I will be adding my wife on to my plan. She will use it for phone, texting and facebook. Has anyone used both the Rouge and Envy? She doesn't want to pick it out and has left it up to me. I think she is leaning towards the envy because it has the physical numbers on the front and smaller, but will she regret not having a larger screen to view texts and facebook on the rouge? Any benefits I am missing with these phones?
    02-22-10 07:34 AM
    If I remember right the Rouge has a resistive touch screen not capacitive. What I have noticed in the past is that pressure sensitive touch phones, ie the Rouge are frustrating and have a tendency to pocket dial.

My wife LOVES her slate blue EnV3. She doesn't use Facebook on it except too the texts it sends. But it is a great phone for testing. The battery life makes me jealous. She goes 4 days without charging. It's quick, and is a very reliable phone.

As for the Rouge, it does not have a dedicated facebook at. It's just a shortcut to the mobile site. So dont be fooled by the icon.

I would recommend the EnV.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-22-10 07:44 AM
    You are right, she is not a big tech freak and I think the touch screen would drive her crazy. I just wanted to take advantage of the $10 I will be forced to pay for data. Thank you for the advice.
    02-22-10 07:49 AM
    If she is really mostly going to use it for text, then perhaps you should consider the Samsung Intensity. Slider keyboard/non-smart phone which does not require a data plan.
    02-22-10 08:02 AM
    As a technician and seeing the amount of issues I see? Samsung rogue or intensity

02-22-10 08:04 AM
    Having used Samsung and LG in the past, I'd say go Samsung. Now if we are talking TVs I might say LG, but Samsung, makes better constructed phones.
    02-22-10 08:20 AM
    As a technician and seeing the amount of issues I see? Samsung rogue or intensity

'

I agree; the Env 3 and the Env Touch have been terrible. I have recommended Samsung since day one.
    02-22-10 08:56 AM
    a tendency to pocket dial.
    It just kills me that people keep a phone like the Rogue in their pocket.
    02-22-10 08:57 AM
    lol @Wireless Vet.

My wife has had zero problems with the EnV3. I've never been a huge fan of Samsung phones, especially their touch screens...bad experience with the Samsung Glyde. Really bad experience. I pocket dialed SO much. It just takes pressure on one point on the screen. At least with the EnV Touch, you have to swipe up a little.
    02-22-10 11:59 AM
    ha the Glyde was a disaster
    02-22-10 12:10 PM
    A HORRIBLE disaster. What a piece...good thing I traded that in like there was no tomorrow.
    02-22-10 04:33 PM
    Having used Samsung and LG in the past, I'd say go Samsung. Now if we are talking TVs I might say LG, but Samsung, makes better constructed phones.
    I'd like to go ahead and argue in favor of the Samsung TV too!

Yes, I love my Samsung TV's!

And many other Samsung products! The Samsung Alias was the best dumbphone I ever had, I can say that honestly and with a totally straight face.

BTW, there's probably about a 90% chance that those LG TV's are really Samsung TV's at the heart...just say'n...
    02-23-10 12:49 AM
    Way off topic but Samsung LED TV's are the best you can buy.
    02-23-10 01:18 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD