The trackball on my 8330 stopped scrolling down today.

Long story short, I don't have insurance on it because I bought the phone on eBay on the cheap. Nowhere near eligible for an upgrade, I popped the darn thing out and cleaned it (dusty) and while it was in my hand, it didn't want to roll very well. It has been spazzing out since the 2nd week I got the phone, but usually clicking and rolling around aggressively seems to make it work.

Back in the phone, still wouldn't roll down. I call the store, they said bring it in maybe it was under warranty from the original owner (?) and I went to the wrong store. Why Verizon stores are 1/4 a mile apart in my city and the neighboring city I went to, I have no idea.

But anyway, guy took the phone and out comes the trackball again. He said it was the trackball, not the phone.

"Sorry sir, we don't sell those."

But I guess he wanted to make sure for me that it was the trackball, so he starts going into other 8330's there that are in for repair, of course most of them were having the same issue lol. He finds one that is good, and hands it to me and says "There it's working."

$0

I'm definitely going to buy an extra one online now, for such instances.

Why Sprint has us tell customers we have to replace the entire phone for all trackball failures, or why the store can't fix any of them I'll never know.

Now I at least have an option to tell my customers that don't have insurance or the $ to pay Assurion
    06-11-09 05:24 PM
    You can pick up new trackballs here
    http://shop.crackberry.com/blackberr...medium=content
    06-11-09 05:31 PM
    Maybe you have someone that is a dipstick telling you that a BB has to be replaced for a funky TB. I've had mine replaced at a store with a service center. New TB, and it wasn't a used one pilfered from another device, either.

[center]My cost:$0[
    /center]

Call the breeder, that dog don't hunt.

Game, Set, Match; Sprint.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-11-09 05:47 PM
    I know, I'm looking for a case too. I mean, I can't just order 1 thing at one time. That's wasting gas or something.
    06-11-09 05:47 PM
    Hey! A verizon store rep finally got on the scoreboard? Wow. Get another and they will finally have two points!

Sorry but verizon stores stink to high heaven.

06-11-09 06:44 PM
    Cool it everyone. Dang. It's like an olympic sport bashing on Verizon customer service and crackberry is the frickin' dream team.

Just accept that someone had an interaction with a Verizon rep and came away with a positive feeling.

Wow... No need to infer anything other than that. I went to radio shack for a USB port for my laptop today. It was mismarked as on sale and the sale had ended. The counter person honored the sale price and was very friendly. I felt good about the interaction.

If I were to post that story here, I'd have a bunch of nay-sayers pounce on me and say they got better treatment at xyz store. Most radio shack people are dolts. I'm a dummy for shopping there, etc.

Geeesh - give 'em a break. The Verizon rep made someone happy - let it go at that.

06-11-09 07:54 PM
    lol

The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 10 characters.
    Last edited by faf224; 07-12-09 at 04:01 PM. Reason: TMI
    06-11-09 10:44 PM
    ha this is a great story..

I hope someone doesn't get a bunk curve now in return but heck thats a good story haah
    06-12-09 01:27 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD