09-10-09 04:46 PM
64 123
tools
    last month I used 400, the month before that, 450MB....

If this website i found, m.moodio.fm works on this samsung rogue and lets me stream audio thru it, i am going to buy the phone. all of my data on my phone is basically for music...

how much would the data cost be a month for the rogue now that the vpak is gone? didnt the vpak let you have unlimited megabytes? when I had my LG enV, i know for a fact I used more than 25MB...
    09-04-09 02:48 PM
    copied from boygeniusreport.com

"Enhanced Multimedia Phones might not be smartphones but they will require a data plan just like their big brothers and sisters. Customers who snatch up an Enhanced Multimedia Phone will be required to chose a data plan of $9.99 for 25MB or $19.99 for 75MB. Other changes currently brewing at Verizon include the death of the $15 VCAST Vpak (current subscribers grandfathered) and introduction of a $10 “VCAST Video On Demand” plan. For those unfamiliar with the option, the Vpak provided unlimited data for feature phones whereas the new $10 VCAST plan will only provide unlimited videos, thus requiring either the $9.99 or $19.99 data option for users wanting Web, email, etc (or pay $1.99/MB without a data plan)."

So basically if you want unlimited data, then you're screwed?
    09-04-09 03:03 PM
    Thats what it sounds like... It seems as though they are taking the way of the data card plans. i.e. 250mb or 5gb plans per month now and no more unlimited. I'm sure Verizon cleans up with all the overages.
    09-04-09 03:07 PM
    But does this have any effect on the Connect or Premium plans with unlimited data? Or are these phones going to be like BB where they require a separate type of data plan?
    09-04-09 03:09 PM
    Yeah they rationalize having mandatory internet on enhanced phones like the rogue bc people call and complain about 1.99 per meg w no data plan... yet I have a feeling people won't be thrilled about paying $ per meg over the 25megs included for 9.99....

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-04-09 06:47 PM
    You are correct. Here's what we are going to do.

I confirmed with VZW that I can upgrade to a BB and we can add a line for my daughter to our NW loyalty plan. We'll add just the $5/250 texting to just my daughter's line. I also confirmed that I can log onto my account to block texting. So if she hits her limit, we can block it so that she doesn't go over due to other people texting her.
    Just to double check, make sure you're doing this with usage controls, and not just changing the text feature to "blocked". If you put a straight block on the plan, it'll prorate her text plan, creating more overage.
    09-04-09 08:28 PM
    guess ill just have to go back to my trusty Motorola Startac Rainbow...
    09-04-09 09:51 PM
    I was liking the EnV Touch with it's 400x800 res and Dolby sound... But then I googled the Rogue (never bothered..)

This thing is pretty much a smartphone... The specs are pretty damn impressive. OLED display 480x800 res 256MB of RAM and 768MB of Flash... Attachment viewer for emails, pretty solid browser... Christ this dumbphone is a beast!

I want that res on the Storm 2 LOL...

09-04-09 10:14 PM
    These phones may be in the stores - but most won't let you see them & they aren't supposed to be selling them.

Went out to dinner with some friends - they are in need of new phones to replace BlackBerrys. They do not want another round of BlackBerrys. She likes the sound of the Rogue. Just across the freeway was a mall - open until 9:30 with a large full service VZW store inside.

8PM, Friday evening - mall has enforced policies that keeps mall rats away. So we head over there. Typical of a VZW store, there are three employees - Tom the manager, Pete the clueless & an attractive young woman with a large growth on her nose working tech & CS. Well, she was attractive as long as you could divert your eyes from that schnoz...

Problem was there was about 30 people inside. I stood in the back, near the tech desk, waiting for our young schnoz, woman. That thing was so big, I never paid attention to her nametag. Poor thing.

Anyway, she finally sees me standing there - she may have also noticed I probably sold a couple netbooks, directed people away from the Tour/Storm, assisted with a tech issue, pulled a couple cases for a pair of middle aged women & a bit more - don't know if she appreciated or felt sorry for me.

I ask her about the Rogue. She looked at me, completely clueless. I told her the things were in store. She told me no, they didn't have anything like that. I asked her to check. She said no. I showed her my VZW security card & she finally agreed to go ask Tom, the manager. My friends had already talked with Tom for a few seconds. She comes back & tells me they have them, but they are top-secret & can't show them until they've been trained on them. I found out on the way back to the car that my friends got basically the same story, minus the schnoz.

Get in the car & I put Chandler Fashion Center store on speaker & call the back line. After answering without a professional greeting (hello was the only greeting), I ask to speak with the manager. No manager on duty, but he'd get me the assistant. Assistant tells me he doesn't know when they will have them in the store, that they don't get that info until the day before the phones arrive. I told him of the story I got from the first store - he tells me they were lying. I call right back, get same guy who answered phone first time & asked him about the Rogue. He told me they had them, but were not allowed to show them until Tuesday. He did offer to take my name & number for a call when they were available. I declined.

Called yet another mall store. Much nicer phone manners. Spoke to a nice lady who told me they weren't yet for sale, but she would be happy to show me one if I could get there by 9PM. 20 miles away & it is now 8:40 - nope, don't think we'd make it. Have a supercharged 6.2 in the Denali, but still can't outrun police Motorolas, so I pass.

Called a friend of mine at home - he is a store manager. He confirmed what I was told already - he could show me one, but only because it was me - he wasn't supposed to bring one out for regular customers. I asked him about the low staffing at mall stores on a holiday weekend - he said corporate was reducing staffing levels at the stores in the evening - even at the busier stores.

The thing is supposed to be out on Tuesday. Don't go out of your way to see one before then - you're liable to be disappointed. At the very least, you're likely to get bad information.

09-05-09 02:03 AM
    That sucks twins... most of the stores near me, I'm by the iowa/illinois border, have demos in stock that any customer can play with upon request. I dont know if they have the actual phones in stock...they say they dont, but i am sure they do but obviously cant touch or sell them with the exception of playing with a demo...

did you end up getting to play with one? if so, what did you think?

why wont anyone answer me regarding the elimination of the vpak?
    09-05-09 04:09 AM
    Guess my response wasn't so out of left field...
    09-05-09 08:45 AM
    why wont anyone answer me regarding the elimination of the vpak?
    What about it? It will be grandfathered for everyone else who had it before. The alternative to it would be getting either a Connect or Premium plan.
    09-05-09 11:17 AM
    What about it? It will be grandfathered for everyone else who had it before. The alternative to it would be getting either a Connect or Premium plan.
    Both are pretty much a better deal too, aren't they?

It might be nice for family plans though if they would allow Connect on one line, Premium on another, Select on a third...

09-05-09 11:28 AM

It might be nice for family plans though if they would allow Connect on one line, Premium on another, Select on a third...

Yeah the Connect and Premium plans are pretty nice. With the Connect plan I think it's around $10 more than the Select. So you're really looking at about $10 for Unlimited MB and Mobile Web.
    09-05-09 12:23 PM
    Oh! Ok not bad at all...then I would get my 19 percent off on it too that way. Not a single phone rep could answer my question because the change hasn't been made yet and they can't talk about it lol...

09-05-09 01:06 PM
    Touchscreens.

LOL.
    09-05-09 04:29 PM

You can.

09-05-09 05:44 PM
    You can.
    How? We were talking about that last night - told my friends it couldn't be done - checked online & there was no option.

09-05-09 05:46 PM
    If the primary is on a premium, you can add secondaries as premium for 29.99, connect for 19.99, and select for 9.99. If the primary is on a connect, you can add it as a connect for 19.99, or a select for 9.99.
    That's what someone at VZW told me.
    09-05-09 06:11 PM
    I know this thread is a couple of days old but I just noticed the Rogue is available for order online from VZW with upgrade pricing for $99! That is unbelievably cheep for a new phone I think.

I can't seem to locate it in the long list of phones but it is in the list of offers when you first go onto their website.
    09-08-09 12:20 AM
    If the primary is on a premium, you can add secondaries as premium for 29.99, connect for 19.99, and select for 9.99. If the primary is on a connect, you can add it as a connect for 19.99, or a select for 9.99.
    That's what someone at VZW told me.
    Thanks - will check that out shortly.

I know this thread is a couple of days old but I just noticed the Rogue is available for order online from VZW with upgrade pricing for $99! That is unbelievably cheep for a new phone I think.

I can't seem to locate it in the long list of phones but it is in the list of offers when you first go onto their website.
    Thanks - will check that out shortly, too.

09-08-09 12:28 AM
    09-08-09 12:30 AM
    Thanks!

Didn't find it on the main page - but it is in the phone lineup. If you choose Connect or Premium, where data is included, all is good. If you choose Basic or Select, you must add either the $9.99 25MB or $19.99 75MB addon.

Adding text & data separately is a bit silly - get the Connect for the same amount & it is all unlimited.

09-08-09 12:55 AM
    Ooooh - a couple sidenotes.

EnV3 went up to $129

EnV Touch went up to $179

Omnia cut to $49

09-08-09 12:58 AM
    Yeah the site must have updated after I looked. The env touch was still $99 when I looked and now it is up to $179 and the Rogue is in the line up where it was only a link on the front page. Wonder why the newest phone is less expensive then the older ones. I would have thought it would be the other way around.
    09-08-09 01:12 AM
64 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD