I have an Alltel Curve 8330 and a Alltel plan. When traveling this weekend I noticed that I could only make calls and send texts. My signal showed 1x instead of 1XEV. However my brother who has the tour and verizon had signal 100% of the time even standing next to me. I did the battery pull and *228 neither worked. Verizon will not let me switch to a verizon plan and phone until Nov. 2010. They say they don't do that anymore. Is this correct?
    If i was to buy a verizon phone would I get better service or would it be the same since it's on an "alltel" plan? I need to do something quick as I just started working with him and will be traveling 3 weeks out of the month.

Thanks
    12-09-09 03:12 PM
    I believe you can cancel your Alltel contract because of the change in terms and services due to Verizon bought out. Please confirm it with some of the Vzw reps here.

If true, then start a new account on actual Vzw.
    12-09-09 03:19 PM
    What about the terms changed? He's on the same plan with the same phone....... the only change is the name on the bill.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-09-09 03:34 PM
    What about the terms changed? He's on the same plan with the same phone....... the only change is the name on the bill.

He can claim the coverage has changed due to consolidation of tower or roaming arrangement, etc. Again, ask a Vzw rep.
    12-09-09 03:35 PM
    He still has the Alltel prl and alltel towers. Nothing changed as far as coverage.

12-09-09 03:37 PM
    Well I guess he is stuck with Alltel since Vzw won't help. So when time to upgrade, he will have to think about to get Vzw or not. I like to do business with companies that will help me when I am in need.
    Last edited by leskchan; 12-09-09 at 03:47 PM.
    12-09-09 03:40 PM
    Q: I'm an Alltel customer. Will my reception and customer service level change due to the merger?

A: As with any merger you will see a change. It could be for the better, or it could be the worse, but it's difficult to say right now. Hopefully, it will be the former.
    This is from an FAQ page. More at

On Call: How the Alltel/Verizon merger affects you | Dialed In - CNET Blogs
    12-09-09 03:53 PM
    Isn't there a modified PRL available for Alltel phones that gets them on the VZW towers?
    12-09-09 04:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD