Up until I got my BB Bold,I've had two brand new bold's and neither works properly as far as holding onto a 3G signal in an area where there's good 3G coverage.

My other two at&t 3G phones were fine in this reguard. I'm thinking of the switch to VZW and have questions.

How's VZW's 3G coverage and speed compared to at&t? I'm interested in the BB tour and was wondering if this phone roams internationally like my at&t phone does?

Well there is Map for that - 5X more 3G than ATT, as far speed if there is difernence, you most likely will not notice it.

Would I have to contact VZW prior to traveling or pay an extra fee to enable international use? Or would the phone pick up the GSM signal where ever I'm at?

Yes you would need to call to assure you have proper global provisioning for the Tour or any other Global device on VZW. Device will GSM, but if not provisoned rihgt, can get very pricey.

One last question is is does VZW really have the best coverage out of all the providers? I know this is a matter of opnion but I hear a lot of good things about verizon. So should I make the switch?
    I have been for VZW for years and have tried other carriers and my phone works everywhere I go. Mean while I see folks with carriers wanting to borrow my phone.

Sould you switch? do your home work and make an educated choice
    Last edited by lastraid; 11-11-09 at 07:13 PM.
    11-11-09 07:10 PM
    Yeah you would normally call the Global Support team before hand. They will activate your SIM card and go over pricing with you. You have 30 days on VZW to see if you like the service once you decide.
    11-11-09 09:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD