Say I am one of four lines total on a family plan, and i'd like to get off of it and have my number/line on my own plan.. Is it possible without huge etf charges and what not?
    10-25-09 01:29 PM
    If you want to just change to a different account with the same number, there should be no ETF associated. Give Verizon a call and they can explain it in depth for you, but last time I knew someone who seperated from a plan, there were no fees of any sort, but you will lose your upgrade eligibility date.
    10-25-09 01:35 PM
    Its called Assumption of Liability.
    Its JUST like activating a new line except you are just taking your line to a new account. You will be put through a credit check with possible deposit depending on score. Like drm stated though, best thing is to call 611 and inquire. The current owner of the account must contact and give you permission to do the AOL and then you have 6wks to do it.
    10-25-09 01:47 PM
    As mentioned above, with a touch more detail.

1) Get account owner to authorize you taking the line. They can do this in advance or on the phone with you.

2) Setup account - as said, credit check & more.

3) New contract required - but it is a one year contract. Remember that this contract might not give you NE2 benefits. On the flip side, you might be eligible for a new phone, with a two year contract.

4) Get billing information & enter it into your bank's bill pay system.

5) Enjoy your new account & higher bill.
    10-25-09 03:21 PM
    *clap* *clap*
    thanks I forgot to mention the contract thing... but thats only if you are under a year left IN your contract. They dont care otherwise. But let me doublecheck so I'm not spouting shait.
    10-25-09 03:43 PM
    well; there you go... we're both right.

An MDN with existing contract terms less than 12 months will be allowed to transfer that contract term to the assuming account owner.
    An MDN with existing contract terms greater than 12 months will be placed on a 1-year contract term.
    An MDN with no existing contract term will not require a new contract. Calling plan promotions or equipment upgrades follow contract term extension logic.
    10-25-09 03:45 PM
    You can keep the line on the same account and just pull it off the Family Plan onto an individual plan. Then you dont have to go through the whole credit check, blah blah blah thing. But the good thing about assumption of liability is, when you transfer the account to your name, your only obligated for a 1year contract from the date of transaction. if you have over 12 months, you only have to worry about 12 of them. So if your due for an upgrade, upgrade WHILE your STILL on the family plan, then transfer off and you have 12months vs 24 with that device, and in 12months you can get a new device when that contract is up....if you want.

Just my experience
    10-26-09 09:23 PM
    You can keep the line on the same account and just pull it off the Family Plan onto an individual plan. Then you dont have to go through the whole credit check, blah blah blah thing. But the good thing about assumption of liability is, when you transfer the account to your name, your only obligated for a 1year contract from the date of transaction. if you have over 12 months, you only have to worry about 12 of them. So if your due for an upgrade, upgrade WHILE your STILL on the family plan, then transfer off and you have 12months vs 24 with that device, and in 12months you can get a new device when that contract is up....if you want.

Just my experience
    Almost fully correct - except the NE2 doesn't kick in a year with an AOL.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-26-09 11:08 PM
    Also after the AOL process of moving it to your own name that will remove your 1 yr warranty you had on the device. Anytime you do an aol it voids the warranty.
    10-26-09 11:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD