05-02-11 07:19 AM
30 12
tools
    Doesn't it seem like VZW is throwing BB in the trunk. All major stores have announced the PlayBook, VZW hasn't. Also, seems like they never push to sell BBs. I've been in the store tons of times and it's Droid this and Droid that, oh we have the iPhone now, BlackBerrys are on their way out, don't get one of those.

Maybe it's just me. What got me was asking about the PlayBook at the store, and the response I got was "We don't even know when that's coming out, it hasn't been announced yet"
    04-07-11 07:33 PM
    Droid sells...People that tend to get a BB already go into the store and ask for it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-07-11 07:46 PM
    Droid sells...People that tend to get a BB already go into the store and ask for it.

Or they go online and order it.
    04-07-11 08:00 PM
    had a droid 2, traded it back for my bold. I really wish VZW would pick up the pace on offering decent phones, like the iPhone 4 took only a few years.

They better market the torch 2 or Im going to ATT
    04-07-11 08:13 PM
    had a droid 2, traded it back for my bold. I really wish VZW would pick up the pace on offering decent phones, like the iPhone 4 took only a few years.

They better market the torch 2 or Im going to ATT
    Bye! Have a good time.

04-07-11 08:26 PM
    What do they have from bb to market. They haven't released a new phone since last year. That's all on rim. If they had something to offer, I'm sure that vz would love to sell it.

04-07-11 08:42 PM
    What do they have from bb to market. They haven't released a new phone since last year. That's all on rim. If they had something to offer, I'm sure that vz would love to sell it.

This!

RIM has nothing to offer in CDMA phones except what VZW already has (the Style being an exception) . On top of that, the initial PlayBooks will be WiFi only, so Verizon would have little to no interest in selling a BB tablet that can't get them subscribers. I'm sure once a 3G or 4G version becomes available, Verizon will add it to their lineup.
    04-08-11 12:25 AM
    Has ANY carrier annouced, or marketed the PB in any way? I know some stuff has leaked out of Sprint, but they are hardly "marketing" it, YET. Has ATT done anything yet? I know Verizon was part of the Playbook Without Limits beta program, and that they WILL be selling it, they just have not started marketing yet. RIM is hardly marketing yet!
    04-08-11 10:28 AM
    What has RIM given to VZW to sell? VZW wisely told them Storm2 refresh was a fail and they passed on it.

Android sells well, so that's what they push!
    04-08-11 10:32 AM
    If there was a new BlackBerry available with VZW when I was due for my upgrade I would have stated Blackberry.

There wasn't so I switched. I bet many folks will be doing the same as RIM continues to drag their feet.

Now that Verizon is only offering two year contract, that may hurt RIM even more. Those going to Android or iPhone will be with them for two years, right when RIM is supposedly release new devices.
    ILuvGadgets likes this.
    04-08-11 10:33 AM
    Telus in Toronto, which is CDMA, has a very wide variety of phones, torch, more bold models etc.
    04-08-11 10:59 AM
    Telus in Toronto, which is CDMA, has a very wide variety of phones, torch, more bold models etc.
    Telus isn't Verizon, and right now VZW only has Bold, Storm2 and Curve3G.
    Last edited by pcgizmo; 04-08-11 at 11:12 AM.
    04-08-11 11:10 AM
    How does Telus have a torch if they are CDMA?
    04-08-11 11:38 AM
    How does Telus have a torch if they are CDMA?
    I almost asked that same question, but look at their site, they have 9800 and 9780...and then wiki says "Telus utilizes CDMA 2000, IDEN, and HSPA+-based mobility phone networks."
    04-08-11 11:57 AM
    Telus isn't Verizon, and right now VZW only has Bold, Storm2 and Curve3G.
    obviously its not verizon, we arent stupid. i said this in response to the people who argue the torch isnt on verizon because it isnt cdma
    04-08-11 02:29 PM
    obviously its not verizon, we arent stupid. i said this in response to the people who argue the torch isnt on verizon because it isnt cdma
    The Torch isn't on Verizon, it's exclusive to AT&T. You may want to try again. This thread is about the Blackberries (or lack thereof) offered by Verizon Wireless.
    Last edited by pcgizmo; 04-08-11 at 03:23 PM.
    04-08-11 03:19 PM
    They dropped them (advertising wise and "pushing" wise) for droid basically.

Rest assured they will still release on VZ though, just that there hasn't been anything to release other than the Torch (AT&T only) and Style (Sprint only).
    04-08-11 06:02 PM
    The Torch isn't on Verizon, it's exclusive to AT&T. You may want to try again. This thread is about the Blackberries (or lack thereof) offered by Verizon Wireless.
    No crap its about verizon wireless not offering newer blackberries obviously you are not correctly comprehending my statement. ANd the torch is not exclusive to ATT, their are a ton of wireless networks in Canada with the Torch.
    04-08-11 06:30 PM
    No crap its about verizon wireless not offering newer blackberries obviously you are not correctly comprehending my statement. ANd the torch is not exclusive to ATT, their are a ton of wireless networks in Canada with the Torch.
    That's not how exclusivity works... AT&T gets exclusivity for the US. This does not affect Canada/overseas. Same thing goes for the VZ exclusivity on the S1 and S2, or any other phones...
    04-08-11 06:37 PM
    ...and walking into a store asking about a new product isn't going to yield favorable results unless there has been an official press release. Verizon Wireless employees cannot speculate on upcoming products.
    04-19-11 04:46 PM
    I find it ridiculous that anybody could possibly have the opinion that the lack of BB devices/sales on VZW is because VZW hates RIM or is enamoured with the android based devices.

Look folks, the bottom line is that RIM hasn't brought anything new and/or innovative to the table for VZW to push. Common people don't care about email and the competition does email better than they ever have anyway. Most folks want a good browser, good entertainment features, and functionality such as google maps (with its' free turn by turn voice navigation). Why waste money and resources pushing devices that are outdated and aren't going to sell well anyway?

I don't see why the carriers would sell any wifi only device. I mean they can't lock you into a contract for that so where's the advantage to it for them?
    04-19-11 08:34 PM
    I don't see why the carriers would sell any wifi only device. I mean they can't lock you into a contract for that so where's the advantage to it for them?
    It would be partially self-destructive, but retail locations make their highest margins on accessories and other "impulse" type items. VZW could make good money on some equipment that wouldn't work on their network (like the iPad 1, sold with a mifi, but still a wifi only device), but then one risks less recurring revenue......money money money money money....
    04-19-11 09:22 PM
    Bye! Have a good time.

AT&T sucks no unlimited data. I left after 7 months cuz no unlimited data.
    04-22-11 07:08 PM
    The Bold 9650 is one of RIM's most powerful devices. Not lagging too far behind is the Curve 8530. VZW has both. I wasn't impressed with the Torch (ATT) or Syle (Sprint) but that's all form factor preference. In the end, all that matters to me is battery life, processor speed, and memory. The 9650 has 2 of those three issues worked out. The processor speed and operating system need an overhaul but that might be RIM's deliberate attempt to keep the battery life from being as pathetic as the Droids. I admit, the iPhone and Droids are much better toys. I've used them both and the software almost makes the Blackberry look silly. The BB still excels for what I use it for - Communication/Emal/Voice.

Back to the OP's point, VZW doesn't have to "push" anything now that the iPhone is in play.
    04-26-11 09:08 AM
    My contract is up today and I have a C1. Personally I'm over the BB. It seems as though that its not on the developers radars! I hear an app is available for iPhone and Android is coming if not already. available! There are so many Android devices I can't keep up and the iPhone can't talk & surf which seems like a waste! I don't want AT&T though! Anybody know if that will change?

04-29-11 06:59 AM
30 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD