Nvm had no idea what I was thinking when I made this thread.
    Last edited by condemned; 10-27-11 at 05:30 PM.
    10-26-11 03:14 PM
    The deposit is based on your credit scores. When you go to sign a new contract with VZW they will run a credit check again. If your credit is poor you'll owe a deposit. If it is good you won't. If it's somewhere in the middle you'll either have Jo deposit or a low one.

You cannot freeze your your bills. You have to pay them, VZW included, in full when they're due.
    10-26-11 03:20 PM
    Ok thx. Btw does Verizon still do 12 month upgrades on 2 year contracts?
    10-26-11 03:29 PM
    No, they no longer offer annual upgrades within a 2 year contract. The New Every Two credit has also been discontinued.

They no longer offer an unlimited data plan for smartphone.

They still have the best coverage. And the deposit may not be as bad as you think.

Good luck.
    10-26-11 03:33 PM
    No, they no longer offer annual upgrades within a 2 year contract. The New Every Two credit has also been discontinued.

They no longer offer an unlimited data plan for smartphone.

They still have the best coverage. And the deposit may not be as bad as you think.

Good luck.
    Wow, that's already a turn off. I'm sticking with my family's plan then. Thx for the info tho.
    10-26-11 03:46 PM
    The deposit is based on your credit scores. When you go to sign a new contract with VZW they will run a credit check again. If your credit is poor you'll owe a deposit. If it is good you won't. If it's somewhere in the middle you'll either have Jo deposit or a low one.

You cannot freeze your your bills. You have to pay them, VZW included, in full when they're due.
    Actually with Verizon you can put your account on hold for up to 3 months.
    10-26-11 05:47 PM
    Actually with Verizon you can put your account on hold for up to 3 months.
    This is correct. However he asked if he could put "paying his bill" on hold due to lack of funds. His current bill would have to be paid in full first.

Also, let's say I didn't have enough money to pay my bills one month (college student here with a part time job), could I freeze my account until I was able to get money to pay it?
    Glad I don't work for VZW anymore because I just lost a customer! D'oh!
    10-26-11 06:01 PM
    Regarding your credit score question, yes, your score can go down if you make several inquiries within a month or quarter, but one single inquiry isn't going to do anything. In addition, if you are applying for credit at multiple places but for the same product type, you will only be penalized as if it were one inquiry. So, if you apply for credit at three different auto dealers in one week, it will only count as one. That designed so a shopper doesn't get penalized for trying to get the best deal.
    Chrisy likes this.
    10-26-11 06:44 PM
    Regarding your credit score question, yes, your score can go down if you make several inquiries within a month or quarter, but one single inquiry isn't going to do anything. In addition, if you are applying for credit at multiple places but for the same product type, you will only be penalized as if it were one inquiry. So, if you apply for credit at three different auto dealers in one week, it will only count as one. That designed so a shopper doesn't get penalized for trying to get the best deal.
    Didn't know this. Thanks!
    10-26-11 07:16 PM
    Wow I can't believe I even made this thread lol.

Coverage all around my area is good with all major carriers and an individual smartphone plan on Verizon would cost me $90 at minimum while only $50 on T-Mobile. Yeah nevermind to this thread and I'd rather just save money sticking to my parents plan.
    10-27-11 05:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD