Hello,

I just had my voyager replaced because the touchscreen went out and it wasn't an insurance claim because it was under the 1 year warranty. They didn't have one in the store so it was shipped out and i will have it by tuesday at the latest.

Tonight i just picked up a BB pearl on ebay because i wanted to go back to a BB and am going to use it to hold me over until the Niagara is released.

When i go down and have the pearl activated and the new voyager deactivated will it have a clear ESN? I ask because i am going to sell the voyager on ebay once i get the BB activated..... so will VZW give me any problems clearing the ESN?

EDIT:
    Also i have the phone insurance from verizon, will it cover the pearl even though it was from ebay?
    Last edited by mfranks985; 03-01-09 at 11:11 PM.
    03-01-09 10:35 PM
    As long as you returned the defective Voyager you can do whatever you want with replacement Voyager. If you don't ship the defective unit back they charge you full retail.
    03-01-09 10:41 PM
    You should be fine, but keep in mind that the Pearl is not and can not be insured so if it goes you'll need to buy another phone, unless you have another old phone you can use as backup.
    03-01-09 11:09 PM
    I just went through this when I activated a storm I purchased this week, the insurance I pay for had to be removed off my plan and VZW will not cover the used BB
    03-01-09 11:23 PM
    so the bb doesnt have the factory 1 year warranty?
    03-02-09 12:43 PM
    so the bb doesnt have the factory 1 year warranty?
    not if it is customer provided. AKA if you buy it from Ebay, Craigslist, etc.
    03-02-09 02:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD