02-21-09 11:25 AM
31 12
tools
    Unlimited calling to 10 people if your family plan is over $90. That's the basic, 700 min plan with 2 extra lines.

I have the same plan but as select to allow for unlimited texting. So $120 for select 700min with 2 extra lines. It is telling me I'm not eligible!

That doesn't make sense, if I'm paying MORE than the base minimum you would think I'm still eligible for the plan.

Thanks VZW!
    02-19-09 01:40 PM
    Have you called? The online system isnt always correct.
    02-19-09 01:58 PM
    Just got my plan last weekend and the Freinds and Family applies to the 1400 minute and over plans according to the manager of my local verizon store. I questioned it after I was going to sign up for a 700 minute plan with 4 lines. which would have put me well over the minimum cost for Friends & Family according to the commercials. I have heard this from 2 Verizon stores now that it is in fact only on the 1400 minute and above plans.
    02-19-09 02:04 PM
    It's based on the minute allotment of your plan. A select plan is basically a calling plan w/ a txt plan built in.

700 or 450 is not eligible even if you have a premium plan.
    02-19-09 02:05 PM
    It's based on the minute allotment of your plan. A select plan is basically a calling plan w/ a txt plan built in.

700 or 450 is not eligible even if you have a premium plan.
    What he said. 900+ & 400+ plans are eligible.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-19-09 02:11 PM
    That's not really fair because the commercials say any family plan over $90. If it's only based on minutes, why won't they say that during the commercials? Another lovely scam by Verizon.
    02-19-09 02:48 PM
    i asked myself and they said that they are not eligible regardless of select, premium, bb data, whatever! Has to be 900 for single lines and 1400 for family, thats it!
    02-19-09 02:50 PM
    So how about saying "for 900 min or 1400 min" plans in the commercials instead of deceptively drawing in new customers?
    02-19-09 02:54 PM
    if they did that, they wouldn't be verizon! Shoot, for a while now, they been advertizing adding 10 friends and family, not 5. Thats what I call deceptive tactics right there! I never heard of a cell company using the plan of the family shared line to advertize the deal in general!
    02-19-09 03:01 PM
    That's not really fair because the commercials say any family plan over $90. If it's only based on minutes, why won't they say that during the commercials? Another lovely scam by Verizon.
    Because the select plans and premium plans are just features built into your base plan price. We could break it apart and charge you for each individual feature but it makes it easier for you and for the VzW billing system to bundle it together. With the select 700 you're paying $39.99/month for your minutes + $20/month for txting and it just = $59.99/month.

Geeze. Another scam? It's a free service..
    02-19-09 03:57 PM
    if they did that, they wouldn't be verizon! Shoot, for a while now, they been advertizing adding 10 friends and family, not 5. Thats what I call deceptive tactics right there! I never heard of a cell company using the plan of the family shared line to advertize the deal in general!
    That's because I'd say about 70-80% of our customers are on FS plans.
    02-19-09 03:58 PM
    I think all the electronic media ads (at least the ones I've seen/heard) do use the term "basic."

Besides, if we got rid of all the conditions in offers/advertising, the folks who write those irritating disclaimers would be out of work!

Although I do see on the VZW site the following phrase:
    On Nationwide Basic Family SharePlan $89.99 or higher.
    I can see where some confusion would be with folks who have more than a couple lines.

Last edited by TwinsX2Dad; 02-19-09 at 05:18 PM.
    02-19-09 04:59 PM
    I logged on today as well and discovered that I am not eligible for the friends and family thing either. I was kinda upset about it, but then I realized that even if I was, I probably wouldn't even be able to think of ten people I speak to enough that don't have VZW to make this worthwhile.

Essentially the way I look at it is if I called enough people that were out of network that would eat into my minutes each month, it's probably worth spending the extra $15 or $20 a month or so to upgrade to the 1400 minute plan, and then get the unlim IN calling, as well as the friends/family benefit.

It would be interesting to see what the actual cost breakdown of this is (per minute overage costs vs. increases in plan costs).
    02-19-09 06:46 PM
    That's because I'd say about 70-80% of our customers are on FS plans.
    yea, and verizon can do no wrong either...
    02-19-09 09:10 PM
    Because the select plans and premium plans are just features built into your base plan price. We could break it apart and charge you for each individual feature but it makes it easier for you and for the VzW billing system to bundle it together. With the select 700 you're paying $39.99/month for your minutes + $20/month for txting and it just = $59.99/month.

Geeze. Another scam? It's a free service..
    I realize these are features built in. I also saw Nationwide Basic plan in the ads. However, this should not matter. The basic 700 family plan is a $70 base for two lines PLUS $10 each, not $40 as you claim. I am paying $30 extra per month so everyone on my plan can get unlimited text. Regardless, my plan exceeds $90 before texting charges.

First of all, this is very deceptive because a large majority of Nationwide Basic Family Plans over $90 are NOT eligible. There is no disputing that. Secondly, it should be assumed that since I am a SELECT USER (aka lots more $$$ per year) that I will be eligible. They are implying that downgrading your plan will allow you to get the service?

This is definitely a nice little marketing scam by Verizon, as I and I'm sure many others saw this - as well as several non-VZW customers - and thought of it as a big positive for Verizon. Finally, something for the customer!

But it is all a scam. People will be drawn into the stores for nothing.
    02-19-09 09:20 PM
    I'd like to see Verizon extend the option to add the Family and Friends feature for those who are currently on the lower tier plans who get the shaft because of the minute requirements. But then again if you are comfortable, minute wise, with the lower plans what good is the Family and Friends feature for you?

I know for my family, with the Family and Friends plan it will allow us to drop down a tier to the 1400 plan with 3 extra lines.
    02-19-09 09:27 PM
    But then again if you are comfortable, minute wise, with the lower plans what good is the Family and Friends feature for you?
    ur assuming that ppl only pick what they need and not what they can't afford
    02-19-09 10:37 PM
    So you're saying that someone can't afford an extra $20 per month for double the minutes and the ability to take advantage of the Friends and Family?

It's 65 cents a day. Not exactly breaking the bank.
    02-19-09 11:56 PM
    So you're saying that someone can't afford an extra $20 per month for double the minutes and the ability to take advantage of the Friends and Family?

It's 65 cents a day. Not exactly breaking the bank.
    Verizon's whole pay structure is based around $5 extra here and there. It really adds up. The base prices are high enough to begin with.
    02-20-09 12:35 AM
    My gripe about it not including the 700 minute plan is with two lines (each a BB), my monthly bill is $160. I can see if I didn't have any BBs onmy line, come on vzw, throw me a fricken bone with some f'in friends and family numbers!

02-20-09 12:48 AM
    your monthly bill is 160 for 2 lines with 700 mins and 2 blackberry data plans? wow im only paying 176 for 2 lines with 2 blackberry phones and 1400 mins.
    02-20-09 06:54 AM
    your monthly bill is 160 for 2 lines with 700 mins and 2 blackberry data plans? wow im only paying 176 for 2 lines with 2 blackberry phones and 1400 mins.
    He might not have a discount.
    02-20-09 09:30 AM
    700 to 1400 is only a $20 difference ($99 v. $119). He's probably rounding up by a couple of dollars.
    02-20-09 09:37 AM
    700 to 1400 is only a $20 difference ($99 v. $119). He's probably rounding up by a couple of dollars.
    Or one is including taxes, surcharges, fees, etc. & one isn't.

02-20-09 09:44 AM
    People will adjust their needs to what they can afford. If your needs dictate you need 1400 minutes you will find a way to pay the defense and if you can't your usage patterns will change to fit your budget.

02-21-09 12:15 AM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD