Hello all you verizon peeps i have a 2 bb storms and a curve and i have tested all the phones to make sure that it wasent one of the phones and it was not the reason im making a post about this is because I wanted to no if any of you no any ways to get better service ? I talked to a verizon rep and they said i can get a network extender for 250 but they have a discount and i have a work discount so it came out to be 150 but I dont think i should have to pay for something when im already paying them for service I wouldnt have to get it if they would have good service in my area i had some friends at my house a week ago one of them had att& and one had sprint and they had full bars ?? and i dont so i wanted to no if you guys new any ways to get better service thanks

-crack
    05-01-09 09:43 PM
    Move........
    05-01-09 09:52 PM
    J/K Call tech support and have them open a ticket for poor service where you are and they may add a cell tower in the area if there is a need.
    05-01-09 09:54 PM
    Hello all you verizon peeps i have a 2 bb storms and a curve and i have tested all the phones to make sure that it wasent one of the phones and it was not the reason im making a post about this is because I wanted to no if any of you no any ways to get better service ? I talked to a verizon rep and they said i can get a network extender for 250 but they have a discount and i have a work discount so it came out to be 150 but I dont think i should have to pay for something when im already paying them for service I wouldnt have to get it if they would have good service in my area i had some friends at my house a week ago one of them had att& and one had sprint and they had full bars ?? and i dont so i wanted to no if you guys new any ways to get better service thanks

-crack

We actually give you bad service because you refuse to use proper punctuation and your paragraph structure looks like one long run on sentance.

Just kidding. We don't guarantee service indoors. We can't, because there's no way to account for what every indoors area may be blocked by. That's what the network extender is for. If you're in a rural area, might be too far from a tower (more than 5 miles), in which case extender MIGHT work but maybe not. Could be a lot of things. Try calling us here at tech.
    05-01-09 10:00 PM
    i called they sent someone out and said i wont get service in my area wow i didnt no that
    05-01-09 10:17 PM
    We actually give you bad service because you refuse to use proper punctuation and your paragraph structure looks like one long run on sentance.

Just kidding. We don't guarantee service indoors. We can't, because there's no way to account for what every indoors area may be blocked by. That's what the network extender is for. If you're in a rural area, might be too far from a tower (more than 5 miles), in which case extender MIGHT work but maybe not. Could be a lot of things. Try calling us here at tech.
    i called they said i could buy the extender or leave for free and i dont want to buy the extender
    05-01-09 10:19 PM
    did you call tech support or customer service? here at tech we'd troubleshoot it and maybe file a network trouble ticket on it.
    05-01-09 10:20 PM
    If they're willing to let you out of your contract for free, or give you an extender for $150 then those are your options.

Verizon can not guarantee service indoors or everywhere which is why we're willing to let you out of your contract if it is a confirmed problem and/or we offer the Extender.
    05-01-09 10:23 PM
    amusingly enough, I'll likely be buying an extender soon for where I live.
    05-01-09 10:25 PM
    My aunt is considering it. She gets no service where she is, but, I've been told by techs it should still provide service because it logs in to our network using the internet and basically creates a cell site.
    05-01-09 10:37 PM
    yep that's exactly what it does. There has to be a modicum of coverage (one bar) in the area for it to work completely, but it will work with almost none. I need it cuz I can get some service outside if I stand on my toes on the corner of the patio with my phone in the air on tuesday after 3 pm when it's sunny outside, but that's a bit of a pain.
    05-01-09 10:39 PM
    did you call tech support or customer service? here at tech we'd troubleshoot it and maybe file a network trouble ticket on it.
    They sent a ticket out already
    05-01-09 10:56 PM
    Okay, well if you're just in a bad service area, not a whole lot we can do. did you get teh ticket number? I can check it for you.
    05-01-09 10:59 PM
    Okay, well if you're just in a bad service area, not a whole lot we can do. did you get teh ticket number? I can check it for you.
    Yeah its its NRB000002876590
    05-01-09 11:09 PM
    Okay it was marked as a marginal coverage area with no build plans known. Sorry
    05-01-09 11:12 PM

Hey can you check mine for me, they were supposed to call me yesterday but I havent heard anything yet.

Trouble Ticket # NRB000002890385
    05-01-09 11:40 PM
    I had a similar issue in my apartment where I was getting knocked off every 5 minutes. They opened a ticket # for my problem and said that my issue was poor indoor penetration and low signal at high freq (something like that). They advised that I get that booster as well which I declined because of price.

The odd thing was that it had never happened before and it was a new thing.

Now, I'm glad to report that it was obviously fixed within a months timeframe. So maybe now that they see your deadzone, they will initiate a fix a lot faster than if you hadn't reported it.

See if it improved within a month or 2 before you switch...
    05-02-09 08:37 AM
    Hey can you check mine for me, they were supposed to call me yesterday but I havent heard anything yet.

Trouble Ticket # NRB000002890385
    Still being investigated. Sorry
    05-02-09 03:29 PM
    I have always had an issue where I live of poor signal and dropped calls. It not just me its anyone who has Verizon. I reported the problem (along with a lot of others I assume) and now a new tower site is in the plans thankfully. Supposed to be end of the year ish. Can't wait

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-02-09 05:18 PM
    if they say you can leave for free, do it. find a phone company with better coverage in your area. if there isn't a company that can do better, sorry mate, sounds like you're **** out of luck
    05-02-09 06:43 PM
    New York the coverage is great never a problem.
    05-07-09 04:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD