Ok I am selling my Storm and getting a Driod, wat are the necessary steps to take before I sell? Do i have to call Verizon deactivate device I keep Sim card or keep that in phone? Thanks
    11-24-09 08:09 AM
    To sell it the phone cannot be active on an account, you have to have a phone to put on your account for them to take the storm off. Leave the sim card in the phone.
    11-24-09 08:24 AM
    Wipe it first

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-24-09 10:32 AM
    Wipe it last.
    11-24-09 11:47 AM
    I'm doing the same thing, but I already have my new phone activated on my account. I would like to get the Storm unlocked, will Verizon do that for me without the phone being active on the account?

Here's a little more detail: My first Storm finally went bad on me, after being pretty decent for 8 months. Verizon sent me a replacement, but in the meantime I went ahead and upgraded to the Droid. So I have a replacement phone that I haven't done anything with, except take out of the package. Do I need to activate it on a line, or can I just get it unlocked as is?
    11-24-09 02:25 PM
    I'm doing the same thing, but I already have my new phone activated on my account. I would like to get the Storm unlocked, will Verizon do that for me without the phone being active on the account?

Here's a little more detail: My first Storm finally went bad on me, after being pretty decent for 8 months. Verizon sent me a replacement, but in the meantime I went ahead and upgraded to the Droid. So I have a replacement phone that I haven't done anything with, except take out of the package. Do I need to activate it on a line, or can I just get it unlocked as is?
    NO they won't unlock it unless its on a line.
    11-24-09 02:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD