So last night I decided to download the new software for BB syncing for Mac and got more that I bargained for- the white screen of death! My phone turned off and they came back on with a white screen and message "App Error 205" and I hit reset a zillion times to no avail and removed the battery several times- nothing. This morning I got on BB.com and did the reset and nothing. Of course I had no time to go to the store today and managed to slip out of work for a short bit of time only to wait in line at the verizon store for 30 minutes. Then it was my turn and the person looked at my phone and said that it is a problem with the phone and that I was still in warranty and they would have to mail me a new phone. Blinded by my worries about needing to be back at work I didn't question this. He then told me it would be to me by Monday or I could pay $10 and have it sent to me overnight. He told me that if I had an old phone I could activate it until I got my new phone. So I paid and rushed out the door and headed back to work. But once I got in my car it dawned on me that they should have given me a new phone at the store, right? And this "new" phone they are sending me might be refurbished. So I called the store once I got to the office and asked them about it and was told that the more popular phones were not available right now at the store and therefore they had to mail me one. Then when I asked if it was refurbished I was told that it wasn't called that anymore and that every part of the phone that touched my face was new and the inside parts were refurbished. Really?! Is this right or am I getting screwed?! I just got my phone 3 months ago. I am supposed to get my "new" phone tomorrow but if it isn't a brand new phone I am considering going to the store and pitching a fit to get a new one.
    BTW a girl that I work with spilled beer on her Storm and the top button stopped working. She took it to the store and they gave her a brand new phone right then (she had to go back 2 hours later to pick it up).
    Help- I want to know if this is the right procedure or if I am getting pushed around. I am a doctor and I need my phone back NOW!!!!
    10-08-09 09:55 PM
    The first 30 days you get a new phone. After 30 days you get a refurbished unit. You might ask for a new phone. Being nice is probably a better strategy when you are wanting the guy in the store to go above and beyond what he's required to do.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-08-09 10:10 PM
    Holy wall of text batman! But if you got a device error, download the OS from vzam.net/blackberry and reload it through Desktop Manager
    10-08-09 10:11 PM
    Do we really need a post everytime someone has a tech issue with their phone? They did a standard warranty replacement. Case closed.
    BTW, a "doctor' would have paid for a new one or paid the shipping charge. That's what a VZW rep told me.
    10-08-09 10:16 PM
    Then when I asked if it was refurbished I was told that it wasn't called that anymore and that every part of the phone that touched my face was new and the inside parts were refurbished. Really?! Is this right or am I getting screwed?! I just got my phone 3 months ago. I am supposed to get my "new" phone tomorrow but if it isn't a brand new phone I am considering going to the store and pitching a fit to get a new one.
    BTW a girl that I work with spilled beer on her Storm and the top button stopped working. She took it to the store and they gave her a brand new phone right then (she had to go back 2 hours later to pick it up).
    Help- I want to know if this is the right procedure or if I am getting pushed around. I am a doctor and I need my phone back NOW!!!!
    You will get a "certified like new replacement" - which is long for refurbished. Don't worry though - it'll look brand new and everything.

I can assure you that your 3 month old phone would not pass as a brand new device so why expect a brand new device?

Besides - the CLNR go through a lot more quality control than the ones from the manufacturer these days.

Your phone could be fixed as is and won't require a warranty exchange.

Check out the following links:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f5/app-...olution-26789/

How To: ReInstall OS When Computer Won't Recognize The Device Is Connected - PinStack.com

Your friend filed an insurance claim and paid a deductible. Big difference.
    Last edited by tsguy52; 10-08-09 at 10:56 PM.
    10-08-09 10:52 PM
    You wouldn't be entitled to a new phone if you've had it more than 30 days. And as Aaron already said, I would try to reload the software first.
    10-08-09 11:03 PM
    Just one rep's opinion, but pulling the "I'm a doctor" card is a sure fire way to make sure you're not the one I bend the rules for.

10-09-09 12:17 AM
    Just one rep's opinion, but pulling the "I'm a doctor" card is a sure fire way to make sure you're not the one I bend the rules for.

You can always tell if its a lie or not. And when its a lie the respect drops dramatically. That's whaT a VZW rep told me.

10-09-09 08:53 AM
    Holy wall of text batman! But if you got a device error, download the OS from vzam.net/blackberry and reload it through Desktop Manager
    You dont even need DTM; use the how to fix a bricked blackberry instructions from here.
    BlackBerry 101: How to Reload the Operating System on a Nuked BlackBerry | CrackBerry.com

Ive used this multiple times for customers with jvm errors to app errors to purpetual reboot sessions.
    Works every time and is SOOO much easier than using dtm.
    Last edited by heather.law; 10-09-09 at 09:13 AM.
    10-09-09 09:07 AM
    Do we really need a post everytime someone has a tech issue with their phone? They did a standard warranty replacement. Case closed.
    BTW, a "doctor' would have paid for a new one or paid the shipping charge. That's what a VZW rep told me.
    You can always tell if its a lie or not. And when its a lie the respect drops dramatically. That's whaT a VZW rep told me.

What else did a Verizon rep tell you?

Anyways, when customers try to act like they are more important than any other customer they do in fact get less of a response from employees here. We do what we can to help you but we have guidelines that have to be followed. I dont care if you are a brain surgeon or a farmer, your profession does not change our policies.
    10-09-09 03:20 PM
    Bricked because of something user did, either intentionally or unintentionally. Personally, I'd be happy just from the replacement. But, as mentioned, it is a recoverable fault.

Suggestion for future upgrades & modifications. Download the software to your computer. Run an AV update & scan. Then restart your computer. While computer is rebooting, turn the radio off on your phone. Connect phone to computer & run the install/upgrade. Pause your AV program, screen savers &power management. Do not run anything on your computer after restart other than the bare minimum needed to do your upgrade/install process. When process is complete, restart your phone, turn on the radio & have fun.

10-09-09 03:35 PM
    Well I'm the President of the US, and I want a new Blackberry too, because I F'ed mine up. I'm entitled, because I'm the President or I'll go to the store and wet my diaper and smack the CSR with my Peace Prize.
    10-09-09 09:09 PM
    Bricked because of something user did, either intentionally or unintentionally. Personally, I'd be happy just from the replacement. But, as mentioned, it is a recoverable fault.

See, I dont know how many times I recover these things over the phone with a customer and either they are greatful ( 99% of the time )
    Its MHO that I would rather FIX my berry than have to get another.
    Saves vzw money in the long run though... I'm working on my version of the fix set as an authorized fix via the KB. Maybe then I'll stop losing FCR when I get monitored for these fixes. Like its not FCR to fix a bricked berry.
    10-10-09 07:34 AM
    I feel your pain my tour messed up about a month after i got it and i went into the store on a friday and they keep me in there for 3 hours only to tell me they would snd me another phone in the mail i was like if i knew tht you were going to say that i would have ordered one on the phone wednesday when i had a rep on the phone.
    10-10-09 01:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD