Approximately 20 seconds of a song?!! I can buy the whole damn CD and own it forever for that. What a Veripoff.
    12-13-08 12:06 AM
    You knew it was going to cost that much, verizon has to pay for the rights to the song.

If you don't like it, don't get one...as a side note would you like some cheese with your whine
    12-13-08 08:52 AM
    You knew it was going to cost that much, verizon has to pay for the rights to the song.

If you don't like it, don't get one...as a side note would you like some cheese with your whine
    Um, I didn't buy it. And I'm not buying it (your response included).
    12-13-08 10:43 AM

Uncalled for response. And as noted, he can get a whole cd for that price - how much is verizon playing for the rights to lease it to someone for a year?
    12-13-08 07:19 PM
    I believe the cost is more along the lines of the sub to attach it to your # everytime it rings?

$14 is also a small yearly price to pay to annoy every person that calls me.

just my .02
    12-13-08 08:16 PM
    Uncalled for response. And as noted, he can get a whole cd for that price - how much is verizon playing for the rights to lease it to someone for a year?
    Uncalled for?

It doesnt matter how much "verizon is paying for it". All that matters is that people continue to buy it.

If you don't like what they are charging, you have the right NOT to buy it. No one is twisting your arm.

Verizon doesnt have to "play fair". They are a company motivated by profit and bottom line.
    12-13-08 09:56 PM
    ...$14 is also a small yearly price to pay to annoy every person that calls me...
    My thoughts exactly. In fact, I have a new idea for Verizon - Ringback Block. Not only can they charge people $14 per year to annoy everyone that calls them, they can charge the callers $14 per year to block the ringback, and not be annoyed.
    12-14-08 12:29 AM
    Ya, in today's world of "work" if someone has that on their phone should be slapped... It in no way is good business practice for work communications. No matter what company you work for.... Heck even personal life. they are annoying......

Just my .02
    12-14-08 12:32 AM

Well put! RBT's are very annoying as well.
    12-14-08 04:24 PM
    i have my ringback on my phone just so people do not hear the ring beep for when im on the other line.

if they have a feture to get rid of the ring beep like when ur talking to someone and someone calls and hears a distinct beep i would love to get rid of that.

its the only reason that i use ringbacks . cause if i dont want to talk to someone i want them not knowingg that im talking to someone else.
    12-14-08 11:46 PM
    So. You started a thread over $14 a YEAR you aren't even paying for in the first place???

Right.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-14-08 11:49 PM
    Tmobile charges 1.49/mo just for the service. VS. VZW is .99/mo for the service and both you purchase the right to have the rbt for 1.99/yr for each.
    12-14-08 11:49 PM
    So. You started a thread over $14 a YEAR you aren't even paying for in the first place???

Right.

Exactly...
    12-14-08 11:50 PM
    My thoughts exactly. In fact, I have a new idea for Verizon - Ringback Block. Not only can they charge people $14 per year to annoy everyone that calls them, they can charge the callers $14 per year to block the ringback, and not be annoyed.
    If it bothers you that much maybe you can communicate with the person who is annoying you so badly and see maybe if they'll add a song you wouldn't mind listening to? The .99 per month covers all your tones. That's what I had to do with my mom. Or, you could just not call that person if you despise their decisions so much.
    12-14-08 11:52 PM
    why have a blackberry if .99cents bothers you? i know it has nothing to do with a bb or not but geeze if .99 cents bugs so much. i could imagine how 29.99 feels. id have to take a seditive at nite cause i wouldnt sleep.
    12-15-08 12:23 AM
    If it bothers you that much maybe you can communicate with the person who is annoying you so badly and see maybe if they'll add a song you wouldn't mind listening to? The .99 per month covers all your tones. That's what I had to do with my mom. Or, you could just not call that person if you despise their decisions so much.
    As a result of this thread I looked into ringback tones on Verizon's site and found that it's customizable per caller. I called my friend and asked him to change what plays when I call. Another problem solved by visiting Crackberry.com!

Aside from the idea of using ringback tones to hide the fact that you're on another call, I don't see why anyone would want to pay money to have music play for their callers. Then again, I don't get why people buy ringtones and themes either.
    12-15-08 10:26 PM
    This is so freaking cool!!!! I had no idea there were 14 months in a year. Hells yeah!
    12-15-08 10:38 PM
    This is so freaking cool!!!! I had no idea there were 14 months in a year. Hells yeah!
    Um civic, it's $2 per tone also, then a buck a month.
    Just trying to be helpful.

12-15-08 11:10 PM
    VZW charges out the *** for everything. IMO I'm not paying for anything I couldn't hear. I couldn't care less what people hear when they call me, I'm sure ring ring ring will be just fine. But I'm not knocking ringbacks. Somebody likes them b/c they still sell, I just don't get it.

12-15-08 11:35 PM
    It doesnt matter how much "verizon is paying for it". All that matters is that people continue to buy it.

If you don't like what they are charging, you have the right NOT to buy it. No one is twisting your arm.

Verizon doesnt have to "play fair". They are a company motivated by profit and bottom line.
    Thank you. If it were a monopoly or required, then I could (possibly) justify a complaint. It doesn't matter though. If it isn't worth it to you, don't buy it. If enough didn't buy it then the company will either lower the price or discontinue it. As it is, I hear these ringers more often than not and suspect that wouldn't change much even at twice the price.

In the carriers' defense, song licensing isn't cheap and the switch upgrades aren't free. When you look at the average RBT subscriber, they have more than one song, too. $16/yr for two or $20 for four may be easier to swallow & you don't have to figure out how to play your CD collection instead of the ring.

A successful company charges what the market will bear without regard for those who want something for nothing.

Why don't we criticize the people with vanity plates on their ride? They aren't visible when driving, they don't enhance the driving experience, they cost $25+ per year & some are just flat irritating. At least when I hear a RBT I am calling someone I want to speak to. With vanity plates, I have to see your message, yet I don't even know you!

Just my 2 cents worth.

Last edited by TwinsX2Dad; 12-18-08 at 03:22 PM.
    12-18-08 03:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD