I was shopping at Costco today and thought I might stop by the mobile phone kiosk. The lady there was pretty up on Blackberrys in general and had a lot of good things to say about the Z10. She sold me on the Z10 and she said the advantage of buying at Costco instead of the VZW store was that at Costco they didn't charge tax on the full retail price of the phone like VZW and also they throw in a case and car charger for free, so Im out the door at 229.00. She could move my upgrade date up one week but that still makes me wait a week. So theres time for everyone to chime in on the Costco offering.
    03-31-13 01:18 PM
    Thanks for the tip. I have a general question about that for you more experienced phone buyers out there.

When you buy a VZW phone at Costco (or Best Buy, or Walmart, or Amazon), does VZW still take care of any issues or do you have to go back to where you bought it? For example, I got my 9850 online from VZW and when it malfunctioned, VZW sent me a replacement. How would this be handled when buying a Z10 from a third party and a warranty replacement would be needed?
    03-31-13 06:36 PM
    Thanks for the tip. I have a general question about that for you more experienced phone buyers out there.

When you buy a VZW phone at Costco (or Best Buy, or Walmart, or Amazon), does VZW still take care of any issues or do you have to go back to where you bought it? For example, I got my 9850 online from VZW and when it malfunctioned, VZW sent me a replacement. How would this be handled when buying a Z10 from a third party and a warranty replacement would be needed?
    Since the kiosk is authorized by Verizon, the warranty on the Z10 you bought from the kiosk is the same as though you bought it from a Verizon corporate store. As long as that phone stays on the original account, the warranty stays in-tact.

Once you move that Z10 off the account, warranty is in-valid...Even if you move it back onto the original account.
    Innerchild likes this.
    03-31-13 09:36 PM
    Not sure about some of the other retailers, but I purchased/upgraded my last phone (9850) from Costco.

I only dealt with VZW when there was an issue, not Costco.
    04-01-13 01:42 PM
    I was shopping at Costco today and thought I might stop by the mobile phone kiosk. The lady there was pretty up on Blackberrys in general and had a lot of good things to say about the Z10. She sold me on the Z10 and she said the advantage of buying at Costco instead of the VZW store was that at Costco they didn't charge tax on the full retail price of the phone like VZW and also they throw in a case and car charger for free, so Im out the door at 229.00. She could move my upgrade date up one week but that still makes me wait a week. So theres time for everyone to chime in on the Costco offering.
    Thanks for the tip!! I was about to send my friend in Oregon money to purchase the Z10 minus the $50 in taxes, but knowing this I'll go buy from my local costco.
    04-01-13 08:21 PM
    Be glad you waited as the Costco just put the Z10 on sale for $149.

Shopping At Costco-img_00000058.png

Posted via CB10 / Verizon Z10
    npunk42 likes this.
    04-01-13 09:42 PM
    Bought my white Z10 (scheduled to arrive tomorrow...can't wait) from Costco on Saturday at $199.99, then noticed this lower price ($149.99) online yesterday. Went back to the store, and they refunded me the $50 difference in a matter of a few minutes. Customer service...one of the reasons I love shopping at Costco.
    npunk42 likes this.
    04-02-13 06:02 PM
    Bought my white Z10 (scheduled to arrive tomorrow...can't wait) from Costco on Saturday at $199.99, then noticed this lower price ($149.99) online yesterday. Went back to the store, and they refunded me the $50 difference in a matter of a few minutes. Customer service...one of the reasons I love shopping at Costco.
    So that "free new activation" thing didn't come into play?
    04-02-13 06:45 PM
    So that "free new activation" thing didn't come into play?
    Not sure what you mean by "free new activation" coming into play. I was eligible for an upgrade (from my Bold 9930), and the Z10 was at the same $149.99 whether it was a new line or upgrading an existing one. There was a $30 upgrade charge, which I understand is standard for Verizon these days, whether you go to a corporate store, Costco, or other authorized retailer. When I got the refund yesterday, a manager basically did a price adjustment on the original $199.99 I paid and gave me back the $50 on my credit card.

I hope that answered your question...let me know if I completely misunderstood. :-)
    04-02-13 07:12 PM
    OK! I got the Z10 at Costco out the door 168 and change. 30 bucks activation fee to be added to my VZW bill. I don't mind, man, that girl was cute! Anyway I basically have to input my accounts, and what all. The thing is, what I hate to report is, the bonus pack you get from Costco is kind of one size fits all. They give you two cases, well its a pouch and a leather sleeve, kind of like what used to come with the 8330. I'm pretty sure I'll get another case from the CB store. The other thing is the screen saver, its, its, I'm trying to be nice...grrrmphmphyyyaaah!!! you have to trim it to size, there I said it. I hate those things. Hate hate hate. If I have to play Polly Anna now, I'll just say I saved enough at Cosco to go to Verizon and get some screen savers. Good luck to you!
    04-03-13 05:08 PM
    Now the Z10 is $99. Does Costco have any hidden contracts. VZW rep on Verizon.com was trying to steer me away by saying there was. I can buy two phones for the price of one through Costco.
    05-30-13 07:06 PM
    Now the Z10 is $99. Does Costco have any hidden contracts. VZW rep on Verizon.com was trying to steer me away by saying there was. I can buy two phones for the price of one through Costco.
    What kind of hidden contracts did the VZW rep say there was? All they're doing is signing you up for a VZW Plan which they make a commission on and selling you a phone which they make a profit on. From the costumer side there is no difference.

Posted via CB10
    05-30-13 09:41 PM
    No hidden contracts. Upgraded last week. Phone went down to $49. I was a nice guy and bought the wife one also
    06-12-13 05:34 PM