Hi all, I'm going out of town to an area where I know I'll have spotty service at best, I know I can send SMS from my laptop, but can I receive them that way too? Thanks

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-26-09 01:35 AM
    You can send, but not receive.

You can do text to email or IMs, but not a whole lot more.

09-26-09 02:27 AM
    Oh, so I could have my SMS forwarding to an email address? Then what, do they go to my phone also? Or are rerouted completely? Trying to decide if its worth the trouble of setting it up and do I need a program or does BB have a way to do it?

09-26-09 03:13 AM
    No - you would have to text to/from an email address. I can't remember the format right now - I think it is something like yourphonenumber@vzwtext.com - too tired right now.
    09-26-09 05:11 AM
    Nothing to set up...

Go to VText.com...

Though you can only send to Verizon Wireless phones...
    09-26-09 07:13 AM
    Thanks dad and roc

09-26-09 09:09 AM
    If you use Vtext.com you can send and receive from the PC. Thats only to other Verizon customers though so depending on who your friends have you may or may not be able to text them.
    09-26-09 05:09 PM
    If you use Vtext.com you can send and receive from the PC. Thats only to other Verizon customers though so depending on who your friends have you may or may not be able to text them.
    You can send - but for the life of me, logged in or not, no receive in play.

09-26-09 07:00 PM
    Google Voice?
    09-26-09 07:03 PM
    You can send - but for the life of me, logged in or not, no receive in play.

Thats because you are too old to use it. ha ha ha i kid!

But yea..if you go on there, you can. I just did it from 30,000 feet via Wifi on the plane to New York a week ago. I was carrying on text convos in flight from my laptop.
    09-26-09 07:08 PM
    Well part of my concern is receiving SMS that is not a reply, like checking messages sent to me that I would reply to. Does that make sense?

09-26-09 09:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD