I currently have a 3g multimedia messaging phone, and am awaiting (patiently yet anxiously) for the bb bold 9650 which will be my first blackberry. but what i want to know is currently after i send a text to another verizon customer whether he or she has read the text. can i do the same with a blackberry?
    05-21-10 10:36 PM
    All you will get is delivery confirmation, a check mark to non-Verizon customers or a check mark with a "D" to Verizon customers. You will not get a "read" option.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by supermario28; 05-22-10 at 12:44 AM.
    05-21-10 10:40 PM
    I currently have a 3g multimedia messaging phone, and am awaiting (patiently yet anxiously) for the bb bold 9650 which will be my first blackberry. but what i want to know is currently after i send a text to another verizon customer whether he or she has read the text. can i do the same with a blackberry?
    i have bb9700 and i can see who read the messages on bbm but not with the text.
    05-21-10 10:48 PM
    i have bb9700 and i can see who read the messages on bbm but not with the text.
    I don't think the SMS text message protocol supports the idea of read confirmations. The best you can do is get feedback that the destination phone has received the message (check+D), and that seems to be only for VZW <-> VZW messages.
    05-23-10 09:46 PM
    Why is this important? After reading a few of your post you seem very young...
    05-25-10 09:47 AM
    Why is this important? After reading a few of your post you seem very young...
    Never had a blackberry and just trying to compare and contrast.
    05-25-10 06:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD