Has anyone with Verizon wireless been out of the country with their phones ? Me and the wife are headed to Canada in a few weeks and I was reading about activating international service on our BB's. The real question is this, on the site its says like $1.99 or something per minute cause it is a roaming call, well what the **** is with that?

So does this mean everytime I get a text, email or mms message I'm lookin at a charge ? Furthermore WTF !!!
    09-21-09 08:14 PM
    There will be an extra charge for all minutes/sms/mms/data used while you're there. I would call and talk to a rep so you know what to expect when you get there, otherwise you may have one h*** of a bill waiting for you when you come home.
    09-21-09 08:17 PM
    There is a Nationwide plus Canada plan for your voice usage. Its very reasonable compaired to the roaming charges you would pay without it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-21-09 08:50 PM
    I am not sure if their Global plan extends to Canada. I used my 8830 in Europe in June. While we did not use the phone all that often, we used a lot of data.

The Global plan costs about $69/month and it replaces your BIS $30/plan. So it nets to about $40/month for UNlimited data. Phone calls in Europe then cost $0.99/minute both to/from the phone. You keep your regular phone number - anyone calling you calls your local US number. They pro rate both the Global and Bis plans. So two weeks, divide those costs by 2 approximately.

I calculated I would have had an over $300.00 data bill if I had not opted for the plan.

We hit Vancouver once or twice a year for a few days and I take those costs at their roaming rates but keep data to a bare minimum and don't use the phone much.
    09-21-09 08:59 PM
    You can use you phone for .69 a min incoming/outgoing calls. And data is either going to be unlimited with a 64.99 global plan or .02/kb on pay per use. Text will be domestic rates .20 a msg. So before you freak out learn what's offered before you get you blood pressure up. Not good for ya!

09-21-09 09:03 PM
    You can use you phone for .69 a min incoming/outgoing calls. And data is either going to be unlimited with a 64.99 global plan or .02/kb on pay per use. Text will be domestic rates .20 a msg. So before you freak out learn what's offered before you get you blood pressure up. Not good for ya!

Or you can get Nationwide plus Canada with the Unlimited Global Blackberry Data plan. Data usage in Canada is included with the Global Blackberry plan.

Enter your location
    09-21-09 09:12 PM
    Nationwide plus Canada is good. Depending on how long you're there. But good option as well.

09-21-09 09:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD