06-23-09 02:25 PM
42 12
tools
    crackalackbery thank you too. I was about to call verizon and ask this...glad I did not.
    06-22-09 11:12 PM
    lol yeah... try this thread, may help for some ideas for justification....

http://forums.crackberry.com/f2/reas...kberry-253090/
    06-22-09 11:13 PM
    You know I came across a situation in which to get two pearls for two regular verizon phones so they would not have to pay for the data plan. I have two storms now that I have the data plan...bc me and my wife need them. I was going to get the pearls, but verizon wont let me add them wo the friggen data plan! SCREW VERIZON.

They say they are not happy unless we are happy. Horse Crap. Horse Crap. Horse Crap.

You would think since I have two blackberrys with data plans that I could have the other two without. They want to charge me 120.00 bucks for data for four phones.

You know I have been with every other carrier, T Mobile, US Cellular, ATT even SunCom. And that was not a requirement.
    Thanks a lot big red. Thanks a lot. As far as them being the largest 3G carrier....not once has my storm flew on the internet like my other blackberrys from ATT! 3G my arse. Going to the planet next
    Dude you cant have a blackberry without a data plan its common sense or else you would get charged for everything...Are you kidding?...If you dont have a data plan whats the point?..Get a regular cellphone if your gonna whine and complain about it...Verizon is one of the best..And ATT...so quit ur complaining
    06-22-09 11:16 PM
    Dude you cant have a blackberry without a data plan its common sense or else you would get charged for everything...Are you kidding?...If you dont have a data plan whats the point?..Get a regular cellphone if your gonna whine and complain about it...Verizon is one of the best..And ATT...so quit ur complaining
    yeah we are done with the angry posts in this thread, thanks anyway though. We are now in the "lets help the OP figure out the best solution" phase. Anything to contribute to that phase?

edit: we are gonna do it nicely too.
    06-22-09 11:20 PM
    AT&T has it on their roadmap - mostly due to RIM pressures - data plans will be required on all smartphones this year.

And for those who think they can get the plan, then cancel - nope - that is going away too.

So there goes another idea.

Kids are happier with a phone like the Blitz, anyway. More durable & a lot more color.

And yes, this subject is getting old, after what? Five to ten ressurections per month?

When one does assume, yes it makes an ass outta U & me but VZW keeps adding customers, which makes any argument moot.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-22-09 11:23 PM
    Aw crud - misspelled resurrections - and now I can't edit it.

Oh well, sue me.

06-22-09 11:24 PM
    I would say check out the env3's. They are great texting phones. A few of my friends have them and love them. Yes they are not blackberries but they are a good option so you don't have to have the data plan.

06-22-09 11:27 PM
    Going to add one more thing for everyones consideration. The pearls (in which now I have made the deal) cost me 50.00 bucks for both and I gave them a samsung sway and a Saumsing 430. Two phones I had around the house.
    06-22-09 11:30 PM
    And I will not disagree about being largest network and all of that...was just saying when I was in a 3g area with ATT in bloomington, IL and Louisville, KY my blackberrys would fly. Not had that with Verizon. And its not day that goes by in which I see the screen (Currently you are not in an area that can handle Internet.....) And no I am not in a bunker waiting for the Koreans to invade....
    HA! I live in Louisville. I have never ever been without data connectivity on my Curve. Now, I have a friend who had a Curve on AT&T and he was constantly complaining about not being able to make calls or get on the internet...and when he did have service, there wasn't any noticeable difference in speed. So he decided to solve that problem and got an iphone. He still complains about not getting any service.
    06-22-09 11:32 PM
    HA! I live in Louisville. I have never ever been without data connectivity on my Curve. Now, I have a friend who had a Curve on AT&T and he was constantly complaining about not being able to make calls or get on the internet...and when he did have service, there wasn't any noticeable difference in speed. So he decided to solve that problem and got an iphone. He still complains about not getting any service.
    AT&T service is a bit lacking in the land of UPS. It is there, but the coverage and speed is nothing to write home about.

06-23-09 12:12 AM
    crackalackberry 11:20 PM Yesterday

yeah we are done with the angry posts in this thread, thanks anyway though. We are now in the "lets help the OP figure out the best solution" phase. Anything to contribute to that phase?edit: we are gonna do it nicely too.
    Ha, lmao! I love it!

06-23-09 01:03 AM
    its my understanding that its no only verizon that does this now.. and I am sure most every carrier will do the same thing ..
    06-23-09 02:10 AM
    Going to add one more thing for everyones consideration. The pearls (in which now I have made the deal) cost me 50.00 bucks for both and I gave them a samsung sway and a Saumsing 430. Two phones I had around the house.
    Stick the Pearls on Ebay or Craigslist and sell them, you should be able to get $150 each out of them and get the kids something like the env3. Mine love them. Be sure and get an unlimied text plan, otherwise things can get out of control fast. My two kids average 7000 texts a month.
    06-23-09 03:39 AM
    Starting next month AT&T will begin doing the same thing.

and yes Verizon has the largest 3G network, would you like proof of that?
    06-23-09 04:09 AM
    few things here.... you cannot up and turn off the data and not pay for it on a berry....

Also, there used to be a plan for $25 for 10 MB of data, but they did away with that
    Yes you have to pay for the data...regardless of which plan you buy..but my phone has the option of going "Phone Only"...data turned off. I could not remember, but if the $10/month was still available you could get that plan, but not "use" it. You can get the $45/month plan and not use it if you turn it off at the phone. Good idea, no, but you can do it.

Sorry if my explanation was not the best...
    06-23-09 06:37 AM
    I LOVE these threads...
    06-23-09 02:18 PM
    you can turn the data off on the phone yourself. I have done so when out of the country for that just in case.

also another option (I think) is just getting the $10/month data plan...it is limited to only a few mb's i think. i don't remember the details, but that would be a cheaper option if you really want to go the blackberry route. Get the cheap..cheap data plan and then just turn the data off on the phone. It becomes a discipline issue then for your niece, but nothing wrong with learning that...good luck.
    i used to have the $10 a month on my Voyager it was an ok phone if all she wants it for is texting and maybe internet too..
    06-23-09 02:25 PM
42 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD